Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #1126
bouboule
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Yes this model is good. You can find many models at different prices on ebay!
bouboule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:25 AM   #1127
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouboule View Post
;) I search too a "perfect" base map for 07'-08' !!

A question about that: ok for a different fueling between cylindr 1 and 2 but why ignition are different??

On the 950 ADV, there is different carbs adjust between cylindr but ignition are equal, not?

That's maybe a road...
Maybe it has something to do with engine design (crank design, firing order). See:

http://www.ktm950.info/how/wotf/wotf...ineFiringOrder
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #1128
Tijuana_Taxi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 328
Was wondering if anyone has had a chance to try the maps made by Power-Tripp on their Adventures?
Tijuana_Taxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:58 PM   #1129
MrLebowski
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tijuana_Taxi View Post
Was wondering if anyone has had a chance to try the maps made by Power-Tripp on their Adventures?
Not yet, wife has the laptop, once I get that back this weekend (hopefully) I'll try it out. I will post my results.
MrLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #1130
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalTech View Post
Decided to upload the '11 Adv standard map onto my '09 Adv tonight using the latest TuneEcu.

I went through the parts fiches first mind, comparing the two models and EFI, valves and cams are the same on both models, so hopefully the slight change (increase) in low fuelling (F an L maps) may see some improvement (smoother).

I also noticed that a '11 Adv Akra map has just appeared on the TuneECU site, still looks much heavier on fuelling so I wont try it for know.

I'll report back on how the '11 map performs over the next few days.

Have you reported back, I've been over teh past 3 pages and can't see?????

I am very interested in these new reports that suggest that the standard 2011 mapping is quite good......any updates???
Old 08-17-2011, 08:35 PM   #1131
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakduk View Post

I am very interested in these new reports that suggest that the standard 2011 mapping is quite good......any updates???
I'm pretty happy with the 11 in my 2010. I opened the 2nd throttle to R specs and haven't done anything else. Seeing low 30's mileage-wise, which isn't perfect, but the map is good enough driveability-wise that if it had come on my bike, I would not have changed it.

Need a few more miles of more difficult offroad to make a final decision; haven't had time for that with this map yet.

Steve
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:08 AM   #1132
GlobalTech
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakduk View Post

Bit of a delay in posting back due to servicing and putting on an Oberon slave etc. Anyhow, 220 miles into the stock '11 map and I like it. Very smooth but lacks the kick of the R map (a bit docile TBH).

I did some trails with it and the bike behaved very well. No stumbles or jerking and very controllable at low rpm (<3000) in 1st and 2nd. MPG wise it seems about the same - low 40s (UK gallons). This map seems almost perfect for my needs - commuting, touring and the odd trail.

I've modded the map to have the R 2nd throttle openings but have yet to upload it, not sure I really need it to be honest.

I'm going to stick with it for a while as I have a 10 day - 2 up Pyrenees tour coming up in early Oct, hopefully putting 3000 miles on this map will allow a proper evaluation.

RR - Two weeks Touring Scotland
GlobalTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:54 AM   #1133
Power-Tripp
Speed Savant

Oddometer: 28
Ok, I do NOT have TuneECU maps for the 07-08 990 ADV models. The maps I have available are in TuneBoy/TuneECU format. Even though I build engines, and map engines for a living, I try to share maps as much as possible. I have been overwhelmed by requests for maps that I do not have. Sorry, guys (and gals), but TuneECU has only been available since May of 2010, and only last Fall did it finally become able to work with the KTM models. I do not have a large collection of KTM maps for TuneECU as a result. TuneBoy/TuneEdit is a different story, but these do not use the same file format, and it takes MANY hours of detailed work to even attempt to convert one format to another - time I simply do not have to spare.

Also, most 990 ADV owners, and KTM owners in general, do not have their bikes mapped. Some simply do not know that it can be done or understand the benefits, and this includes 99% of all KTM dealers. This limits the number of custom maps that will be produced for a given model year range.

The 07-08 models have different cam timing, and require different mapping. Considerably different.
I will not have a 2007-2008 ADV back on the dyno for mapping with TuneECU for a month (Late Sept/early Oct.). I have two scheduled at this time.

NO, you cannot use maps from different KTM 990 models, or across different years with different engine modifications. The SMT and SuperDuke engines make considerably more power, and require considerably different fueling and ignition timing.
YES, different exhaust systems make a BIG difference in what the engine wants for best output, response, and fuel consumption.

As soon as I get a couple of these 07-08 ADVs mapped with TuneECU, I will see what I can release to Tom and Alain for the TuneECU map list.

Right now, I am very busy building engines and mapping bikes for the end of the racing seasons - drag, dirt, and road racing. As well as normal street customers.

As soon as I have a couple of maps available for the 07-08 models, I will send them to Alain and Tom to host on their sites. I PROMISE!

I hope this helps.

-Wayne
Old 08-18-2011, 05:16 AM   #1134
Power-Tripp
Speed Savant

Oddometer: 28
TuneECU cables

You have a couple of different options with cables.
1 - You can purchase one ready made.
2 - You can build one yourself.

Buying one can mean that you use a cable that is one piece, and connects directly to the stock diagnostic connector. Or you can use one that is two pieces, and uses an adapter to convert from OBDII to the stock connector. The two piece cables work, but can have a bit more issues with connectivity than a one piece cable. At times this can be frustrating.

If you are going to build one, the cheapest way is to use one of the Chinese FTDI OBDII cables, and simply cut off the OBDII connector and replace with the 6-pin Sumitomo connector. You can get these connectors from many different sources - even Suzuki dealers. A good connection helps if you use a good set of barrel crimpers with the correct die size and style for the pins.
Building a KTM interface cable.

I hope this helps.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:57 AM   #1135
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer: 1,405
Hey Wayne,

Maybe I haven't said it enough, but I know I speak for us all when I say,

Thanks for all your time, effort, and input. You've been a huge help!

If it were up to me, you'd be even busier, because I'd take a couple of weeks off and ride across the country to have you map my bike--but it's just not practical for me to do that.

Please keep up the good work and don't let us run you off!

Thanks!

Steve
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:57 AM   #1136
Unkgd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power-Tripp View Post
SNIP ...I will not have a 2007-2008 ADV back on the dyno for mapping with TuneECU for a month (Late Sept/early Oct.). I have two scheduled at this time.

SNIP
-Wayne

Wayne,
As an owner of an 07 on the west coast - that is great news!
Looking forward to the results.
Bill
Unkgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #1137
wsmc99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 379
AL is soooo far away!
How long does it typically take to do up a map?
wsmc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #1138
Michael c.
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Thank you...

Just a short Thank you to Wayne...

you made my 990 Adventure (09) ROCK. Even your "basic" map is better then the one I made for myself ... and it has a great millage too.
Thank you for sharing your experience and making our bikes so much better.

Thanks!
Michael c.
Michael c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #1139
MrLebowski
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Someone wanna bring Wayne their bike so he can load a tuneboy map and then extract it via TuneECU? This could work no? Or.. anyone here got tuneboy or tuneedit? The e-mail could solve this also.

I feel a bit guilty even suggesting that after all Wayne has done for us already.

Thanks again
MrLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #1140
nevermind
Swamp Thing

Oddometer: 2,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLebowski View Post
Someone wanna bring Wayne their bike so he can load a tuneboy map and then extract it via TuneECU? This could work no? Or.. anyone here got tuneboy or tuneedit? The e-mail could solve this also.

I feel a bit guilty even suggesting that after all Wayne has done for us already.
My bike has already been there! You can upgrade to a 2010 990A and there would be a tune already done! In fact, two tunes are done!
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote