User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #76
Jim Colombotos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
5 ecu maps

Thanks for the info regarding the five ecu maps ....
To my limited knowledge KTM has two (restrictive and non -restrictive) for standard 09+ 990 Adv.
and two (restrictive and non -restrictive) for 09+ 990 R Adv.
Guess they also have multiple maps for 07-08 bikes too?

Any idea what year and setup ie stock exhaust the five maps you are referring to a for?
2015 350 EXC
Jim Colombotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #77
Sheep Shagger
Show me your fleece

Oddometer: 2,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Colombotos
Thanks for the info regarding the five ecu maps ....
To my limited knowledge KTM has two (restrictive and non -restrictive) for standard 09+ 990 Adv.
and two (restrictive and non -restrictive) for 09+ 990 R Adv.
Guess they also have multiple maps for 07-08 bikes too?

Any idea what year and setup ie stock exhaust the five maps you are referring to a for?
3 different versions for the stock exhaust, and 2 for the Ack exhaust. To my (dealers) knowledge, all those are US maps are 06 to 09. I am not sure how many 09 maps there are.
Sheep Shagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:38 PM   #78
twodollardoug
the calimesa kid

Oddometer: 337
this software is fantastic. i save my oem map then imported my pc3 map, plus a few other tweeks. balanced my tb's and adjusted my tps. it works flawlessly. many many thanks alain and tom. i also reported a problem last night and today they come out with a new release to fix the problem. these guys are pure enthusiast with one goal. helping our community without being profit driven.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:39 AM   #79
seppami
990 Adventure

Oddometer: 66
I've used tuneboy for tuning ktm:s on my dyno and I'm very interested about this tuneEcu. I have not installed it yet but those who have, can you tell:
1. Is there possibility to tune map for secondary butterfly valves?
2. Can O2 sensors be disabled by tuneEcu?

And I was also told, that tuneboy cable works with tuneECU. Anyone tried?
seppami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:25 AM   #80
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by seppami
I've used tuneboy for tuning ktm:s on my dyno and I'm very interested about this tuneEcu. I have not installed it yet but those who have, can you tell:
1. Is there possibility to tune map for secondary butterfly valves?
2. Can O2 sensors be disabled by tuneEcu?

And I was also told, that tuneboy cable works with tuneECU. Anyone tried?
-Second butterfly map?: YES
-O2 sensor disable?: YES
-Tuneboy cable works?: Yes the tuneboy USB cable will work
Old 11-14-2010, 10:45 AM   #81
seppami
990 Adventure

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark01
-Second butterfly map?: YES
-O2 sensor disable?: YES
-Tuneboy cable works?: Yes the tuneboy USB cable will work
Thank you! To downloading I go..
seppami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:30 PM   #82
grinns
Semper Fi

Oddometer: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbubblehead
this software is fantastic. i save my oem map then imported my pc3 map, plus a few other tweeks. balanced my tb's and adjusted my tps. it works flawlessly. many many thanks alain and tom. i also reported a problem last night and today they come out with a new release to fix the problem. these guys are pure enthusiast with one goal. helping our community without being profit driven.
How do you do the tb's and tps? I want to do this, but wasn't quite sure where the reset for the tps was, and I am guessing you just tell it to leave the secondary open then balance?

I thought the stepper motors would balance. It says it does not need adjustment in the ktm manual. Is the stepper motor/motors only for idle?

grinns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:00 PM   #83
PowerCell
Manufacture

Oddometer: 2,221
TuneECU KTM cables are starting to ship. The shipping order is based entirely on who paid first, so keep an eye out for the USPS notification e-mail.

And if anyone else wants a cable, send me a PM here at ADVrider with your shipping address and I'll reply with payment details. Cost is $30 USD plus shipping, and I will ship internationally.

www.powercellperformance.com
PowerCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #84
nevermind
sLOW Rider

Oddometer: 2,860
I just used tuneECU to save the 2010 990R "stock" map my local dealer loaded onto my 990A ECU a couple of weeks ago. I sent it to Tom at tuneECU.com for them to post up.

So far, I'm happy with the tune. There is still some bucking at very small throttle openings, but I'm betting I can work with tuneecu and reduce the effects of this unwanted behavior. IMHO, the fueling on this bike is superb anywhere away from 0-5% throttle. I only wish I had a tire sponsor!!!

I just did a 500 mile jaunt and saw 38-40 mpg on a 155 and 110 mile legs, street only. I'm not trying to set any MPG records, I'm just looking for extra range when I decide to get out in the back country. I was not running the SAI and both O2 sensors online and operational. FWIW, I do not baby the bike and I do not ride slow.
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #85
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,720
This is great! Tuneboy just gave me 'sticker shock' so I never ponied up the bucks....once I get my cable from PowerCell I'll upload the 'stock' map my '07 is running to tuneECU.com. This stock map seems to work fine on my 2into1 setup but I'm sure theres more to be had. I added the Neduro tank so I wasn't the guy always needing fuel my 990 buddies don't like it very much as it added more then 100 miles....
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:34 PM   #86
twodollardoug
the calimesa kid

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinns
How do you do the tb's and tps? I want to do this, but wasn't quite sure where the reset for the tps was, and I am guessing you just tell it to leave the secondary open then balance?

I thought the stepper motors would balance. It says it does not need adjustment in the ktm manual. Is the stepper motor/motors only for idle?
both the tb's and the tps have to be adjusted mechanically. it is not done with the software. what the software does is show you what their values are in real time, while the bike is running. as you turn the screws for adjustment you can see the values change on your pc screen.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:22 PM   #87
BillyD
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 634
A breath of fresh air...

Damn you guys...just when I finally threw in the towel and started converting to carbs, you come up with something like this (TuneECU).

I too found TuneBoy to be extremely bush-league when it comes to having a "finished" product and getting support questions answered in a timely manner, if at all, was next to impossible.

I will download and start poking around.

KTM '08 690 RFR, '08 990Adv S (carbs), '07 640Adv, '03 540EXC, Ducati 851, Moto Guzzi 850 Lemans, Ercole & 2VT and Yamaha RD350.
BillyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:52 PM   #88
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD
Damn you guys...just when I finally threw in the towel and started converting to carbs, you come up with something like this (TuneECU).

I too found TuneBoy to be extremely bush-league when it comes to having a "finished" product and getting support questions answered in a timely manner, if at all, was next to impossible.
Thought I pointed this out to you earlier Bill, oh well, now you know
Hope you can sleuth your problems more with this.

cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:00 AM   #89
nevermind
sLOW Rider

Oddometer: 2,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD

I found the same thing with their support. Emma is great, but Wayne is out there somewhere...

I hope you find something! I may get down to our bike speed shop, but I need the $$$.$$ first.
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:57 AM   #90
BillyD
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg
Thought I pointed this out to you earlier Bill, oh well, now you know
Hope you can sleuth your problems more with this.

In retrospect, I believe you did, but I have not been of sound mind lately as you know. This bike has made me delirious and absent minded; I get strange looks as I go through the check-out line at the grocery store muttering to myself.

@PowerCell:

I'm interested in helping further defray your start-up costs on cables. I don't need a cable since I already have a TuneBoy cable, but how about I send you $75 now for the option of a future delivery of a single cable. PM me your PayPal info.

Also, I have a spare throttle body assembly and ECU that I can lend to the cause. Let me know if you would derive any benefit from having these spares at your disposal.

KTM '08 690 RFR, '08 990Adv S (carbs), '07 640Adv, '03 540EXC, Ducati 851, Moto Guzzi 850 Lemans, Ercole & 2VT and Yamaha RD350.
BillyD is offline   Reply With Quote