Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2014, 04:14 AM   #2551
KTMexcrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Yes, I spent weeks going crazy trying to chase down gremlins on my bike. In the end all it took was a dealer his tool (yeah that sounds wrong LOL) and a new map. After that was fixed I put in a “Power Commander 5”, that was 2 years ago and my bike has been running flawlessly ever since. And because of the Power Commander, I’m getting better gas mileage than the rest of my friends. About 160 miles (give or take a few) to the tank. PM me if you need more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMongo View Post
Are you saying that this "hard reset" is more than the "Reset Adaption" command that we have access to?
J.
KTMexcrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:06 PM   #2552
BykBoy
Meshuganeh

Oddometer: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by BykBoy View Post
Removed the canister and the SAS and disabled both using TunceECU (v. 2.5.3) on my 2011 990 Adventure Dakar Edition. I then installed the Rottweiler filter and loaded the 2-into-1 map from the TuneECU website. Did the 15 reset adaptation and I'm still getting the FI light blinking. I noticed that the TPS was at 0.72.

Following the directions on this thread, I adjusted the throttle position sensor twice: first so that it reads 0.65v, and a second time to read 0.58 v. in both cases, the following error message shows up in TunceECU and the FI light blinks (a cycle of 7 blinks, then a pause):

P0223 2nd throttle position sensor, high voltage or short circuit to battery

I also did a 15 min Reset Adaption after the first adjustment.

The 2nd Throttle test on the Test tab in TuneECU passes and returns the error message is replaced with "No errors". However, the FI light still blinks, and after I re-cycle the switch, the P0223 error returns.

Is the "2nd TPS" the same as "TPS" ? Is this a reference to the TPS on the rear cylinder? Does it need to be adjusted separately from the front TPS?

It turns out the 2nd TPS was not fitted correctly on the axle of the secondary butterfly. It gave out the wrong voltage and prevented the secondary butterflies from opening. I re-positioned it on the butterfly axle in the correct way and the FI light went out.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:03 PM   #2553
Newbusa
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 558
question on TuneEcu program,while looking at the program on my laptop i noticed i cannot seem to cycle between the maps to compare them.
I go to file then i try open map file, pick the map i want to look at,but the map on my screen does not change,At the bottom of the page it says its changed but not on the screen?
Does the program have to plugged into the bike for it to function properly? Or should i be able to compare maps in my map file without being plugged in?
I even tried comparing map files and nothing changes even when picking a map?
Old 02-02-2014, 10:18 PM   #2554
Zuber
Zoob

Oddometer: 1,785
Yeah, the compare file thing is subtle.

Read a file. You can modify this file.

Read the file you want to compare to. You can not modify this file

Go to one of the maps, like fuel or ignition. Mouse down on the left column where it shows the RPM. Or, across the top throttle position.

It will show one curve from each file. The main file as a solid line and the compare file as a dotted line.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:08 PM   #2555
Newbusa
Studly Adventurer

Thank you Zuber, I see it now. I thought i would compare them by switching back and forth between the maps . It is very subtle.
Also i was trying to compare 2 maps which seem to be identical, the maps from Rottweiler ,one the 2 into 1 map and another the ADV990R 2011 USA rott-intake_Akra_tuneECU, which seem to be the same.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:55 PM   #2556
Newbusa
Studly Adventurer

Okay loaded a map today and saved the original, now wondering what is the difference between F1 and F2 on TuneECU main page? And when you load a map does it affect all the different categories like ignition and fuel?
Old 02-03-2014, 08:53 PM   #2557
HeatXfer
Bad knees

Oddometer: 595
Originally posted by KTMexcrider
Quote:
Yes, I spent weeks going crazy trying to chase down gremlins on my bike. In the end all it took was a dealer his tool (yeah that sounds wrong LOL) and a new map. After that was fixed I put in a “Power Commander 5”, that was 2 years ago and my bike has been running flawlessly ever since. And because of the Power Commander, I’m getting better gas mileage than the rest of my friends. About 160 miles (give or take a few) to the tank. PM me if you need more info.

160? That's pretty bad = 27mpg. I'm using a slightly tweaked stock map with my Leo Vince SBKs and I'm getting 33 - 38mpg (± 3mpg) around town & 85mph freeway cruising.

It drops to 28mpg off road
HeatXfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:10 PM   #2558
Zuber
Zoob

Oddometer: 1,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbusa View Post
Okay loaded a map today and saved the original, now wondering what is the difference between F1 and F2 on TuneECU main page? And when you load a map does it affect all the different categories like ignition and fuel?
The F1 map is for the left (rear) cylinder. F2 for the right. Most engines now manage each cylinder individually.

When you read a map, it wipes all previous info.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:11 AM   #2559
KTMexcrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Eh? Freeway Cruising?

Have fun riding on the freeway. my 990 doesn't see that much pavement LOL. Thanks for the chuckle, ill be thinking about this "Freeway" comment next time we are blasting thru Hells Hollow. Freeway hahaha

160? That's pretty bad = 27mpg. I'm using a slightly tweaked stock map with my Leo Vince SBKs and I'm getting 190 - 200 per tank around town & 85mph freeway cruising. About 155 - 160 off road (low gear rock gardens)[/QUOTE]
KTMexcrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #2560
RoundOz
Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer: 969
Are we talking 160 to a full tank or 160 before the low fuel indication? An Adventure or an SE? Miles? With my stock tanks I was usually getting 160 at the reserve mark...this worked out to be close to 40 mpg. Always left the right tank down a couple inches for overflow.
I dont like the idea of running the tanks dry as a normal operating mode...
Old 02-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #2561
Dee Cee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
Question Cable

Hi all,

I am looking for a cable to allow me to connect my 2010 990Adv to my laptop, are they still available from the chap at the stat of this thread?

I have wings pipes, Akro mapping from Boltons in Vic, SAS removed, secondary butterflies removed and the bike runs beautifully. I only really want to have the ability to check/adjust throttle body balancing, idle and throttle position sensor as part of my major services.

I may fit a g2 throttle cam and I have been thinking about the rottweiller air filter, not sure yet. As I said I am very happy with the way she runs.
The rotty filter looks much easier to live with.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:15 PM   #2562
HeatXfer
Bad knees

Oddometer: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMexcrider View Post
Have fun riding on the freeway. my 990 doesn't see that much pavement LOL. Thanks for the chuckle, ill be thinking about this "Freeway" comment next time we are blasting thru Hells Hollow. Freeway hahaha

Glad you got a chuckle. Last time I checked the only reasonable way to get to Alaska or Baja from where I live requires some asphalt time. I don't have trails or wilds out my back door and I don't truck my bike to the dirt.
HeatXfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:38 PM   #2563
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Cee View Post
Hi all,

I am looking for a cable to allow me to connect my 2010 990Adv to my laptop, are they still available from the chap at the stat of this thread?

I have wings pipes, Akro mapping from Boltons in Vic, SAS removed, secondary butterflies removed and the bike runs beautifully. I only really want to have the ability to check/adjust throttle body balancing, idle and throttle position sensor as part of my major services.

I may fit a g2 throttle cam and I have been thinking about the rottweiller air filter, not sure yet. As I said I am very happy with the way she runs.
The rotty filter looks much easier to live with.
Yep, PowerCell
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:41 PM   #2564
rider911
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 407
Does anyone know of a procedure to adjust the Idle Speed Control motor?

If you were to buy a new stepper motor or get a second hand one that someone had played with the adjusting nut, then there must be a procedure to set it right.

08 KTM 300 exce (small)
12 KTM 500 exc (medium)
07 KTM 990 Adv (large)
rider911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:11 AM   #2565
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer: 1,111
The steppers is self learning. Does it even have a set screw? I think only a hard stop screw.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D802 met Tapatalk