Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2011, 06:02 PM   #511
gixxersteph
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmodem View Post
The Shorai (I have an 18ah in my Ninefiddy) is about a 1/2 volt higher than a lead acid battery before the engine starts. After the engine is running, the VRR keeps the voltage the same no matter whether LFP or Lead acid battery.
Seemed to good to be true. Oh well.
gixxersteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:15 PM   #512
cpmodem
Orange Caveman

Oddometer: 7,103
The Shorai should definitely help a fuel injected engine start better, since voltage drops much less while the starter motor is turning than the lead acid battery. This leaves the engine management system with more power on startup. Just that when the engine is running voltage is the same. If the slow self discharge rate of the Shorai turns out to be as they say, that will make a huge difference to m/c folks who have to leave their bikes out of service in the winter months.

-cp

DISCLAIMER: All observations made in this post are mine and based solely on my own anecdotal experiences, and may contain large doses of facetiousness. YMMV, of course. You are "on your own", and I take no responsibility if someone tries anything in this post and gets into trouble with the law, damages their person or property, or goes blind. Take everything you read or hear "anywhere" butt especially on the Web with a large dose of salt.

cpmodem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #513
Killer Whale KTM
Life is the adventure!

Oddometer: 712
Hi Guys,
It has been a while since I posted and thought I would respond to those who have inquired.
My plan was to take my bike to the dealer and let him try an ECU from a new bike to see if my ECU was the problem. Unfortunately he was sick but took time out for me but could not get his (new) software to run and re-initiate the new ECU so it would work on my bike. He was coughing and I could tell how bad he felt but neither of us wanted to give up.So.........he got out his (old) software and put a new map on my ECU. I was running the Akro map and he changed it to stock.I still don't know why I could not change it with Tuneecu. I kept getting the not compatible with your ecu warning.
Before I had a flat spot from 3000 to 5500 which made it impossible in the woods. Now I have a smaller spot from 2500 m to 3000 which is a lot easier to work around.
I've got to run now but when I hook it back up how do I save the map in my bike? Not the one that I choose from the menu ?
Also how much effect do you guy's think the exhaust system has on these "flat spots" ?? I have some fairly beat up FMF's on now.I'm sure there are some minor leaks around them somewhere. How big a deal is that ?
Since I had a flat spot with either map does that mean it's not the map ? Could that "spot" be where it switches from open to closed loop ? Have any of you guys "tuned " or "mapped" the spot out ? By adding fuel or dealing with the open, closed switch ? Can that even be done ??

Thanks for your time, I'll try to hook back in to Tuneecu as soon as I have time and report back.
Thanks'
Killer Whale KTM
Old 03-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #514
twodollardoug
the calimesa kid

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Whale KTM View Post
Hi Guys,
It has been a while since I posted and thought I would respond to those who have inquired.
My plan was to take my bike to the dealer and let him try an ECU from a new bike to see if my ECU was the problem. Unfortunately he was sick but took time out for me but could not get his (new) software to run and re-initiate the new ECU so it would work on my bike. He was coughing and I could tell how bad he felt but neither of us wanted to give up.So.........he got out his (old) software and put a new map on my ECU. I was running the Akro map and he changed it to stock.I still don't know why I could not change it with Tuneecu. I kept getting the not compatible with your ecu warning.
Before I had a flat spot from 3000 to 5500 which made it impossible in the woods. Now I have a smaller spot from 2500 m to 3000 which is a lot easier to work around.
I've got to run now but when I hook it back up how do I save the map in my bike? Not the one that I choose from the menu ?
Also how much effect do you guy's think the exhaust system has on these "flat spots" ?? I have some fairly beat up FMF's on now.I'm sure there are some minor leaks around them somewhere. How big a deal is that ?
Since I had a flat spot with either map does that mean it's not the map ? Could that "spot" be where it switches from open to closed loop ? Have any of you guys "tuned " or "mapped" the spot out ? By adding fuel or dealing with the open, closed switch ? Can that even be done ??

Thanks for your time, I'll try to hook back in to Tuneecu as soon as I have time and report back.
Thanks'
Killer Whale KTM
killer whale, put the lap top down a ride just ride it buddy.

twodollardoug screwed with this post 03-10-2011 at 09:08 PM
twodollardoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #515
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 297
There is a new version of tuneecu v1.8.7

Map support for the 2011 SM/SMT/SMR
Old 03-11-2011, 01:19 PM   #516
Tom-Hamburg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
3-11-11 TuneECUv1.8.7 now released

* Support 2011 maps for 990 SM/SMT/SMR

* Added a procedure to adjust the throttle cable for KTM's

BR, Tom
Triumph Rocket Roadster
Tom-Hamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #517
Dusty
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,191
Nice!!
Thanks Tom and Alain..

Quote:
KTM only Adjusting the throttle cable :
The idle speed control stepper motor will be completely retracted and the throttle valves completely closed.
Switch the ignition switch off, WITHOUT exiting or disconnecting the software, and adjust the throttle cable
clearance.

Dusty screwed with this post 03-12-2011 at 07:56 AM
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #518
Rideimal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-Hamburg View Post

BR, Tom
Nice! My dealer wants $75 for that five-minute job. Thanks Tom!
Rideimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #519
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer: 2,139
Quote:

BR, Tom
Thank you!!
bikyto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:40 AM   #520
Swedemarine
n00b

Oddometer: 9
GREAT!!!

Thank you Tom and Alain!

Quote:

BR, Tom
Swedemarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:35 PM   #521
shawty950
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
TuneECU on PDA or portable?

So has anyone set up tuneECU on a small pda/windows compatible device to take with them on extended rides so they can plugin and read fault codes if anything goes pear shape??

Recommendations anyone for a low frequency of use and small machine that can be thrown in a tank bag/pannier ?

I dont know much about pda/small windows technology so hoping for some guidance.

Note: Dont want to spend mega bucks as it will only be for reading fault codes if the need arises on a trip.

Shawty
shawty950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #522
Tom-Hamburg
Adventurer

Hi,

TuneECU is not compatible with Windows Mobile or Windows CE.

BR, Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawty950 View Post
So has anyone set up tuneECU on a small pda/windows compatible device to take with them on extended rides so they can plugin and read fault codes if anything goes pear shape??

Recommendations anyone for a low frequency of use and small machine that can be thrown in a tank bag/pannier ?

I dont know much about pda/small windows technology so hoping for some guidance.

Note: Dont want to spend mega bucks as it will only be for reading fault codes if the need arises on a trip.

Shawty
Triumph Rocket Roadster
Old 03-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #523
Tom-Hamburg
Adventurer

TuneECU1.8.8

!!!New Update Released!!!

TuneECU 1.8.8.

Some bugs fixed
Improved reading of ECU in KTM 990/1190

BR, Tom

Triumph Rocket Roadster
Old 03-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #524
Spark01
V-Twin

Quote:
!!!New Update Released!!!

TuneECU 1.8.8.

Some bugs fixed
Improved reading of ECU in KTM 990/1190

BR, Tom
good Job
Old 03-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #525
Spark01
V-Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinns View Post
The last part is right. It is just a way to talk to the ecu. In fact you are asking the ecu to send you the data. It would be pretty easy to write your own datalogger. I thought about doing it, but works busy this time of the year.

I think the data is fast enough for troubleshooting, but not fast enough for tuning. I think Cyborg and Tahoeacr did it the correct way when they tuned there bikes.
That is same as i'm thinking, the obd2 function isn't very fast so if he wants to log to many channels than the data stream will not be smooth.
But that warning is also in the manuals on the inovate site.
What i want to log trough the obd2, is only the map/tps and rpm.
And this (i hope) will not be any problem.
Today a inovate dealer and i did a small test to find out of the LM2 obd2 function works with the KTM.
And...... it doesn't no contact at all.

I going to collect as much info as possible about the KTM and we will sent it directly to inovate.
Hoping that they can do something to make it work(change firmware).
Because i don't want to hard wire all the sensors on my bike.