Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #61
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
In my experience, my C3 feels looser than the C2 of the same size, maybe because the C2 kind of squeezes my cheeks a bit and the C3 does not.
Sweet cheeks
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:24 PM   #62
Autobahn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
I was able to stop in at the San Mateo Motorcycle show during my travels this past week and I tried on the C3.

I own both a C2 and S1 in size XL. The fit is consistent between the two and both fit me well. With the C3, the XL was too big. I felt like I was swimming in it compared to my current helmets. The C3 L fit OK, a bit snug, but I suppose it would loosen up. I liked the helmet overall and will consider it when I need a replacement.
Autobahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:23 AM   #63
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 762
Hey Auto,

That is good feedback. It seems to be the consensus that Schuberth changed the fit with the updated C3.

I appreciate you posting your experience with it.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn
I was able to stop in at the San Mateo Motorcycle show during my travels this past week and I tried on the C3.

I own both a C2 and S1 in size XL. The fit is consistent between the two and both fit me well. With the C3, the XL was too big. I felt like I was swimming in it compared to my current helmets. The C3 L fit OK, a bit snug, but I suppose it would loosen up. I liked the helmet overall and will consider it when I need a replacement.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:22 AM   #64
Meltdown
Abort, Retry, Fail?

Oddometer: 1,738
Loved the videos.

Now I just have to save up a few more pennies to replace my aging Scorpion EXO-1000. I wear a large with the Scorpion but I'm thinking that a medium for the Schuberth will be the ticket. I'll go and re-measure my head before placing the order.

Join us! The Central Florida Tag-o-Rama
Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:29 PM   #65
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Meltdown,

The SRC video is coming soon.

Also be sure to MEASURE :-)

The fit is snug and intermediate round oval. Also they fit on the small size compared to Arai and Shoei. M Schuberth is 56/57 cm vs Arai M being 57/58 cm.

Feel free to post up any questions here.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdown
Loved the videos.

Now I just have to save up a few more pennies to replace my aging Scorpion EXO-1000. I wear a large with the Scorpion but I'm thinking that a medium for the Schuberth will be the ticket. I'll go and re-measure my head before placing the order.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 11-27-2010, 02:09 PM   #66
Redbull Addict
I need another one...

Oddometer: 1,262
Thanks for the links to the videos. I'm looking forward to the communication collar video review before I make my final decision.
Redbull Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:42 PM   #67
birdie_xx
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 782
Just a note about the fitment of "show" helmets...

Unless it was a brand new , out of the box helmet, the fit may be already not true to it's size.
Even though it's early and the show circuit "just" started, the display helmets are broken in by many people trying them on, with different head shapes...the same display helmets were already in the previous cities on the Show route .
They just can give you an idea what the helmet will fit like after it's broken in...

I wear a Large C2 and when I tried the C3 in a store in Germany, the L was the same good fit for me. I really liked the helmet BTW....

Cheers,
birdie_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:04 AM   #68
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

C3 Fitment

So I have to throw this out there- I am getting a handful of feedback on Sizing of the New C3.

I am a universal medium in just about everything that has the correct head shape for me.

My C3 is a medium and I would consider it very sung but it is the correct size. Also we have been over the MD centimeter range being one CM smaller than a medium in an Arai or Shoei.

That said, I would reasonably call the C3 true to size. I am, however, seeing messages trickle in here and there that folks have found the C3 fit to be on the big size which is very surprising to me.

Has anyone lurking or following this thread found the C3 to be big. (And not the ones from the show circuit that have potentially been overly broken in as noted above)

Interested in any an all opinions.

Best,

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 12-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #69
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Schuberth C3 Rain Test

Today in Philadelphia it is 48 degrees and pouring rain.

Why not take the C3 out and test it out. The key things I was thiking about during my rain ride were:

Effective fog-blocking on the Shield / Pinlock System - Very effective, riding today would have been a mess without the pinlock system. Even some of the best fog-free coated shields would have been put to the test today. In my experience there are many shields form many brands and you don't get a good feel on how they perform until the temperature comes down and the humidity goes way up.

Leakage around the Shield Gasket / Seals - I was highway riding as well as doing headchecks at about 75mph. More than once I felt slight cold air come in, but it was nothing drastic nor did I get hit in the face with any rain.

Leakage through Vents at Speed - The top vent on this guy in monsterous and flows a good amount of air and vents directly to the top of the head, so it was no surprise that I felt a little *tick* of water come in here and there with it open. Once I closed the top vent I had no issues.

Wicking of water from the neck to the liner - I rode for about 30 minutes and I would consider this helmet's ability to block the elements from underneath and around the neck as above average. I am less than concerned with this though as going for a longer trek in similar conditions or colder conditions would have me throwing a balaclava on to bridge the gap between collar and neck roll.

I had very high expectations for the C3 in the rain. Schuberth had done so many other things correctly with this helmet, that it only stood to lose points in my book for an average showing in full precipitation. It is, remember, one of the more expensive investments as far as helmets go.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 12-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #70
Tn. Walrus
Knuckle Dragger

Oddometer: 303
So when are they going to start bringing in more colors and graphics?

Salus Populi Est Suprema Lex.

IBA# 49285
Tn. Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #71
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,913
Hi Anthony,

Any KTM orange compatible colors, other than matt black? :)
Also how is the fit compared to Shoei Hornet DS?
Thanks.

E.S.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #72
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

The Walrus lives....

We are at the mercy of Schuberth for the time being. This Spring should see more options available as they are brought to the states.

More is better. More will come. Carbon Fiber and Hi-Viz Yellow will hopefully be the next to arrive within a few months.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn. Walrus View Post
So when are they going to start bringing in more colors and graphics?

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 12-01-2010, 05:51 PM   #73
Loki1200
Turd Ferguson

Oddometer: 284
Received my silver C3 today!

Boochzilla...ordered a C3 from your shop yesterday afternoon and it was on my doorstep this afternoon. That was surprisingly fast delivery. It's my first Schuberth and flip-up style helmet. I currently wear a medium Shoei X-11 and bought a large C3. I am a 7-1/4 (58mm) size which is medium in Shoei but Large in the C3. The C3 feels good, but if it breaks in more than expected it may be a little loose. Would I be able to buy different inserts to correct this if it happens? I'm probably just paranoid because it's a new helmet with a slightly different fit.
Loki1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:02 PM   #74
Sir Dave
Big Dave

Oddometer: 68
Src

Does the SRC play in stereo? I can't find any reference as to wether it plays in mono or stereo.
Also, used a chatterbox in the past and it has two bluetooth channels. One for phone, one for GPS. I looks like the SRC will function in the same way.
When speaking with another bike which channel is shut down the phone or the GPS?
Thanks for your time.
dave
Old 12-02-2010, 08:59 AM   #75
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,395
I would only consider buying that crazy expensive helmet if it came in Hi-viz yellow.
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote