ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #46
heffa OP
Canyon Hillbilly
 
heffa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: PA.
Oddometer: 1,012
Laugh Great ride today!




Nice place for a tag, thanks spinningmywheels.
__________________
~ ~


Well, Strip my gears and call me Shiftless...

She said, " Your a Flippin' Moron!"
heffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #47
DingDangKid
The milk man.
 
DingDangKid's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: North Central, PA
Oddometer: 2,125
I was wondering if any inmates here have experience wiring up an external power source. I'm tired of having my phone being while doing tags and would like to run power into my top box. I'll provide any tools necessary and beer for anyone who wants to give me a hand.
__________________
2006 TW200 85mpg
1981 Honda CM400T
DingDangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #48
heffa OP
Canyon Hillbilly
 
heffa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: PA.
Oddometer: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerCompton
I was wondering if any inmates here have experience wiring up an external power source. I'm tired of having my phone being while doing tags and would like to run power into my top box. I'll provide any tools necessary and beer for anyone who wants to give me a hand.

Yeah. Chuck or I can help you with that.
__________________
~ ~


Well, Strip my gears and call me Shiftless...

She said, " Your a Flippin' Moron!"
heffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:58 AM   #49
beantop
Remember, Safty Forced
 
beantop's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Enola, PA N40*16.790-W76*56.079
Oddometer: 3,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerCompton
I was wondering if any inmates here have experience wiring up an external power source. I'm tired of having my phone being while doing tags and would like to run power into my top box. I'll provide any tools necessary and beer for anyone who wants to give me a hand.

what are you doin this week-end. just goto wally world and get a cig lighter extension cord. cut the boy end off and drill a small hole in the ammo box. run the wire through yor top box (with the girl end inside) and connecet to the battry. you can even pick up an inline fuse to put on the pos(+) battry terminal for some exter protection. we can even incorperate a quick disconnect in case you want to remove the top box without messing with the battry connections... prolly get the job done for less than 20 bux, but you'll need a 12V charger fer yer fone.



don't get this one (19.95) they have cheaper and shorter ones.
__________________
Dan B.
Thanx for your Tyme, Have a Great Day
'00 KTM 640 LC4(yugo) '05 BMW R1200GS(cadillac)
Hi Connie
Peaceful Valley MY ASS (Eddie Bolted)

beantop screwed with this post 11-12-2010 at 10:12 AM
beantop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:08 AM   #50
DingDangKid
The milk man.
 
DingDangKid's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: North Central, PA
Oddometer: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantop
what are you doin this week-end. just goto wally world and get a cig lighter extension cord. cut the boy end off and drill a small hole in the ammo box. run the wire through yor top box (with the girl end inside) and connecet to the battry. you can even pick up an inline fuse to put on the pos(+) battry terminal for some exter protection. we can even incorperate a quick disconnect in case you want to remove the top box without messing with the battry connections... prolly get the job done for less than 20 bux, but you'll need a 12V charger fer yer fone.



don't get this one (19.95) they have cheaper and shorter ones.
This is what I have in mind, I didn't realize it would be this simple though. I work tonight til 9PM then 9-6 on saturday and sunday. I have some time to kill right now and I'm going to take a ride out to advance to pick some stuff up. I plan on getting their version of the above extension and a 15a inline fuse. Will this have a constant draw on the battery even when not in use? I have a toggle switch I can install later if need be.


I'll let you know once i screw it up
__________________
2006 TW200 85mpg
1981 Honda CM400T

DingDangKid screwed with this post 11-12-2010 at 11:31 AM
DingDangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #51
heffa OP
Canyon Hillbilly
 
heffa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: PA.
Oddometer: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerCompton
Will this have a constant draw on the battery even when not in use? I have a toggle switch I can install later if need be.


I'll let you know once i screw it up
As long as there is no lights on the outlet or anything plugged into it, it won't affect your battery.
__________________
~ ~


Well, Strip my gears and call me Shiftless...

She said, " Your a Flippin' Moron!"
heffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #52
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer
 
BuffWv's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Hills of central wv(Gassaway Wv)
Oddometer: 2,222
Is there any good places to go near or close to Harrisburg Comunity College area
__________________
What seemed fast on a KLR is slow on a Versys
BuffWv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #53
greasyboy
cur·mudg·eon
 
greasyboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: north central, PA
Oddometer: 1,770
Don't know much about that area, sorry
greasyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #54
greasyboy
cur·mudg·eon
 
greasyboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: north central, PA
Oddometer: 1,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerCompton
I was wondering if any inmates here have experience wiring up an external power source. I'm tired of having my phone being while doing tags and would like to run power into my top box. I'll provide any tools necessary and beer for anyone who wants to give me a hand.

We should make a party out of it
15 guys drinkin beer, tellin lies, and rippin a bike apart.....
What could be better
greasyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #55
beantop
Remember, Safty Forced
 
beantop's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Enola, PA N40*16.790-W76*56.079
Oddometer: 3,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerCompton
This is what I have in mind, I didn't realize it would be this simple though. I work tonight til 9PM then 9-6 on saturday and sunday. I have some time to kill right now and I'm going to take a ride out to advance to pick some stuff up. I plan on getting their version of the above extension and a 15a inline fuse. Will this have a constant draw on the battery even when not in use? I have a toggle switch I can install later if need be.


I'll let you know once i screw it up

just be sure you get the polarity correct. the center of the female plug should be positive(+). you can get a two wire trailer plug to use as a disconnect.
__________________
Dan B.
Thanx for your Tyme, Have a Great Day
'00 KTM 640 LC4(yugo) '05 BMW R1200GS(cadillac)
Hi Connie
Peaceful Valley MY ASS (Eddie Bolted)
beantop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:04 PM   #56
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer
 
BuffWv's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Hills of central wv(Gassaway Wv)
Oddometer: 2,222
I will be in the area Sunday evening and Monday. If ya see a Blue KLR with stickers just give me a wave
__________________
What seemed fast on a KLR is slow on a Versys
BuffWv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #57
DingDangKid
The milk man.
 
DingDangKid's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: North Central, PA
Oddometer: 2,125


This is what I got with an inline 15a fuse and a bundle of 14g wire. Be back in a bit with the results
__________________
2006 TW200 85mpg
1981 Honda CM400T
DingDangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #58
DingDangKid
The milk man.
 
DingDangKid's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: North Central, PA
Oddometer: 2,125
Bluhduh No luck..

I got it all wired up and no juice.. I'm tired so i'll check the splices and ground in the morning.
__________________
2006 TW200 85mpg
1981 Honda CM400T
DingDangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:27 AM   #59
DingDangKid
The milk man.
 
DingDangKid's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: North Central, PA
Oddometer: 2,125
Ok well everything is up and running now I just needed to chose a better ground. My cell phone charger won't light up though. I have a 12v-USB charger and that lights up and chargers the phone just fine though. Any ideas?
__________________
2006 TW200 85mpg
1981 Honda CM400T
DingDangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:26 PM   #60
beantop
Remember, Safty Forced
 
beantop's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Enola, PA N40*16.790-W76*56.079
Oddometer: 3,539
ok I met up with eddie bolted and his buddy kevin & wife sandy, then spencercompton showed up. we headed to the burning barrel in ansonia and met up with greassyboy (chuck) and his wife amy. then we headed to drop off chunky. rode for a wile longer then greasy and wife split off for home. the the rest of the clan headed for kevins cabin in English center.we stayed there for a wile and eddie bolted, spencercompton and I headed for home just before dark. then spener peeled off for home (i hope, eigther that or he's in the ditch somewhere). then me and eddie headed for my campfor hot dogs over the fire.
__________________
Dan B.
Thanx for your Tyme, Have a Great Day
'00 KTM 640 LC4(yugo) '05 BMW R1200GS(cadillac)
Hi Connie
Peaceful Valley MY ASS (Eddie Bolted)
beantop is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014