Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #1201
bouboule
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco3738 View Post
Just trying to save you some cash. I know it's a lot of reading but there are several examples of curing the fueling with changing the mapping.

Which year bike do you have?
There may be a different map you can try that will get you what you want. Check Alleycatdad's post to see what he did and the results he got. If you have a 2009-2011 Power-Trip has a nice map out, and the 2011 standard map has gotten good reviews. All three of these are richer than the older maps to different degrees, but not fat like the Akro map.
Thanks, for your opinion but us, 08 owners, don't have base to work and it's very difficult to remove all jerk or cut trottle.

I think that the Power Tripp's job will be perfectly for our 08', even if we must add some adjustment...
bouboule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #1202
Bronco3738
Mike

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouboule View Post
Thanks, for your opinion but us, 08 owners, don't have base to work and it's very difficult to remove all jerk or cut trottle.

I think that the Power Tripp's job will be perfectly for our 08', even if we must add some adjustment...
Good luck, I hope you get it sorted to your liking. Once you have a cable, it cost nothing to experiment. Changing maps is very quick and easy.

Honeymoon Ride Report

Crazy Europeans Tour Utah
Bronco3738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #1203
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:

Copy and paste my friend. Then when done use the compare tool to make sure everything copied over.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:46 AM   #1204
miguez
Miguez Rally Racing

Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr View Post
Copy and paste my friend. Then when done use the compare tool to make sure everything copied over.
Hey tahoeacr, sorry but I'm a n00b at this. I thought the maps were incompatible because of changes to the actual motor between say a 2008 and a 2010 bike, but from what you're saying, I'm getting that the ECU maps are not compatible, but that I could copy over the values from a 2010 map using TuneECU's copy/paste fetaure (thanks Tom and Alain, great addition!), paste it onto my base 2008 map, and get pretty much the same benefits?

My 2012 Vegas 2 Reno adventure (on a 990 Adventure) starts here!
miguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:42 AM   #1205
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer: 1,406
I don't know the specific answer to your question, I''m sure Tahoe will be by shortly.

But I wanted to let you know that if you're gonna try this, you should go straight to the 2011 map and not bother with the 2010. It's much, much better than the 2010, at least on my bike. Better still for me is the Power-tripp akra map, but if I was gonna try this I'd probably go with one of the stock maps the first time just for peace of mind.

You'll need to copy and paste ALL maps, not just the fuel maps, to get a decent result.

Steve
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #1206
far
ADVreader

Oddometer: 136
Question Any News on compatibly for android phones

Any news on compatibly for android phones, this will be great and BIG Thanks for the guys from http://www.tuneecu.com for the great work.

Waiting for Power Tripp 2007 std file.

Alain is possible to change the temp for start the fan, this will be nice to lower the temp by 20 or more degrades.

far screwed with this post 09-14-2011 at 05:20 PM
far is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #1207
mgib
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
For the 07-08 bikes:

I think gefr's post at the top of pg 80 holds some hope. As soon as I get my hands on my cable, I'm going to see waht map I have, find which of the 2 maps we have available to us work best on my bike and try the "never close below 10% secondaries" and see what happens.

On a separate note, does the disable SAS option on tuneecu work without removing the SAS itself? I'm not averse to removing it as I've done it to my 950, just wondering if the ecu mapping saves me the garage time.
F800GS
mgib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:30 AM   #1208
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,742
My setup

Sorry bouboule, I missed your post. My setup is completely stock european bike 990Adv with NonOvalShape Wings, smaller baffles in. When off throttle it is not exactly smooth but doesn't give you heart attack, as before. Really manageable. Maybe I should try minimum secondaries to 14% as suggested here somewhere. Downside is engine bracking is compromised.
Cheers.

gefr screwed with this post 09-15-2011 at 01:01 AM
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:13 AM   #1209
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by gefr View Post
Maybe I should try minimum secondaries to 14% as suggested here somewhere. Downside is engine bracking is compromised.
Cheers.
I dont have an efi bike but I have a question concerning the above statement!
Since the primary butterflies close all the way like in the carbed bikes, why do the secondary ones compromise engine braking? Unless the primary ones do not close all the way, I wouldn't expect the secondaries to have any implication on engine braking. If I am right, maybe the issue of reduced engine braking has to do with some sort of added fuel that goes implicitly together with the movement of the secondaries? Am I talking crap?
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:32 AM   #1210
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by far View Post

Alain is possible to change the temp for start the fan, this will be nice to lower the temp by 20 or more degrades.
No this isn't possible because the fan operates by a thermo switch.
You can change this switch with a lower temp switch .
http://www.advmachines.com/category_s/93.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
I dont have an efi bike but I have a question concerning the above statement!
Since the primary butterflies close all the way like in the carbed bikes, why do the secondary ones compromise engine braking? Unless the primary ones do not close all the way, I wouldn't expect the secondaries to have any implication on engine braking. If I am right, maybe the issue of reduced engine braking has to do with some sort of added fuel that goes implicitly together with the movement of the secondaries? Am I talking crap?
The main purpose of the 2nd valves is to keep the air velocity as high as possible, when moving from a small throttle opening to a big opening.
This means 2 things: you have more power instantly, but it can also be the case that the power rushes in to fast and this feels jerky.
That is why the people increased the opening at small throttle operations(more smooth).

But about the engine braking:
I do think that opening the 2nd more and adding more fuel is less engine braking
Because air can easier enter the engine so the fuel can easier burn = more energy thus less brake.

So if you don't want to decrease the engine brake(to much), then people need or a dyno or datalogger to see what the airfuel ratio is off throttle.
And then take the correct actions.

Spark01 screwed with this post 09-15-2011 at 01:58 AM
Spark01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:39 AM   #1211
far
ADVreader

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark01 View Post
No this isn't possible because the fan operates by a thermo switch.
You can change this switch with a lower temp switch .
http://www.advmachines.com/category_s/93.htm
Thanks for the answer I have look and found this info in this http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=53
far is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:33 AM   #1212
Bronco3738
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgib View Post
For the 07-08 bikes:

I think gefr's post at the top of pg 80 holds some hope. As soon as I get my hands on my cable, I'm going to see waht map I have, find which of the 2 maps we have available to us work best on my bike and try the "never close below 10% secondaries" and see what happens.

On a separate note, does the disable SAS option on tuneecu work without removing the SAS itself? I'm not averse to removing it as I've done it to my 950, just wondering if the ecu mapping saves me the garage time.
It works, but still leaves the system open to leaks and runability issues. Plus it's a lot of crap in the way when working on the bike.

Honeymoon Ride Report

Old 09-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #1213
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark01 View Post
But about the engine braking:
I do think that opening the 2nd more and adding more fuel is less engine braking
Because air can easier enter the engine so the fuel can easier burn = more energy thus less brake.
We are talking about engine braking when throttle is fully closed, right?
In that case why do the secondaries have any effect?
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #1214
bouboule
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
I don't know what the engine break when you cut trottle and put on.. I've search about fueling with more of 14.7 or less of 14,7 so poor or richer than stoichoimetric...no result..

I've try to copy the 10 ADV' transition a little better but really I found it's better when you have so more charge on the bike. Example your friend, you, bagage, bag..!

Maybe it'll better when more ignition... I've actually a little second butterfly open at low trottle, it's better than 10 or 15%. that's my opinion...

So after many reflexion, KTM have try to immitated a depression card with EFI system.

The function are the same but so more reactive!!

I haven't all the necessary like dyno or other knock diag tool to adjust really the map. I've only a wideband...
But I think that it's possible to have a perfect smoother on/off and cut trottle!!

So just one more question: why 2 different ignition tab?! On 950 diagram are the same not?even if carbs have different screw... I don't understand that... It's maybe a way!

Thank friends!!!
bouboule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:24 AM   #1215
Bronco3738
Mike

Quote:
I've try to copy the 10 ADV' transition a little better but really I found it's better when you have so more charge on the bike. Example your friend, you, bagage, bag..!

But I think that it's possible to have a perfect smoother on/off and cut trottle!!

So just one more question: why 2 different ignition tab?! On 950 diagram are the same not?even if carbs have different screw... I don't understand that... It's maybe a way!

Thank friends!!!
Use the 2011 map, it's better than the 2010 map for on/off throttle. Different ignition tabs for front and back cylinders, same as the fuel tabs. You map each cylinder induvidualy.

Honeymoon Ride Report