Oddometer: 286
Line......No

Checkbook.....YES!
TREADMARKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #1877
DiamondLie
Banned

Oddometer: 464
This is the bike I have been waiting for. Anyone have any idea on how we can get Honda to bring it to the US? I'd be a part of any campaign to try to put together a group communication to Honda if anyone else is interested. Ideas?
DiamondLie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #1878
G-Wing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
Question add my vote

I have no insight just want to be certain my names up there on the list; please send me my next motorbike Mr. Honda...
"Excellent, there was a big one coming up ‘Cheap petrol in hell’, that really got me pondering, until I got a little closer and realised the ‘S’ had dropped off the sign advertising the Shell servo in Norseman. Shame really, it was a thought-provoking slogan." - Katie em
G-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #1879
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,735
Are!

You willing to pay $20,000. for that Honda???
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #1880
TREADMARKS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED CAT View Post
Fully loaded.......maybe.

My Tiger was near that fully loaded and the Honda has much longer legs than the tiger, and will seriously spank the 6 cylinder BMWs that started out in front of me.

And the sound of that V4 airbox, two up at 220 kph with room to go is just plain awesome!
TREADMARKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #1881
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,925
That Honda is going for $17500 in AUS right now. I fear it is a flop. Which is a bit unfair.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #1882
J-P
headbanging adventurer

Oddometer: 152
Really unfair, because it`s a superb ride, I can assure you. I`ve done 31K kms in 8 months with it and it`s near flawless. And that dual Clutch is awesome!

`98 DR650SE
`12 VFR1200X DCT
J-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #1883
DiamondLie
Banned

Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED CAT View Post
I would hope it wouldn't be $20K but yeah, i'm willing to pay almost anything for a bike that ticks all the right boxes for me. The older I get the harder they are to find.
DiamondLie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #1884
zuma
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Yep, they've been a failure in Oz, 'til now. A friend of mine recently bought one for $15,990 ride away, traded his 1250 Bandit and couldn't be happier, absolutely loves it.

Apparently Honda Oz cleared their stock at the lower price, the local dealer wanted more, all gone.
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #1885
RocketJohn
Hook em' Horns!

Oddometer: 11,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLie View Post
I would hope it wouldn't be $20K but yeah, i'm willing to pay almost anything for a bike that ticks all the right boxes for me. The older I get the harder they are to find.
A DCT converted from GBP off the UK site would put it at $19k USD. I don't think the USA will ever see it, but I said the same thing about the CB1100, when it was Japan only. People have lost a lot of Honda enthusiasm in the USA over the last decade. Honda needs to spice it up.
RocketJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #1886
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma View Post
Yep, they've been a failure in Oz, 'til now. A friend of mine recently bought one for $15,990 ride away, traded his 1250 Bandit and couldn't be happier, absolutely loves it.

Apparently Honda Oz cleared their stock at the lower price, the local dealer wanted more, all gone.
I think Honda just need to come out with the Gadget-Max-2000 to impress anyone these days.

Needs 180HP, 32 ride modes on an Android powered customizable dash, with built in Go Pro surround video, editing and Cloud connectivity, oh and all controlled by heads up blink activated sensors.

Make sure there is at least 6 recalls in the first year just to top it off.

Do think that will be enough to get the Cafe Latte set excited?

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
Old 07-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #1887
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREADMARKS View Post
Fully loaded.......maybe.

My Tiger was near that fully loaded and the Honda has much longer legs than the tiger, and will seriously spank the 6 cylinder BMWs that started out in front of me.

And the sound of that V4 airbox, two up at 220 kph with room to go is just plain awesome!
If you get a chance to ride the new GS, let us know how the V4 and the new boxer compare. I've ridden the BMW and it has gobs of power, no chance to ride the Xtourer unfortunately....
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #1888
zuma
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
I can't help but suspect that if the Crosstourer had a European badge on the tank it would be looked upon more kindly, sadly though it's only a Honda.
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:26 AM   #1889
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma View Post
I can't help but suspect that if the Crosstourer had a European badge on the tank it would be looked upon more kindly, sadly though it's only a Honda.
Yeah, but no one wants to admit that..

Anyway, whether I ride a Suzuki or a YAMAHA most of the time I get told "Nice BMW"

And guess what you have to put up with if you are on a a Metric cruiser?

I think the major thing though is that, it is accepted that BMW/KTM/Ducati are premium brands so therefore can put expensive goodies on the bike and that will be seen as OK. If a lowly Japanese brand did that there is a bit of a general whinge.

In the eye of the non enthusiast cashed up 40-50 year old it seems that generally a BMW, Ducati or Harley is a safe bet to gain the admiration of friends, whether they be the best or not at the time.

The Europeans did have 30 years since they all almost went bust, to figure out how to justify charging what they charged and now it is paying off. That's where "lifestyle choice" and the accessory catalogs came from.

And before everyone chimes in, I am talking about those that may not be that "into" bikes and have a bit of a rush to the head when they watch easyrider OR Long way and patriotism doesn't work with foreign brands either.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:52 AM   #1890
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,735
Impressions!

Have to admit I must be old school cause what a guy rides doesn't impress me as much as how he can ride it. All the Adventure Bikes out there are great in their own way, all having good and bad points. But when someone blows by me on any terrain ( especially non pavement) on any bike, that impresses me because I'm usually hauling butt and I want to meet that person and learn from them. But I guess for some people, poking along on a shiny new pony that is supposed to be the greatest new thing impresses them!
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote