ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 03:42 AM   #2761
种.
Ajaa kuin mummo
 
种.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Finland
Oddometer: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolbanana View Post
Hey guys

Ive got a 2012 990 R in Australia, I believe its the same ECU and mapping as EU version.
My setup is:
Stock air box,
Akra slip ons
Unifilter Pre Filter
SAS removed
Secondary flies removed
Im using the Akra map, O2 on, EPC on, SAI off, 2nd Throttle off

Would the Power Tripp map be compatible and worth a try or is it only suitable for US models?

Cheers
Only problem could be that powertrip maps are made for "free flow" air filter.
__________________
Pics and vids
种. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:50 AM   #2762
1coolbanana
Beastly Adventurer
 
1coolbanana's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: NW Sydney, Australia
Oddometer: 1,401
So worst case, run a bit rich?
I could easily apply a fuel trim to that map.
Have to be better than the Akra map wouldnt it?
Cheers
__________________
Cowabunga dudes................Wuuuuka Wuka

2012 990 R
2004 950 A..........sadly missed
1coolbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:26 AM   #2763
pdxthmper
Gnarly Adventurer
 
pdxthmper's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Portland OR
Oddometer: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolbanana View Post
So worst case, run a bit rich?
I could easily apply a fuel trim to that map.
Have to be better than the Akra map wouldnt it?
Cheers
"Better" what don't you like about the current akra map? the powertrip fuel tables values are roughly %5 higher than the akra map, when I compare the for the O7 bikes.
__________________
KTM 990 ADV MAKING GROWN MEN ACT LIKE HOOLIGANS
XR 650"L"
pdxthmper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:14 PM   #2764
Decepticon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Decepticon's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Medellin, Colombia
Oddometer: 111
Can磘 believe you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loui View Post
O2 off? why? really, I see no advantage in that?
my experience: with Akramap, O2 off takes 7-8 L /100kms, O2 on 5,4 L /100kms.
Please send me that Akra map you use to get 5.4 L/100 km, I am more interested in mileage than running like a freezing daemon.

BTW, I have, aftermarket aluminum slip ons, K&N air filter and UNI prefilter
__________________
2007 KTM 990 Adventure ABS

A lot of bad things have been said about me, all of them are true
Decepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #2765
1coolbanana
Beastly Adventurer
 
1coolbanana's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: NW Sydney, Australia
Oddometer: 1,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxthmper View Post
"Better" what don't you like about the current akra map? the powertrip fuel tables values are roughly %5 higher than the akra map, when I compare the for the O7 bikes.
The abruptness of the on/off throttle transition is my main issue.
Although you say its 5% richer, that might be the case with the F maps but the FL switching in PT's map is for the most part at zero, so it would run mostly on the F map as opposed to the Akra map that would run way more on the L map as the switching is predominantly from 25-35% throttle.

Fuel usage is not realy a concern, I have Safari tanks, I want smoothness.
With the Akra map I generally get around 6.6-7.0 Litres/100.

So if the Power Tripp map is an improvement in overall smoothness, and is the suitable for the 2012, Id like to give it a go.
__________________
Cowabunga dudes................Wuuuuka Wuka

2012 990 R
2004 950 A..........sadly missed

1coolbanana screwed with this post 05-22-2014 at 05:22 PM
1coolbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:14 PM   #2766
jconly
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jconly's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolbanana View Post
The abruptness of the on/off throttle transition is my main issue.
Although you say its 5% richer, that might be the case with the F maps but the FL switching in PT's map is for the most part at zero, so it would run mostly on the F map as opposed to the Akra map that would run way more on the L map as the switching is predominantly from 25-35% throttle.

Fuel usage is not realy a concern, I have Safari tanks, I want smoothness.
With the Akra map I generally get around 6.6-7.0 Litres/100.

So if the Power Tripp map is an improvement in overall smoothness, and has the suitable checksum for the 2010-12, Id like to give it a go.
When I was running the PowerTripp map, I was still experiencing the jerkiness.
I also found a HUGE flat spot between 3-4k RPM in every gear. Something I had never experienced prior.

I've now loaded up an Adv R Akra Map, and added the Auto Tune module. We'll see what happens, but so far much better already.
jconly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #2767
1coolbanana
Beastly Adventurer
 
1coolbanana's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: NW Sydney, Australia
Oddometer: 1,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconly View Post
When I was running the PowerTripp map, I was still experiencing the jerkiness.
I also found a HUGE flat spot between 3-4k RPM in every gear. Something I had never experienced prior.

I've now loaded up an Adv R Akra Map, and added the Auto Tune module. We'll see what happens, but so far much better already.
Oh, thats a surprise, everything Ive read suggests it is better than the Akra!
Thanks for the reply.
Be very interested in what you find with the Autotune.
__________________
Cowabunga dudes................Wuuuuka Wuka

2012 990 R
2004 950 A..........sadly missed
1coolbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #2768
jconly
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jconly's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolbanana View Post
Oh, thats a surprise, everything Ive read suggests it is better than the Akra!
Thanks for the reply.
Be very interested in what you find with the Autotune.
I know, I was shocked as well. Have heard nothing but good things about Wayne, and almost had him build me a custom map. (Although he is now retired, PowerTripp is no more, and he is only mapping per request.)

It was really poor though. In fact, i've never had such an unpredictable throttle. Even with the "stock" map.

So much so that I removed it, and switched to that '11 R for a base for the AutoTune to build on. So far, that base alone is FAR superior. Although I cannot comment on MPG. I've already applied my initial AutoTune trims before making any MPG calcs.

For the record.
My setup:
07-08 with 08-12 Cams
Rott Filter w/ Red Prefilter
Leo Cans w/ baffle

I am very curious to really learn more about the changes Wayne made though, and why. I've already noticed that he's advanced the ignition in that map (I assume, I'm no expert.) As well as done some other interesting things. Planning on doing some more research soon and giving it a good study.
jconly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:38 PM   #2769
pdxthmper
Gnarly Adventurer
 
pdxthmper's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Portland OR
Oddometer: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconly View Post
When I was running the PowerTripp map, I was still experiencing the jerkiness.
I also found a HUGE flat spot between 3-4k RPM in every gear. Something I had never experienced prior.

I've now loaded up an Adv R Akra Map, and added the Auto Tune module. We'll see what happens, but so far much better already.
I found that changing the FL switch values to :20,20,20,25,0,0,0,0
,really smoothed out my throttle twitch on my O7, I think those values came from tahoeracer. The powertrip map looks like :12,12,12,16,18,10,10,10. Try the higher values and see if that helps your bike.
__________________
KTM 990 ADV MAKING GROWN MEN ACT LIKE HOOLIGANS
XR 650"L"
pdxthmper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:52 PM   #2770
bick51
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2014
Location: South Carolina
Oddometer: 19
TuneECU cables for 1190 Adventure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell View Post
For anyone wishing to try the TuneECU software, but unwilling to build the custom cable, I'll be building several
.
Any chance that some of you at this forum are also playing around with the new 1190 Adventure? My understanding of the wiring for the diagnostics port is that KTM has moved from a 3-wire for the 990 (+12V on pin 1, ground on pin 6, and K-Line on pin 4), to a adding CAN-H and CAN-L on pins 2 and 3 for the 1190Rcr8, to just the CAN-H and CAN-L on the new 1190 Adventure (i.e. pin 4 to the K-Line has been dropped). Hoping to find someone that has successfully hooked up the 1190 Adventure and accessed data from the new CAN ports.
bick51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:16 PM   #2771
pdxthmper
Gnarly Adventurer
 
pdxthmper's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Portland OR
Oddometer: 378
cpr maps?

anyone running the maps available by CPR, I just loaded the -2% lean CPR map for my 07, seems like I can smell fuel when riding, and there seams to be to a real on /Off to the maps. Anyone else running this?
__________________
KTM 990 ADV MAKING GROWN MEN ACT LIKE HOOLIGANS
XR 650"L"
pdxthmper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:39 AM   #2772
BigTony
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Oddometer: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxthmper View Post
anyone running the maps available by CPR, I just loaded the -2% lean CPR map for my 07, seems like I can smell fuel when riding, and there seams to be to a real on /Off to the maps. Anyone else running this?
Those maps didn't work well in my '07 w/ exhaust and foam filter. I believe the values in the maps were developed for '09+ bikes and they're quite different from '07-08 maps. YMMV
BigTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:31 AM   #2773
prince
Adventurer
 
prince's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 87
990 07

hi, sorry in advance if it has been answered already but i have an 07 with FMF slip ons and i was wondering what is the best map/course of action in order for me to get better gas mileage?
thanks
__________________
07 KTM 990 adv
06 Triumph Scrambler
04 1150 GSA (sold)
02 1150 GS ( crashed and stolen)
00 750 Ducati monster ( sold)
prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:24 AM   #2774
pdxthmper
Gnarly Adventurer
 
pdxthmper's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Portland OR
Oddometer: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince View Post
hi, sorry in advance if it has been answered already but i have an 07 with FMF slip ons and i was wondering what is the best map/course of action in order for me to get better gas mileage?
thanks
probably the stock ktm map, with O2 sensors on, or that map with a few 1-2% more fuel. The ktm akra map has on average 5-8% higher fuel values than the stock map. Try and run no E10 fuel, that should improve it as well, if your running it now.

What is your MPG now?
__________________
KTM 990 ADV MAKING GROWN MEN ACT LIKE HOOLIGANS
XR 650"L"
pdxthmper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:31 PM   #2775
prince
Adventurer
 
prince's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 87
i get about 150 miles before the light comes on.
__________________
07 KTM 990 adv
06 Triumph Scrambler
04 1150 GSA (sold)
02 1150 GS ( crashed and stolen)
00 750 Ducati monster ( sold)
prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014