Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2014, 04:36 AM   #2731
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by renogeorge View Post
Thanks Azoto. I appreciate the information!

I was just reading some reviews on the LM-2. Not being able to log RPM seems to be a common complaint.
I had a LM2 with dual wideband O2 and had a lot of issue's to get the rpm working correct
The LM2 is very sensitive, i needed to isolate all cable but that worked just partly. When i disconnected the wideband sensors the rpm was very stable but with the wideband connected i got and intermitted signal lost or freeze signal. I had no scope to really measure the signals. So after checking and trying several things i assumed i had a ground loop issue. So i put a 10 nF capacitor in the rpm cable. After that my rpm was stable with the widebands connected.

But it took me a couple of months to figure out and i was a bit fed up with the whole situation. That i directly sold it after i confirmed it worked correct and went to a tuner with a dyno
Old 04-26-2014, 05:06 AM   #2732
hutch990r
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacal View Post
It's all on the TunECU site http://www.tuneecu.com/TuneECU_En/tasks.html

Adjusting the throttle cable - KTM only
The idle speed control stepper motor will be completely retracted and the throttle valves completely closed.
Switch the ignition switch off, WITHOUT exiting or disconnecting the software, and adjust the throttle cable clearance.

thanks for the help! got it done last night, worked quite well. I heard the steppers retract, then turned off ignition and adjusted the cables, Tune ecu just connected back normally when i turned the ignition back on, didn't say anything about the procedure performed, which i assume is normal since it runs and idles just fine....

had a little trouble getting tune ecu to connect at frist, but as soon i plugged the battery tender into the wall outlet it connected just fine
hutch990r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:06 AM   #2733
renogeorge
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,235
Does the LM-2 also log Throttle Position along with AFR and RPM.....
Old 04-26-2014, 12:42 PM   #2734
Spark01
V-Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by renogeorge View Post
Does the LM-2 also log Throttle Position along with AFR and RPM.....
Map, Afr, rpm & tps
Old 04-27-2014, 01:56 AM   #2735
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer: 1,111
and both MAP sensors in my case, depends on what wires you connect where you know..

From day 1 I never had an rpm issue. Just had the whole unit malfunction after a few months but they replaced it under warranty.
Just connected it (without negative lead) and it was perfect.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:47 AM   #2736
azoto
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark01 View Post
I had a LM2 with dual wideband O2 and had a lot of issue's to get the rpm working correct
The LM2 is very sensitive, i needed to isolate all cable but that worked just partly. When i disconnected the wideband sensors the rpm was very stable but with the wideband connected i got and intermitted signal lost or freeze signal. I had no scope to really measure the signals. So after checking and trying several things i assumed i had a ground loop issue. So i put a 10 nF capacitor in the rpm cable. After that my rpm was stable with the widebands connected.

But it took me a couple of months to figure out and i was a bit fed up with the whole situation. That i directly sold it after i confirmed it worked correct and went to a tuner with a dyno
Thanks a lot!!!
I'll try this solution first so I don't have to reroute every cable.
At which end did you sold the cap? Closer to the Lm2 or at the other end?
Thanks again
azoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:34 AM   #2737
Spark01
V-Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoto View Post
Thanks a lot!!!
I'll try this solution first so I don't have to reroute every cable.
At which end did you sold the cap? Closer to the Lm2 or at the other end?
Thanks again
Close to the lm2, i had put in a isolated cable that i connected one end at the ecu and the other end i routed to the back of the bike were i connected the i/o cable of the lm2 with the capacitor inbetween
Old 04-28-2014, 10:33 PM   #2738
Colorado_Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,101
I just got my cable, will I need to be connected to the internet while I'm unloading? My apartment garage is a little too far from my house.
Colorado_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:15 AM   #2739
renogeorge
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,235
PC needs to be connected to internet to load TuneECU and required drivers (important)from their site and to download a map if you are there yet. Then, no internet needed to connect PC to ECU, diagnose, load maps,etc. Plug lap top into power supply when connected to bike. Put battery charger on bike to maintain voltage. Pull headlight fuse--avoids a lot of connection problems.

Good luck
Old 04-30-2014, 06:15 PM   #2740
korkin25
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power-Tripp View Post
Very nice ODBII adapter. Well fitted, and designed.

Now, to really add to this:

Look into the Torque app for smart phones - designed by Ian Hawkins. Since you now have an OBDII connector, and you are using the VAG OBDII protocol, you can now use the Torque app and a bluetooth ELM327 adapter for a wireless connection to monitor your sensors and performance, or connect to the ECU.

The best bluetooth ELM327 adapter I have used (at a reasonable price) is the ones made by Vgate, and sold on ebay, or from a few other suppliers on the 'net.

[This works for cars/trucks as well. ;) ]

I hope this helps.
Hm.... I have bought thing from above, but I can't deal with tourqe app.... I have tried a all of protocols, but I cant see my ktm in the app...
Has anoyone success?
korkin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:09 AM   #2741
pdxthmper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 374
Hunting idle ?

I have had an uneven idle with the bike warmed up the last few times I have ridden, at a stop light it would rise to 2K then drop to 1K and back to 1400, not every time but but often. Didn't notice it when actually riding at speed.
Today on my morning commute, the idle became somewhat erratic, and I could feel it when actually riding.
On decel 0% throttle, idle would stay up at 2-3K and drop when finally stopped to ~2K. Slight twist on throttle to start moving again, would drop the RPM to 1k, then pick up quickly.

Does this seem TPS issue? and to adjust them do i need to remove the airbox? Other thoughts?
Old 05-01-2014, 07:10 PM   #2742
RoundOz
Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer: 975
Korkin, Check post. #2648 page 265. This is the only app that I have heard works with KTMs

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2014, 11:59 PM   #2743
bluesurf
en dos ruedas

Oddometer: 995
Quick map question:

I've recently installed the R map on my '10 990 ADV non-R, and am mostly happy with it. There has been a bit of idle variance, but it's either not consistent or I haven't nailed down the causal scenario.

The bike will occasionally idle at ~1900RPM after being run moderately (difficult not to do), but generally sits at ~1400RPM by default. When it does idle at ~1900RPM, then after a minute or so will drop to ~1400RPM. This variance was not present before the R map installation, and I'm not sure if the recent hot weather here has anything to do with it. Also, there is now a bit of a catch in the non-return throttle cable lately as well, and I'm assuming that's from those repeated one-wheeled take offs (the bike is approaching 30K miles). The return cable seems fluid and snappy, so while it is a difference, then am wont to discount it wrt the idle issue.

The bike is essentially stock through the engine, with Wings exhausts with the lower db inserts.

So, possible simultaneous TPS issue, cable, R map variance, weather or ?

Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:00 AM   #2744
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesurf View Post
Quick map question:

I've recently installed the R map on my '10 990 ADV non-R, and am mostly happy with it. There has been a bit of idle variance, but it's either not consistent or I haven't nailed down the causal scenario.

The bike will occasionally idle at ~1900RPM after being run moderately (difficult not to do), but generally sits at ~1400RPM by default. When it does idle at ~1900RPM, then after a minute or so will drop to ~1400RPM. This variance was not present before the R map installation, and I'm not sure if the recent hot weather here has anything to do with it. Also, there is now a bit of a catch in the non-return throttle cable lately as well, and I'm assuming that's from those repeated one-wheeled take offs (the bike is approaching 30K miles). The return cable seems fluid and snappy, so while it is a difference, then am wont to discount it wrt the idle issue.

The bike is essentially stock through the engine, with Wings exhausts with the lower db inserts.

So, possible simultaneous TPS issue, cable, R map variance, weather or ?

Thanks in advance for any input.
Load back the previous map and crosscheck if that idel issue remains. If it does, could be related to TPS... "could be"

Raid de L'Amitié 2011 RR (link)
690R
Gustavo.Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:23 AM   #2745
Loui€
Rides With Reindeer

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxthmper View Post
I have had an uneven idle with the bike warmed up the last few times I have ridden, at a stop light it would rise to 2K then drop to 1K and back to 1400, not every time but but often. Didn't notice it when actually riding at speed.
Today on my morning commute, the idle became somewhat erratic, and I could feel it when actually riding.
On decel 0% throttle, idle would stay up at 2-3K and drop when finally stopped to ~2K. Slight twist on throttle to start moving again, would drop the RPM to 1k, then pick up quickly.

Does this seem TPS issue? and to adjust them do i need to remove the airbox? Other thoughts?
most probably it is TPS.
hook on tuneecu, and adjust it to .60 V warm engine.

if it is less - e.g. less than .56V warm you get that behavior, for sure.

I had .46 warm, and 4500 - 5000 RPM idle, veeery nice in town...

removing air box:
if you have original airbox and torx screw to fix TPS - well well...
read earlier posts about that;
I have hexagon screw and ITG foam filter (I warmly recommend it, it is just fantastic!); so plenty of room to adjust TPS.

btw, basic EU 2008 Akramap (O2 on, SAI off, EPC off) for this setup:
2*Leo Vinces with baffles + ITG foam filter.
Perfect driving experience, power from 2500 RPM, torques 6 gear in 3000 RPM cruisin', MPG 47 best, 44 aver. !!! I'm happy to have this great beast to carry me to horizon!