ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #2506
renogeorge
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,266
Mine was reluctant too. Things I did to get it to work

Try different usb port
Use the connect button and don't rely on auto connect
Switch ignition on and off--giving Tune ECU time to connect and give you the green.

Good luck
Old 12-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #2507
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer: 1,427
Kill switch got me last time. Got all hot and bothered about the new computer but as usual the problem was the loose nut behind the keyboard....

Sa
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #2508
Themastermike
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty141 View Post
Help please!!! I had a computer die on me. I was running Vista and all was good.. New computer, and Windows 8.. Needless to say "8" has been a bit of a pain...

Downloaded Tunes onto my new computer, but I think I am having driver issues. I can not get it to connect. I thought I loaded every driver listed hoping I could get it to work, but nothing. I can see the small bar on the right corner, but it will not turn green.

I am far from being a computer guy.... and if anyone can help me with this... beer is on me.

Thanks Smitty
I forget what page it is on but some speed setting on my win8 made mine work. I posted it as a tip to remember some where back in April or May.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #2509
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themastermike View Post
I forget what page it is on but some speed setting on my win8 made mine work. I posted it as a tip to remember some where back in April or May.
This might be the post Mike is referring to.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #2510
smitty141
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 588
Well, so far no luck getting connected.. Is there a easy way to remove all the drivers I have tried to use... And maybe start over... What a pain in the a$$ Windows 8 is.... Plus,I would be better at brain surgery, than computer stuff. If brain surgery went bad, I could just put the body's in the crawl space with the others....

Anyone in the St. Louis area a IT guru.....

Smitty
2013 Yamaha FJR1300...2010 BMW F800GS..
1999 Yamaha YZ250.. 2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM
smitty141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #2511
Themastermike
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Well, so far no luck getting connected.. Is there a easy way to remove all the drivers I have tried to use... And maybe start over... What a pain in the a$$ Windows 8 is.... Plus,I would be better at brain surgery, than computer stuff. If brain surgery went bad, I could just put the body's in the crawl space with the others....

Anyone in the St. Louis area a IT guru.....

Smitty
I'm in the St Louis area but it is mostly by accident that I get soft ware to work. After re thinking, I am not on win 8 but rather 7. The additional easy to use version is probably your issue. Just keep asset it, it will go.

Sent using Telepathy
Old 12-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #2512
BMacW650

Oddometer: 744
If you have a copy of windows xp or windows 7. There is nothing stoping you from installing the free virtualbox software and run windows xp or 7 virtually under windows 8.

Completely free, gets the job done.
https://www.virtualbox.org/
BMacW650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #2513
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMacW650 View Post
If you have a copy of windows xp or windows 7. There is nothing stoping you from installing the free virtualbox software and run windows xp or 7 virtually under windows 8.

Completely free, gets the job done.
https://www.virtualbox.org/
Smitty, I run Win7 under virtualbox on a Mac and it worked fine for me without any driver installation. You just have to identify the OBDII USB under virtualbox and then use that usb under TuneECU. Should work the same way running virtualbox under Win systems.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #2514
knobbyjoe
knobbyjoe

Oddometer: 492
The operating system, win 8, resides on one partition and all your changes or goofs on the other. Restoring does not remove your operating system like it did on earlier windows.

On my machine you press a button on the side of the computer and it starts the procedure to erase and reinstall, Bestbuy Lenova. The computer is returned to new. Good thing is it's just like you bought it...bad thing is all you have installed or saved is lost.

If your only problem is with TuneECU uninstall that program and then study a bit and reinstall being very careful. I know easy to say. I have spent many many hours studying and working on my win 8 lap top.

The only way I have figured things out is to have my Mac going and watch utube on how to do things in win 8. I then work on the win 8 stuff while pausing the Mac video and back. Pain but it works.
knobbyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #2515
smitty141
Studly Adventurer

I am only having trouble connecting to TuneEcu. I don't want to return all my setting to new.. I am going to un-install everything and start over. I do think it is all in the drivers.

On my old computer when I downloaded the drivers then unhooked from my internet connection. Plugged my cable to keep window from auto loading the drivers it thinks I need.

Well, I forgot that part this time and just plugged my cable in. There is a un-install link on the TuneEcu site and will try that..

Thanks guys for your help...

Smitty
Old 12-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #2516
Dusty
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtJack View Post
Smitty, I run Win7 under virtualbox on a Mac and it worked fine for me without any driver installation. You just have to identify the OBDII USB under virtualbox and then use that usb under TuneECU. Should work the same way running virtualbox under Win systems.

I'm done fuggin up my primary OS.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #2517
smitty141
Studly Adventurer

Well boys...I may apply for a IT job in my next life. After deleting the drivers and other crap i tried... I went step by step off the Tune site. After doing every step.. guess what.. It still did not work... On the edge of snapping my new laptop in half...I stepped back and took a breath.

I was just clicking on the top tabs of the Tune Ecu screen and came to the option tab.... Two choices.... Serial or USB...

Serial was checked. After highlighting USB and a quick click the USB was locked in.

A quick click to the connect tab, and I am Tuning...

Was this the problem from the start??? Maybe, or maybe not. I did not see this option anywhere in the instruction or setup, but I may have just missed it. As of now, I really do not need it the program. But I just like to have stuff ready just in case. Now for that new HIGH paying IT job..

Thanks for all the help,
Smitty
Old 12-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #2518
Dusty
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,252
Quote:
Well boys...I may apply for a IT job in my next life. After deleting the drivers and other crap i tried... I went step by step off the Tune site. After doing every step.. guess what.. It still did not work... On the edge of snapping my new laptop in half...I stepped back and took a breath.

I was just clicking on the top tabs of the Tune Ecu screen and came to the option tab.... Two choices.... Serial or USB...

Serial was checked. After highlighting USB and a quick click the USB was locked in.

A quick click to the connect tab, and I am Tuning...

Was this the problem from the start??? Maybe, or maybe not. I did not see this option anywhere in the instruction or setup, but I may have just missed it. As of now, I really do not need it the program. But I just like to have stuff ready just in case. Now for that new HIGH paying IT job..

Thanks for all the help,
Smitty
Good job man... yep i think you may found it on your own, i haven't come across that one yet...
I have a $200 XP laptop dedicated for tunning, that just plain works so i don't mess with it.

One thing i would suggest for 1st hookups is get the map of your bike put it in a folder of its own and never put or save any other maps in it!

Get very familiar with the software learn how to compare maps and all the functions there before loading maps.

no IT guy here, just gotta know how shit works, personality disorder i guess....
Old 12-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #2519
rattis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,120
Triumph

Hi
having downloaded tune ecu I get Triumph WTF?
HELP
Old 12-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #2520
Themastermike
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattis View Post
Hi
having downloaded tune ecu I get Triumph WTF?
HELP
Pull up katoom map, which will switch graphics.

BAAM

Sent using Telepathy