ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #2326
evildingo
On a road to no-where
 
evildingo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Gympie QLD
Oddometer: 420
Blue Tunes

Hi , I have a 2010 990r and i am looking for a map to stop it coughing, spluttering & stalling at low corner speed . ,
Secondary throttle butterfly's removed
Straight through acro
question is >>>> which map is the smoothest & how do I retrieve them from computer
I downloaded Tune-ECU , then download maps . when I start tune-ecu ,click file , click open map file , I can only find 1" (*.HEX )" file and its for a 990a with standard pipe . Any help would be great ,



( thanks Mick , Joe , Bob , though I get in early )
__________________
Lets ride
evildingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #2327
outbacktaz
outbacktaz
 
outbacktaz's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: 6 minutes away from a KTM dealer! Total bliss!!
Oddometer: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildingo View Post
Hi , I have a 2010 990r and i am looking for a map to stop it coughing, spluttering & stalling at low corner speed . ,
Secondary throttle butterfly's removed
Straight through acro
question is >>>> which map is the smoothest & how do I retrieve them from computer
I downloaded Tune-ECU , then download maps . when I start tune-ecu ,click file , click open map file , I can only find 1" (*.HEX )" file and its for a 990a with standard pipe . Any help would be great ,



( thanks Mick , Joe , Bob , though I get in early )
Download the map you'd like to install into another folder, then tell Tune-ECU to get that file and install it onto the bike's ecu.
__________________
Marty aka Outbacktaz!!
__________________________________________________
Only the dead have seen the end of War! George Santayana
To sin by silence makes cowards out of men! Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Peace is mostly valued by those who are sworn to protect it! Unknown
outbacktaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #2328
Dagwood_55
Beastly Adventurer
 
Dagwood_55's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: The Ozarks
Oddometer: 1,323
Got a couple of questions about error codes..

Bike is running very well, just installed the Rottwieller 07/07 2to1 2% map.

But I have 3 error codes:

First is PO113, which I believe is a sensor which is on top of the airbox, which Rott took out. Do I reset it or what??

next is PO222 2nd throttle position sensor, low voltage (short to ground or open circut) Ran a search on this one and came up with nothing.

last is PO444 Purge Valve system open of short to ground. Again ???

If anyone has any info to share, Thanks,
__________________
Live long, love much, laugh often, and
Ride, Ride, Ride.....
Dagwood_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #2329
renogeorge
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Reno
Oddometer: 1,261
I thought the sensor in the stock air box cover (ambient air?) gets relocated to the CPR base plate and re-connected.

I have been asking about the secondary butterflies and wondering how to deal with them in Tune ECU. Isn't that the second TPS? I am still not clear if they can be turned off in Tune ECU, fooled by setting them at 100% open or???

Isn't the purge valve part of the cannister system? Once removed, don't we turn that off? Is that EPC?

May want to check out the Rottweiler/CPR thread which is getting similar questions related to TuneECU.

FWIW
__________________
KTMs--300, 518, 990
renogeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #2330
Yascher
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Yascher's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Moscow, Russia
Oddometer: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood_55 View Post
Got a couple of questions about error codes..

Bike is running very well, just installed the Rottwieller 07/07 2to1 2% map.

But I have 3 error codes:

First is PO113, which I believe is a sensor which is on top of the airbox, which Rott took out. Do I reset it or what??

next is PO222 2nd throttle position sensor, low voltage (short to ground or open circut) Ran a search on this one and came up with nothing.

last is PO444 Purge Valve system open of short to ground. Again ???

If anyone has any info to share, Thanks,
You had your circuits open while ignition was on and ECU documented circuit breaks, just clear all this crap form the memory and ride))))
Yascher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #2331
evildingo
On a road to no-where
 
evildingo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Gympie QLD
Oddometer: 420
,.

So which is the best map ??
__________________
Lets ride
evildingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:24 AM   #2332
Yascher
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Yascher's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Moscow, Russia
Oddometer: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildingo View Post
So which is the best map ??
did you download a zip file with ALL KTM maps and unpacked it to the tune ecu folder or other known location? just open that folder whereever it is and select your Acro map
Yascher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:31 AM   #2333
evildingo
On a road to no-where
 
evildingo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Gympie QLD
Oddometer: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yascher View Post
did you download a zip file with ALL KTM maps and unpacked it to the tune ecu folder or other known location? just open that folder whereever it is and select your Acro map
Should try them all until i'm happy ?
__________________
Lets ride
evildingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:24 AM   #2334
Yascher
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Yascher's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Moscow, Russia
Oddometer: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildingo View Post
Should try them all until i'm happy ?
if you have the number codes before HEX file, than just look at the map descriptions list
http://www.tomhamburg.net/KTM_Tune_list.html

yours shpould be KM601EU1180232Map.hex
Yascher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:38 AM   #2335
Loui€
Rides With Reindeer
 
Loui€'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: PoroWaara
Oddometer: 47
hi!

(990 2008 stock)

I've been test-ridin' about 40000 km with 'homemade' 2008 basic map with copy-pasted 2011 fueling.
worked OK, but was a bit thirsty;
2nd flies were min 14%.

now I did put the original basic map back (EPC off of course), and it is really as good, or even better, and saves 0,5-1 liter/ 100km, and can be driven 6th gear 80-100 km/h. so no need to fix it.

***
for those with STALLING issues, first check TB-balance and TPS-value, they are really important.
when they are OK, and you still have problems in that field, then look for other things.

as told earlier, I had that stalling issue when bought the bike (52000 kms ago), and after those 2 adjustments, no problem any more.

now I noticed, that idle keeps a bit high, 2000-2200 rpm, when ridin', after while it drops to 1500.
TPS is now 0,585 (showin' 0,58-0,59), and I think to adjust it back to 0,60 even, where I left it some 40000 kms ago.
anyway, it keeps it's value quite well!


L
Loui€ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #2336
evildingo
On a road to no-where
 
evildingo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Gympie QLD
Oddometer: 420
I used KM601EU1180232Map.hex2011 ktm990r with acro map , do I disconnect the o2 with bike running or set it before the download starts ?


Re: FT232 USB UART Driver
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 08:16:26 am »
Bigger Bigger Smaller Smaller Reset Reset
go here http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm all the way to the right under "comments" on the table it says "Available as setup executable" then download that and it will do the setup for you
Logged
__________________
Lets ride
evildingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #2337
mschviuz
Gnarly Adventurer
 
mschviuz's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 100
Newbie to KTM tuning...couple questions

I already have the ob cable, which I used with my speed triple and tune ecu. When I buy the other two parts.....the pigtail and ktm connector....I need info to wire the ktm connector in. Where can I get the wiring info? Second question......07 990 adventure stock stock stock.....which map has been the best to smooth out the abruptness of the throttle off idle?

I know these questions have be hashed out a thousand times by now but I'm hoping someone might have these bits of info handily available.

Let the mods begin....soon to be owner of another KTM.


EDIT>>>>>just found the wiring info. Any suggestion on which map to run????
mschviuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #2338
wakked1
Aspiring Itinerant
 
wakked1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: SF, CA
Oddometer: 61
Make all changes (and save) before you "download" the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildingo View Post
I used KM601EU1180232Map.hex2011 ktm990r with acro map , do I disconnect the o2 with bike running or set it before the download starts ?


Re: FT232 USB UART Driver
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 08:16:26 am »
Bigger Bigger Smaller Smaller Reset Reset
go here http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm all the way to the right under "comments" on the table it says "Available as setup executable" then download that and it will do the setup for you
Logged
__________________
Recent trips: Reno 200 http://lofifoto.com/s/PYtapQBfzi, Carizzo Plain http://lofifoto.com/s/nDiEjgH3Rn

ADV 990, TE610/SM, MULTISTRADA PP
wakked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:12 AM   #2339
Bob_Wilson
Adventurer
 
Bob_Wilson's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Newcastle -upon-Tyne, England UK
Oddometer: 24
Has anyone any information on whether Tune ECU will be made available for the 1190 Adventure?
Bob_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #2340
Salzig
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Salzig's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Cremona, Italy
Oddometer: 248
Now!
It works with the RC8, why shouldn't it with the 1190 Adv?
__________________
Actual rides:
'10 Husqvarna TE310 - '07 KTM 990 Adventure ABS (S'd) - '04 Husqvarna SM450R - '99 YAMAHA R6

"A donkey! A donkey! My kingdom for a donkey!"
Salzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014