Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2011, 05:20 AM   #1291
Perstockholm
Adventure rider

Oddometer: 21
Question Motorstop at critical pasage's

Looking for some advices:
I have the ADV990R -10 with TuneECU I have modified the mapp (Acra+ smoother 2nd trottle opening on the 0-15% trottle area, it realy goes smooth and perfect now suiting me well on the small roads I prefere, except when going in the real bad terain like pasing ditches or real enduro, then I get motorstops all the time (yes I could rev more, but I don't whant that) and I guess this is the nature of a motor with low weight flywheel, but I wonder if someone played with the ignition curve and got improvement on this? I was thinking on lowering the pre-ignition angle a bit. Just thought it could be worth try before fitting a Rekluse auto clutch?

/Per
Perstockholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:28 PM   #1292
GordonFreeman
Gamer

Oddometer: 1,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonFreeman View Post
Got cable, got Tunes, got latest R map. Unbelievably, snow in forecast here tomorrow. Good time to play. Wish me luck.
So I screwed around with Tunes on a recent WIndows 7 Dell XPS and could not get Tunes to see the KTM ECU. I borrowed an older 32 bit Dell running XP from one of my kids. Loaded up and connected the first time. I saved the existing map (a 2010R) and compared it to the new 2011R map. Old 2nd throttle was not at 100%. Loaded the new R map no prob and idled teh bike for 15 min. All seems good. Unfortunately, I've got 6" of snow and slush keeping me from trying it out on the road. Really cool so far.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:29 AM   #1293
MotorOlly
Sand basher

Oddometer: 32
Hello fellow Advers! Quick query, anyone know what the flow rate for the 990s injectors should be? I got back from West Africa and found a load if unmentionables in the fuel line due to the filter collapsing. Sent the injectors off for cleaning but despite good reports both flow at different rates so bike runs like it's on one pot :( about 300cc/min and 400cc/min. Until I get to the bottom of this it will be no more mapping for me :( thanks inmates! Olly
MotorOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:05 PM   #1294
Dotbond
Africa, Africa

Oddometer: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorOlly View Post
Hello fellow Advers! Quick query, anyone know what the flow rate for the 990s injectors should be? I got back from West Africa and found a load if unmentionables in the fuel line due to the filter collapsing. Sent the injectors off for cleaning but despite good reports both flow at different rates so bike runs like it's on one pot :( about 300cc/min and 400cc/min. Until I get to the bottom of this it will be no more mapping for me :( thanks inmates! Olly
No help from me sorry, just want to see yer photos, where are they?

2008 N.Z.Yamaha Safari: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306905
2007 N.Z.Adventures Safari: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201557
Dotbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:39 AM   #1295
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Good question, i didn't find any info not in the latest manual(2011 version) or the internet.
Only thing i found is the partnumber of the injector: 61041023044.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:28 PM   #1296
MotorOlly
Sand basher

Thumb

Thanks Spark01, I had a rake around the Keihin site but all I could find was this:
http://www.keihin-us.com/_media/pdf/...r_techdata.pdf
I think we have have D30NA-HW1 -0112 its the 8 hole type A version. This datasheet would seem to suggest 390cc@42.6psi, I believe our rails are 50psi and I measured just ver 400 on one injector, but just over 300 on the other. Had no reply from Keihin, I just sent the injectors back for recleaning today.
Dotbond, thanks for your interest, full blog and photos here, be kind it was all typed in a desert on an iPhone
http://edinburghtodakar.blogspot.com/
In terms of fuelling for the trip the bike had the 2008 Akro map with all entries wound down 10% between 2000 and 6000rpm, noticible improvement in economy, still nowhere near lean on the lambda and 43-44mpg at cruise. Will get 50 one day
Gordon, sounds odd what you describe as the second throttle would limit the air in the 2010 map but not in the 2011 map, if there are no fuelling differences then one or the other will be lean or rich?
Old 10-31-2011, 07:21 PM   #1297
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,209
Quote:
Thanks Spark01, I had a rake around the Keihin site but all I could find was this:
I think we have have D30NA-HW1 -0112 its the 8 hole type A version. This datasheet would seem to suggest 390cc@42.6psi, I believe our rails are 50psi and I measured just ver 400 on one injector, but just over 300 on the other. Had no reply from Keihin, I just sent the injectors back for recleaning today.
Dotbond, thanks for your interest, full blog and photos here, be kind it was all typed in a desert on an iPhone
In terms of fuelling for the trip the bike had the 2008 Akro map with all entries wound down 10% between 2000 and 6000rpm, noticible improvement in economy, still nowhere near lean on the lambda and 43-44mpg at cruise. Will get 50 one day
Gordon, sounds odd what you describe as the second throttle would limit the air in the 2010 map but not in the 2011 map, if there are no fuelling differences then one or the other will be lean or rich?
I'm watchin. Interested in how the injectors come back. Spec on fuel pressure is 3.5 bar. 50 mpg one day is know problem. My best has been 68. Downhill, tailwind haha. 58 on the way back.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:56 PM   #1298
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr View Post
I'm watchin. Interested in how the injectors come back. Spec on fuel pressure is 3.5 bar. 50 mpg one day is know problem. My best has been 68. Downhill, tailwind haha. 58 on the way back.
tahoeacr is just torturing us with those MPG numbers, I suspect he's been drafting a big semi all the time and never getting above 2500 RPM

cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:20 PM   #1299
Unkgd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 342
Download to Tom's Site?

Quote:
SNIP......In terms of fuelling for the trip the bike had the 2008 Akro map with all entries wound down 10% between 2000 and 6000rpm, noticible improvement in economy, still nowhere near lean on the lambda and 43-44mpg at cruise. Will get 50 one day
MotorOlly - any chance you can download your map onto the TUNEECU site? Otherwise I will be pestering your for more specifics as to which field you changed
Let us know what the injector specs are once they have been cleaned. Will be interesting to see if they changed very much.
Thanks,
Bill
Unkgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #1300
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
tahoeacr is just torturing us with those MPG numbers, I suspect he's been drafting a big semi all the time and never getting above 2500 RPM

2,500 RPM! It's 3,500 RPM buddy and don't you forget it. 2,500 in the corners.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:17 AM   #1301
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,709
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkgd View Post
MotorOlly - any chance you can download your map onto the TUNEECU site?
Very interested on this map! Do you have any other major changes from stock? like prefilter, DNA filter, 2into1 ?
Cheers.
Clutch master cylinder resleeving
Out of office 25 till 4th August
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #1302
GordonFreeman
Gamer

Oddometer: 1,412
Quote:
Completely new to this so could be reading the Tune incorrectly. On the map I loaded and saved from the bike, which was the 2010 R map, on the 2nd throttle chart, upper right hand (green in color) was not set at 100% all the way to the right (last few columns). The 2011 R map had those cells set at 100%. I didn't compare the rest of the map so don't know if there are ather diffs re fueling. Will ride tomorrow and let you know how it runs.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #1303
MotorOlly
Sand basher

Hi Gordon, I did the same with my 08 map originally, there was a little more power but it did pop and feel not quite right at high revs, luckily didn't run it too much. Worth a look elsewhere in the map, see how the fueling above the point at which the secondarys started closing differed.

tahoeacr, are you yanking my proverbial I used to get 52mpg on my Tiger 1050 if I tickled it and I thought that was pretty good, once I make 50 on the ktm I'll swap the front and rear sprockets and see how it improves (UK gallons btw!)

Got a call from Gordon at injectorcleaning.co.uk who was doing the injector cleaning, he said they measure the flow before fitting the new filters, turns out the new filter was too long and restricting the flow, very apologetic and refunded the postage and fitted new filters, good guy. Injectors back tomorrow and in they go

Map no probs, it is best to email the guys who run the TuneEcu site? In the mean time PM me with your email address and I'll send you a copy. Its a 2008 ADV S with foam prefilter and Akros, 12Kmiles with the map, no guarantees of course but it was good for me!
Olly
Old 11-01-2011, 06:08 PM   #1304
miguez
Miguez Rally Racing

Oddometer: 477
Olly, I'm interested in your 2008 map too!

My 2012 Vegas 2 Reno adventure (on a 990 Adventure) starts here!
miguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #1305
Unkgd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 342
Tom-Hamburg contact info

Quote:
SNIP...
Map no probs, it is best to email the guys who run the TuneEcu site? In the mean time PM me with your email address and I'll send you a copy. Its a 2008 ADV S with foam prefilter and Akros, 12Kmiles with the map, no guarantees of course but it was good for me!
Olly
Olly,
Thought I saw Tom-Hamburg's email on this thread - but could not find it. There is a contact link at the bottom of this page - http://www.tomhamburg.net/KTM_Tune_list.html that I believe can be used.
And will be PM my email address shortly.
Thanks,
Bill
Unkgd is offline   Reply With Quote