Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #16
Be Rad The Fish
Movin' Out.

Oddometer: 70
Question Fitting/SRC

Hi Anthony,

I'm interested in this helmet for myself and my pillion. A couple questions:

We'll do our best to measure for the proper size, but if we're wrong - Do you accept returns/exchanges as long as it's not used on the road and I would pay for return shipping?

Second: I've read in a lot of reviews that the SRC's FM radio has a static issue. Has that been resolved either at the factory or with a firmware update?

Thanks for your time.

Be Rad

Past: '81 Kawasaki 440LTD, '00 Suzuki Bandit 1200S, '00 Harley Davidson FLHTCI, '03 Harley Davidson FLHRCI, 2007 KLR 650, 2008 BMW GS ADV, 2011 Ducati Multistrada S Touring.
Be Rad The Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:53 AM   #17
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla
Hey Jim,

How did the RF-1100 feel? If you went with the perfect fitting Profile I would imagine the 1100 would be reasonable, but not ideal.

Just curious...

Anthony
The only Shoei I've ever worn that fit was an X-11. They all hit me hard right in the forehead causing a headache within a few minutes. That said, I'm not sure if I've tried a RF-1000. I'm a med in both X-11 and Profile. I had a med. RSR2. Is it possible I should've just gone up to a large? I remember it being very snug, but in a good way.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:44 AM   #18
bigsnowdog
Sylvan Dweller

Oddometer: 18,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiba
Why should I buy a C3 when I can get an Arai for $200 less?

--chiba
Because the Arai is not a flip-up.

NRA life

"It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on."
Marilyn Monroe

bigsnowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:33 PM   #19
Shane Stump
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
For anyone who's owned a C2 and was less than impressed, the C3 is leaps and bounds better: lighter, quieter, easier chin bar operation, better ventilation, pinlock visor means no fogging up on cool mornings, better buckle latching system... I have a white C3 and if Booch adds a hi viz one, I'll be thinking of getting one for my pillion.

Any thoughts of an ADV inmate special?
I have had a C3 helmet since April 2009 and I got the BT kit for it in June. It is an AMAZING helmet. I am not going to say it is the quietest helmet I have ever had, but it is the BEST helmet I have ever owned!

Best regards,

Shane
Shane Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:54 PM   #20
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
Hi Marty,

The C3 should be a good compromise. It sounds like your head is very much like mine in shape. Also Medium to Medium from Arai to Schuberth translates well.

With regard to the Carbon, we will have the style in the Spring, but are not sure about the world graphics.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by martys
Hi Anthony -

how does the shape and size of the C3 compare to the Arai Corsair RX7? I've been wearing a medium Corsair for a few years and it fits like a glove, but it's pretty noisy on my Multistrada 1200. I've tried the Nolan N103's and they feel too round for me. Is the C3 a good compromise?

Also, will you be getting any of the World graphics or the Carbon version?

thanks

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #21
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hi Be Rad,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you have any questions about measuring helmet size correctly, check out the video at the bottom.

Sit on your couch as long as you like in it, but don't take it on the road - if it hits the road we can't take it back!

With regard to exchanging, you send it back to us and we'll ship the size exchange to you for free! We offer free shipping on the first order as well.

If you want to do a flat out return for cash to your card, we do 90% to your card and 10% back in store credit. We used to have a 10% restock fee to help with free shipping and processing fees, but we did away with it in 2010 and now give you it all back. The 10% credit never expires. We try to be very fair.

We do offer $30 in TeamZilla Cash back on a C3 toward your next order.

In our opinion NO ONE has perfected the FM radio feature. I don't love it on anything in the market right now. That being said, when I spend more time in the SRC System it may end up better, and I will update here, but for the time being, the FM radio is not the reason to buy ANY comm unit on the market SRC or beyond. Bluetooth and Bike-To-Bike is great though.

The upside to the SRC is that it fits perfectly with the helmet and integrates the C3 neck roll which is the key feature in providing the quiet levels. It is also made by Cardo and compatible with the Cardo Q2 and Cardo G4. If mounted externally like a Q2 or G4 you would now have a noisemaking component throwing off the whole value of the helmet.

The downside of the SRC is that the 300 meter range is not as great as the Q2 or G4 due to a lack of external antenna. Its a tradeoff like anything else.

Let me know what other questions I could answer for you. Happy to do so.

Best,

Anthony

For sizing information check our our short video below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Rad The Fish
Hi Anthony,

I'm interested in this helmet for myself and my pillion. A couple questions:

We'll do our best to measure for the proper size, but if we're wrong - Do you accept returns/exchanges as long as it's not used on the road and I would pay for return shipping?

Second: I've read in a lot of reviews that the SRC's FM radio has a static issue. Has that been resolved either at the factory or with a firmware update?

Thanks for your time.

Be Rad

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 11-04-2010 at 01:46 PM
Old 11-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #22
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hi Jim,

Going up a size is not the move, it just sets you up for a bad experience over time as it breaks in. The only way to know for sure would be to order your correct size or come by and see if it works. ( that is not me trying to get you to pull the trigger over the internets)

Update on the Long Oval: After some more monkeying today, the Arai profiel guy on TeamZilla (Chris) ended up taking the winter chin curtain (yes there are two) out and it seemed to work for him in a medium. I think that he was reaching a bit on it, but we shall see after a few weeks of riding if it truly is the best fit or if hes just too damn narrow and even he cant "will" it to fit.

I will keep you posted.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams
The only Shoei I've ever worn that fit was an X-11. They all hit me hard right in the forehead causing a headache within a few minutes. That said, I'm not sure if I've tried a RF-1000. I'm a med in both X-11 and Profile. I had a med. RSR2. Is it possible I should've just gone up to a large? I remember it being very snug, but in a good way.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 11-05-2010, 09:33 AM   #23
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Schuberth C3 Helmet - DOT - Overview and Opinion

Hey Guys,

We just finished the production on the Schuberth C3 Helmet Video Review. We did it in two parts. We shot it in one continuous take but in the end had to roll it into two videos to make it more digestible.

Both of these Videos are shot in HD and can be watched in full screen if you connection is fast enough. Youtube unfortunately shows a crappy thumbnail on this page.

Schuberth C3 Helmet Review Part 1 Covers Helmet Basics, Features and Fit

Schuberth C3 Helmet Review Part 2 Covers Shield Change, Liner Removal and SRC Bluetooth System at a High Level.

Glad I could get this up quickly for everyone.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 11-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #24
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Quote:
Hey Guys,

We just finished the production on the Schuberth C3 Helmet Video Review. We did it in two parts. We shot it in one continuous take but in the end had to roll it into two videos to make it more digestible.

Both of these Videos are shot in HD and can be watched in full screen if you connection is fast enough. Youtube unfortunately shows a crappy thumbnail on this page.

Schuberth C3 Helmet Review Part 1 Covers Helmet Basics, Features and Fit

Schuberth C3 Helmet Review Part 2 Covers Shield Change, Liner Removal and SRC Bluetooth System at a High Level.

Glad I could get this up quickly for everyone.

Anthony
Do you have a stack of that same T-shirt or do you do laundry every night
1971 Lambretta DL
Old 11-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #25
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

No bullsh*t, I have about 25 of them. All navy except for about 3 charcoals from our first batch - I have charcoal on today, ironically.

The jeans are what you should be worrying about, Jim.

My wife wouldn't go for the "laundry every night" thing, although it would be sweet.

-A

Quote:
Do you have a stack of that same T-shirt or do you do laundry every night

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 11-05-2010, 04:17 PM   #26
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Quote:

No bullsh*t, I have about 25 of them. All navy except for about 3 charcoals from our first batch - I have charcoal on today, ironically.

The jeans are what you should be worrying about, Jim.

My wife wouldn't go for the "laundry every night" thing, although it would be sweet.

-A
I'm happy to get you some new T-shirts if you proudly wear them in your videos. Might include some goodies too
sevenstarsbakery.com
1971 Lambretta DL
Old 11-06-2010, 09:45 AM   #27
rjdills
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 381
I have a C2 I sourced from Germany a few years back. If I remember correctly, it recommended to purchase one size larger than I use in other brands . Large verses medium. Any such advice floating around n theC3?
1977 Triumph Bonnevile 750 (Bonnie)
1977 Yamaha 500TT (Tata)
2001 Beta ALP 200 (Betty)
2004 BMW 1150 GS (Sally)
2007 KTM 450 EXC (Rikki)
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 (Karen)
2008 Beta 250 LongRide Trial (Bella)
2008 Polaris Razr (Rachel)
2009 BMW 1200 GS (Bailey)
2009 Honda CRF 230 R (Heather)
rjdills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:54 AM   #28
Nesbocaj
Politicians suck

Oddometer: 808
...also a sizing question: I wear a Large in the RF-1000 and a Medium in the Multi (Shoei's) any guidance in sizing? (22" measurement)

thanks Anthony!

Nesbocaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #29
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,246
Hey Anthony,

Thanks for doing those videos, I found them very informative, especially the second one. You mention you have a video about the SRC communicator, would you post that one too?

Thanks
Old 11-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #30
AllanC
Exception to the Rule

Oddometer: 2,085
Quote:
Bummer. When I retired my X-11 last year I bought a Profile. Fit is perfect, but I can't say I get the Arai thing. Not impressed at all. I was thinking I'd consider a C3. Looks like that's a no go!
Me, too. My Profile fits perfectly and I really like it, but I wanted the convenience of a flip-face helmet. C'est la vie.