User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #2356
mschviuz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Anyone familiar with this map?

I downloaded this map off of my 07 adventure tonight and didn't see it listed anywhere on tune ecu page. Curious if anyone had any insight on it.

KM601US0702S01
mschviuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #2357
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

Oddometer: 2,322
just made a post on building a TuneECU cable for our 990's LINK

laters,

laramie

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
laramie LC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #2358
Sheep Shagger
Show me your fleece

Oddometer: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschviuz View Post
I downloaded this map off of my 07 adventure tonight and didn't see it listed anywhere on tune ecu page. Curious if anyone had any insight on it.

KM601US0702S01
None. But its the checksum that really matters. Email it to the page author so we can all try it.
Sheep Shagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #2359
mschviuz
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Shagger View Post
None. But its the checksum that really matters. Email it to the page author so we can all try it.
It seems that this map was the original map loaded on the bike.....I just stumbled across some information that states it is identical to the us map listed on tune ecu with stock cans except for this info....TSB

TB0803 from Sept 2007.

- Found issues with 2007 "learning capabilities" of the ecu
- Replace current map with file identification 0702S01 with updated 0704501

Thanks for the reply though....I was beginning to think my posts in this thread were invisible
Old 09-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #2360
Sheep Shagger
Show me your fleece

Oddometer: 2,056
Quote:
It seems that this map was the original map loaded on the bike.....I just stumbled across some information that states it is identical to the us map listed on tune ecu with stock cans except for this info....TSB

TB0803 from Sept 2007.

Thanks for the reply though....I was beginning to think my posts in this thread were invisible
Personally, I'd ignore the "learning capabilities" fix. I run a modified KM601US0704501 and I can get the bike running perfectly for a few hundred miles. Sucks after that. Re-load the map (re-set the learning) and it's fine again.
So if that map has something in it that stops the bike "learning" I'd love to try it.
Sheep Shagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #2361
Dusty
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,167
Quote:

TB0803 from Sept 2007.

We have never seen it cause we all may have had are dealer update the original maps.(before TE was out)

I would love to see it... send it my way or to TE site.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #2362
mschviuz
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
We have never seen it cause we all may have had are dealer update the original maps.(before TE was out)

I would love to see it... send it my way or to TE site.
pm me your email address and I will send you the file. I don't think I can attach it here
Old 09-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #2363
BuzzOnWheels
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Hanging idle/erratic RPM '07 990 Adventure

'07 KTM 990 Adventre - 33,000 mi.

Hi, trying to not buy a $1,100 part to resolve an idle issue.

I am told by local dealers (Utah) and their communication with "KTM" that I need to replace the throttle body to resolve my erratic idle situation. That's like "new carbs to rejet each time" right?

It started with a strange high 1.75, and now up to 5K. Kill switch re-sets and back to 1.5 K rpm.

19K I noticed the first glitch and now at 32K it is holding 75 mph in 6th gear with out any hands.
Turning off the ignition resolves this problem temporarily, but happens increasingly more often.

TPS has been set on primary/secondary butterflies and throttle bodies/injectors sonically cleaned, no errors were coming up on computer with mapping for Akrapovic exhaust.

I heard that the "Big Grey Bundle" might be the culprit.

I also heard that Tune ICU might be a help.

Any wisdom? I am hoping that you might.

Also, is there a better place for me to post this question?

Thanks in advance, Demian

BuzzOnWheels
BuzzOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #2364
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer: 2,127
Have they confirmed that the stepper motor on the throttle body is causing the issue?

If so, you don't to replace the whole assembly. Just the stepper. Have them confirm it before you pull the trigger and report here if you'd like. By what you are describing, it does sound like a stepper motor issue.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #2365
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 293
Things that cross my mind.

- throttle cable play not enough
- intake rubbers damaged
- polluted electrical contacts in the big grey connector

And last thing maybe a bad TPS

Spark01 screwed with this post 09-22-2013 at 09:56 AM
Spark01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #2366
xTomKx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
I finally got the cable and started playing with Tune ECU last night.

Can somebody explain what is the difference between EU and US maps?
Old 09-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #2367
Zuber
Zoob

Oddometer: 1,699
The EU maps are for Europe and the US are for the USA. I've found very little difference in the way they run.

What bike do you have? This can help zero in on the best map.

For the 07-08's Adventures, the latest US map is the best for stock> ending >>>US0704501 It still has a wild ign map that creates a 'sensitive' throttle up to 4k and a soggy throttle 4-5k. Best mileage though. If the bike is tuned up to be spot-on, I've had this map work very well.

If you have slip-on mufflers (so no cats), any year, try the Acropovic optional maps, BUT use TuneECU to turn ON the O2 sensors for mileage.

For the 09-up Adv's with no cats, use the PowerTripp maps, at the end of the list provided with TuneECU. One is for 2-2 slip-ons, one for 2-1 slip-ons. The are the best starting point for these bikes.

If you've pulled the SAS or the Charcoal cannister, turn these off in TuneECU, always leave the O2 sensors turned ON.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #2368
Zuber
Zoob

Oddometer: 1,699
Hanging Idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark01 View Post
Things that cross my mind.

- throttle cable play not enough
- intake rubbers damaged
- polluted electrical contacts in the big grey connector

And last thing maybe a bad TPS
Exactly right. I've never seen a bad idle control motor on these yet, so don't buy anything until you've checked out these four items.

Hook up TuneECU and make sure the TPS returns to the initial voltage (0.600v) every time. Make sure it tracks smoothly (electric wise) with no glitches. Turn the bars, turn the ign on/off and make sure it doesn't change. If this voltage goes down, the ECU thinks it need higher idle to compensate. The TPS is the only thing I'd buy if you want to throw $$ at it.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #2369
rossguzzi
990 Adv.

Oddometer: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuber View Post
The EU maps are for Europe and the US are for the USA. I've found very little difference in the way they run.

For the 07-08's Adventures, the latest US map is the best for stock> ending >>>US0704501 It still has a wild ign map that creates a 'sensitive' throttle up to 4k and a soggy throttle 4-5k. Best mileage though. If the bike is tuned up to be spot-on, I've had this map work very well.

If you have slip-on mufflers (so no cats), any year, try the Acropovic optional maps, BUT use TuneECU to turn ON the O2 sensors for mileage.

For the 09-up Adv's with no cats, use the PowerTripp maps, at the end of the list provided with TuneECU. One is for 2-2 slip-ons, one for 2-1 slip-ons. The are the best starting point for these bikes.

If you've pulled the SAS or the Charcoal cannister, turn these off in TuneECU, always leave the O2 sensors turned ON.
I have a 06 990 with Akra`s. Running the TuneEcu Akra map and Throttle Tammer. Secondary butterflies removed. It runs really well, no popping on overun. Only thing I could pick is on decel I dont get a lot of enging braking when revs get around 3500 or so. As suggested above I will try measuring TPS after moving bars around etc and double check the TPS is not playing up.
I took out a fair bit of slack out of the cables which may be the cause, but it makes it smoother when sitting behind traffic at 3-5k revs. No hunting. No problems starting from cold etc.
I got 335 kms out of a tank (empty) running into the wind sitting about 110-120 kph for a fair bit of the time last weekend. Not bad I thought. 16 kpl

My question is, I still have not fitted my blanking off plates. If it is better to run this bike with SAS turned on (which I have) can the blanking plates be fitted? Or are they part of that system?
Down under we dont have charcoal canisters.

Love the info here !
Old 09-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #2370
xTomKx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuber View Post

I have a 2012 990A. Only mod is a set of slipons. My stock map was US1102002 so I currently uploaded the EU1180232 (2011 Adv R with Akra exhaust). I did the initialization run yesterday and didn't get a chance to ride with it yet. Idle seems very rich. Revving the throttle I was getting clouds of smoke.

I went into TuneECU and found the PowerTripp maps so will give them a shot.

Can I turn off the SAS and leave the hardware in place?