User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #1
avramd OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
2013 KTM 690 flywheel change/questions?

Has anyone out there changed the flywheel on a 2013 KTM 690? Mine's a Duke in particular, I'm not sure if the same-year SMC/Adventure has the same exact engine or not.

I'm curious how big of an operation it was, or if you had someone do it, how expensive the labor was and what you used for an alternate flywheel.

Does anyone have a left-over flywheel they'd be willing to part with? Or can anyone tell me the part number of the flywheel on this bike?

Personally what I want is to try a heavier flywheel, to get the engine to behave better at low RPMs. As far as I can tell, nobody makes a heavier one for this bike. Any conflicting info about that would be greatly appreciated. So, I'm struggling to find a solution. Steahly says that to build a custom heavy one, they'd need the interior dimensions of where it goes to see where they can add material. I have no easy way to get that info - does anyone here?

How specialized is this skill? Can any performance shop do this (well), or is it a 1 in 1000 kind of thing?

Any help/info/insight would be greatly appreciated.

avramd screwed with this post 07-10-2014 at 05:25 PM
avramd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:30 AM   #2
Motomochila
Mechanically Inept

Oddometer: 702
Call these guys.

Www.steahlyoffroad.com. Flywheel weight is the ticket if it's available. Although the simpler method would be to adjust the dip switches under the seat.