ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #211
grinns
Semper Fi

Oddometer: 1,322
Reset TPS (Keihin)
After downloading (Fig. 12), a reset of the TPS is required.
Turn off the ignition, wait ten seconds and turn ignition back on.
With connection re-established with TuneECU proceed :-

ECU Reset TPS
Then start the engine and let idle until the “TPS” status indicator (in the status bar) changes to green (after 10 to 15 minutes).

- KTM
After downloading, start the engine and let running it idle (without touching accelerator) for 15 minutes,
then turn it off.

Thats the comments on the TuneECU page.

grinns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:28 PM   #212
grinns
Semper Fi

I need to read a bit, but I thought a full download would require this, but if you were just updating portions of the map it may not be required?

Comments? I did read the last posts too and I am still thinking about it. I have been doing a full 15 min idle.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:28 PM   #213
blue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
VeeTwo Dyno

Firstly thanks to Ken, I received my ecu plug.

Thanks also to the guys at TuneEcu for taking the time to find a fix for the lack of tuneability of the LC8 engine, much appreciated.

I've got a 2010 990R Adv with wings exhausts no inserts. Here in western australia there is a group called veetwo motorcycles who tune, modify and remanufacture performance ducatis. They're are considered gurus in tuning high performance V Twins and have access to a dyno. I've got my bike booked in with them in jan and will get them to use the the TuneECU software to try and get a high end map for the above mentioned config. Will upload the results then. Should be interesting :)

Cheers

Matt
blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #214
twodollardoug
the calimesa kid

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Firstly thanks to Ken, I received my ecu plug.

Thanks also to the guys at TuneEcu for taking the time to find a fix for the lack of tuneability of the LC8 engine, much appreciated.

I've got a 2010 990R Adv with wings exhausts no inserts. Here in western australia there is a group called veetwo motorcycles who tune, modify and remanufacture performance ducatis. They're are considered gurus in tuning high performance V Twins and have access to a dyno. I've got my bike booked in with them in jan and will get them to use the the TuneECU software to try and get a high end map for the above mentioned config. Will upload the results then. Should be interesting :)

Cheers

Matt
cool, im curios to see what they set the f-l switch to.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:10 AM   #215
924sas
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
thx to jeff as he explained it nearly the same way as i heard it in mattighofen (where my source comes from) and btw my english is tuned by google.
in my simple words: 15min run = adapting to the current conditions while at work

i'm still not sure if that is the same as a reset via tuneboy as there is no adapting more a reset to start from square one. or am i thinking in the wrong direction

however, i just want to thank everyone sharing the info here!
924sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #216
Tom-Hamburg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
12-10-10 TuneECUv1.7.9b now released

* Incorrect position of the TPS (real time) in the F tables, corrected.

BR, Tom
Triumph Rocket Roadster

Tom-Hamburg screwed with this post 12-10-2010 at 02:00 PM
Tom-Hamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #217
chrish4ku
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-Hamburg View Post
12-10-10 TuneECUv1.7.9b now released

* Incorrect position of the TPS (real time) in the F tables, corrected.

BR, Tom
Shall we ask for the Android 2.2 Version of TuneECU? We could change maps on the fly during a long trip...;)

Wishful thinking

Thanks again. Got my cable and am ready to learn.
2011 KTM 990 Adventure / KTM 500 EXC
Chris' Sat Tracker
chrish4ku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:45 PM   #218
motorcycledave1000
Speed Thrills

Oddometer: 82
Got my cable, Thanks Ken

Some initial observations:

Looking at the stock tunes: Am I to understand the rev limit for the 09-10 Non-R and R models is 9400rpm and everybody else is set to 9600???

On the 07-08 stock tune the L1/L2's around the 3000 rpm/small throttle openings seems excessively low compared to everyone else's. Could this be in part the problem with the herky jerky throttle we all seem to suffer?

Finally how do you copy and paste the values in the tables, my Vista machine doesn't seem to want to copy any numbers in the charts?

2008 KTM990 Adventure
2002 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2002 Yamaha WR-426
1983 Honda V45 Interceptor
motorcycledave1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:03 AM   #219
Tom-Hamburg
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcycledave1000 View Post
....Finally how do you copy and paste the values in the tables, my Vista machine doesn't seem to want to copy any numbers in the charts?
Hi,

Individual areas or values of a table can not be copied, only whole tables can be copied but only when the tables are the same type.

All other changes must be made individually by hand. Either directly in the F-tables or on the trim tables.

BR, Tom
Triumph Rocket Roadster
Old 12-12-2010, 03:28 PM   #220
chrish4ku
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 757
Tested: Standard vs Akro Maps 2008 990

Quote:
Some initial observations:

Looking at the stock tunes: Am I to understand the rev limit for the 09-10 Non-R and R models is 9400rpm and everybody else is set to 9600???

On the 07-08 stock tune the L1/L2's around the 3000 rpm/small throttle openings seems excessively low compared to everyone else's. Could this be in part the problem with the herky jerky throttle we all seem to suffer?

Finally how do you copy and paste the values in the tables, my Vista machine doesn't seem to want to copy any numbers in the charts?
First of all, TuneECU is fantastic!

On my 08 A I have ridden with both the standard map and the open map (U.S.) Approx 400 miles on the open map, and 2,000 miles on the standard.

1. The Open (Akro) map totally eliminates herky jerky, and the 4,000 RPM hesitation. Bike runs like a dream. Issue: Mileage 28-31 tops. Fuel light comes on at about 125 total miles.
2. Standard Map: Bike runs well, but still a bit of hesitation at 4,000 RPM. Gas mileage is 37-40 ish. Some decel popping, but very mild.

I have Remus Titanium cans with inserts installed.

My big question to the FI experts - is there an "in between" map that has been adjusted between the 4-5K RPM range. I can see there is quite a difference in levels when doing the "overlay" function on TuneECU. (Akro vs. Standard).

My unprofessional observation is that more fuel = better performance. But I just don't know how much is enough.

My bet is that somebody has the "perfect" custom map out there for the 07-80 models.

Feel free to PM me if there are any suggestions or some sort of compromise.
2011 KTM 990 Adventure / KTM 500 EXC
Chris' Sat Tracker
chrish4ku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:32 PM   #221
motorcycledave1000
Speed Thrills

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-Hamburg View Post
Hi,

Individual areas or values of a table can not be copied, only whole tables can be copied but only when the tables are the same type.

All other changes must be made individually by hand. Either directly in the F-tables or on the trim tables.

BR, Tom
Tom,

Thanks for the info , I was looking at copying the numbers, paste them into Microsoft EXCEL and make some 3 dimensional surface plots, learn some Fuel Injection science.

Maybe for future release, with the "compare table" feature, have a "difference table" feature, another colored coded table, but showing the difference of each value. Just a thought.

2008 KTM990 Adventure
2002 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2002 Yamaha WR-426
1983 Honda V45 Interceptor
motorcycledave1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:54 PM   #222
Tom-Hamburg
Adventurer

Quote:
Tom,
Thanks for the info , I was looking at copying the numbers, paste them into Microsoft EXCEL and make some 3 dimensional surface plots, learn some Fuel Injection science.
Maybe for future release, with the "compare table" feature, have a "difference table" feature, another colored coded table, but showing the difference of each value. Just a thought.
Hi,
Suggestions about the program can you send directly to Alain, he is the programmer.

The contact address for Alain, is at the top right of the TuneECU page.

BR, Tom
Triumph Rocket Roadster
Old 12-12-2010, 11:49 PM   #223
grinns
Semper Fi

Quote:
Tom,

You can export tables in comma delimited format. I did it but didn't try to import in excel.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:46 AM   #224
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrish4ku View Post
First of all, TuneECU is fantastic!

On my 08 A I have ridden with both the standard map and the open map (U.S.) Approx 400 miles on the open map, and 2,000 miles on the standard.

1. The Open (Akro) map totally eliminates herky jerky, and the 4,000 RPM hesitation. Bike runs like a dream. Issue: Mileage 28-31 tops. Fuel light comes on at about 125 total miles.

Akra map that I tested was 12.0:1 to 12.2:1 Air/Fuel ratio. Way too rich.

2. Standard Map: Bike runs well, but still a bit of hesitation at 4,000 RPM.

Hesitation is lean. Add fuel 3,750 to 4,000rpm. But first you must know at what TPS this is.

Gas mileage is 37-40 ish.

Impossible to fix without a wide-band. Mine is 52-56mpg

I have Remus Titanium cans with inserts installed.

My big question to the FI experts - is there an "in between" map that has been adjusted between the 4-5K RPM range. I can see there is quite a difference in levels when doing the "overlay" function on TuneECU. (Akro vs. Standard).

My unprofessional observation is that more fuel = better performance.

Too much fuel = wasted $$ and not as crisp throttle response.

But I just don't know how much is enough.

My bet is that somebody has the "perfect" custom map out there for the 07-80 models.

"Perfect" map is perfect for one engine.

Feel free to PM me if there are any suggestions or some sort of compromise.
You guys got the software for next to free(hopefully you donated to there sight), the cable for cheep so now get together and buy a wide-band and share it?

tahoeacr screwed with this post 12-13-2010 at 11:06 AM
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:56 AM   #225
aldonc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinns View Post
You can export tables in comma delimited format. I did it but didn't try to import in excel.
How? I don't see an export or Save As function.

thanks,
Aldon
2001 Ducati ST2
aldonc is offline   Reply With Quote