ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #1276
gixxersteph
Studly Adventurer
 
gixxersteph's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Northern NJ, land of the SUV
Oddometer: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouboule View Post
Hi, thanks for your impression! You have a perfect bike now.... what's your bike's year/model??
He mentions a 2007 Adventure in his post. I would guess that's the that got tuned
gixxersteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #1277
bouboule
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: France - EST - ALSACE
Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxersteph View Post
He mentions a 2007 Adventure in his post. I would guess that's the that got tuned

I think that mount SD or 09' cams is a solution but I would find a solution with stock or little parts on 08' ADV. I can't understand that it'll be possible....
bouboule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:01 PM   #1278
Spark01
V-Twin
 
Spark01's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouboule View Post
I think that mount SD or 09' cams is a solution but I would find a solution with stock or little parts on 08' ADV. I can't understand that it'll be possible....
There are no '09 cams, those are the SD cams.

They are used in the SD since 2007, in the SM's since 2008
And used in de Adv since 2009.
__________________
'10 990SMT
Spark01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #1279
Tom-Hamburg
Adventurer
 
Tom-Hamburg's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Hamburg
Oddometer: 82
Oct-10-2011 new TuneLibrary v1.9.9.2

Update:

Oct-10-2011 new TuneLibrary v1.9.9.2.
* Added support for KM691CR0980236Map (KTM RC8R Track only)

BR, Tom
__________________
TuneECU
-----------------
Triumph Speed Triple 1050
Triumph Rocket Roadster

Tom-Hamburg screwed with this post 10-25-2011 at 05:36 PM
Tom-Hamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #1280
BigTony
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Oddometer: 183
Does anyone know of a tuner in northern cal with Ktm 990 experience, who are also using tuneecu? I'm totally jealous of the folks who have gotten the powertripp treatment. I've played with the different factory maps with tuneecu but am not really happy with them. I want to get my 07 running smooth and don't mind spending a little money, especially if I end up with a tuneecu map I can share, but haven't been able to find an experienced mech locally
BigTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #1281
outbacktaz
outbacktaz
 
outbacktaz's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Cold Lake, Alberta - Kingdom of backroads!!!
Oddometer: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco3738 View Post
Checked the TuneECU list and the Dakar is not listed. It was my understanding the Dakar and the R use the same map. The 2011 maps are listed and they are supposed to be better than the previous. The difference between the R and standard is that last part of the secondary map goes to 100% on the R but only 70% on the standard.
From KTM Web Site:

The Adventure Dakar's water-cooled V-engine produces 84.5 kW (113.3 hp) and therefore around 7 kW (9 hp) more than its Adventure sister model – precisely the shot of power required to live up to the "Dakar" surname. The engine impresses with powerful acceleration, superb performance and spontaneous throttle response.

Same for the R... That's why I was thinking about those maps...
__________________
Marty aka Outbacktaz!!
__________________________________________________
Only the dead have seen the end of War! George Santayana
To sin by silence makes cowards out of men! Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Peace is mostly valued by those who are sworn to protect it! Unknown
outbacktaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:56 PM   #1282
Bronco3738
Mike
 
Bronco3738's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Just South of Phoenix, Arizona
Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacktaz View Post
From KTM Web Site:

The Adventure Dakar's water-cooled V-engine produces 84.5 kW (113.3 hp) and therefore around 7 kW (9 hp) more than its Adventure sister model – precisely the shot of power required to live up to the "Dakar" surname. The engine impresses with powerful acceleration, superb performance and spontaneous throttle response.

Same for the R... That's why I was thinking about those maps...
That 30% extra opening of the butterflies on top is where the difference in power comes from. That's the only difference. Easy to change the standard map into a Dakar/ R map. Load them up in TuneECU and see for yourself. Change the 70% to 100% and your done. BTW the 2011 map I downloaded was already converted to the Dakar/ R second throttle opening already.
__________________
2009 KTM 990

Honeymoon Ride Report

Crazy Europeans Tour Utah
Bronco3738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:06 PM   #1283
BigTony
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Oddometer: 183
Hello all - for those within striking distance, I'm trying to drum up interest in a dyno tune day on Nov 5 in the Portland (Pacific Northwest) area. Nels is the owner and he seems to have a great following in the pacific northwest. He uses TuneECU and has experience with KTMs and specifically 990.

Our Inmate Groundhog posted good results with this tuner (2WheelDynoWorks) on his 990 (post 1261 in this thread).

My interest is only that I want a tune and don't have a local tuner that uses tuneecu (as far as I know), and Nels seems like a good guy from my conversation with him. I don't live anywhere close - like 11 hours away but I'd drive up for fun - this fueling is the last thing really bugging me on the bike.

If interested let me know (there is a poll on the following thread so we can see if there is enough interest from this advrider crowd)
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735436
BigTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:35 PM   #1284
moto-treks
Back Home
 
moto-treks's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Spokane Washington
Oddometer: 1,762
Not sure I'll be able to ride over from Spokane in November But, I see Nels covem over to this side of the state
__________________
Moto Trek'n to New York via the Trans Labrador Hwy, South America

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:18 PM   #1285
outbacktaz
outbacktaz
 
outbacktaz's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Cold Lake, Alberta - Kingdom of backroads!!!
Oddometer: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco3738 View Post
That 30% extra opening of the butterflies on top is where the difference in power comes from. That's the only difference. Easy to change the standard map into a Dakar/ R map. Load them up in TuneECU and see for yourself. Change the 70% to 100% and your done. BTW the 2011 map I downloaded was already converted to the Dakar/ R second throttle opening already.

Humm, I see what you're sayin... Thanks Brother!!
__________________
Marty aka Outbacktaz!!
__________________________________________________
Only the dead have seen the end of War! George Santayana
To sin by silence makes cowards out of men! Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Peace is mostly valued by those who are sworn to protect it! Unknown
outbacktaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:11 PM   #1286
bouboule
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: France - EST - ALSACE
Oddometer: 52
Does someone found somethink about 08' amelioration?

Powertrip, have you news about 07' customers?

Thanks for your sharing!!
bouboule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #1287
GordonFreeman
Gamer
 
GordonFreeman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Oddometer: 1,407
Got cable, got Tunes, got latest R map. Unbelievably, snow in forecast here tomorrow. Good time to play. Wish me luck.
__________________
________________________
You run into ODS in the morning, you ran into ODS. You think you run into ODS all day, YOU'VE got ODS. (Paraphrasing Raylan Givens)
GordonFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #1288
outbacktaz
outbacktaz
 
outbacktaz's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Cold Lake, Alberta - Kingdom of backroads!!!
Oddometer: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonFreeman View Post
Got cable, got Tunes, got latest R map. Unbelievably, snow in forecast here tomorrow. Good time to play. Wish me luck.
Geez, it snowed last weekend here...! Enjoy your kit! You'll love it! Experiment a little and you'll find the right tune for you!!!
__________________
Marty aka Outbacktaz!!
__________________________________________________
Only the dead have seen the end of War! George Santayana
To sin by silence makes cowards out of men! Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Peace is mostly valued by those who are sworn to protect it! Unknown
outbacktaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #1289
ecampo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Central America
Oddometer: 153
help please what map?

I had an 08 adventure euro and it was making 40mpg, with black fmf exhaust, but I never change the map , work everything well ., I sold it , and now I just bought a 07 adventure EURO with fmf Q4 exhaust,, and its working good except the comsumption is doing 31mpg, I know they change the map, dont know wich one, , I guess the 07 has the akra map, because this one I dont get pop´s (explotions like 08) but I can live with the explotion just to get 40mpg, so wich map I can put to get better mileage?
ecampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #1290
gpthis
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: western mass
Oddometer: 186
Thumb East Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGibbons View Post
Does anyone know of a tuner in northern cal with Ktm 990 experience, who are also using tuneecu? I'm totally jealous of the folks who have gotten the powertripp treatment. I've played with the different factory maps with tuneecu but am not really happy with them. I want to get my 07 running smooth and don't mind spending a little money, especially if I end up with a tuneecu map I can share, but haven't been able to find an experienced mech locally
Good Luck if it really happens !! Lemeno the upsndowns after all is said and done.
Cheers,
Peter
gpthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014