R100GS front fame/wheels/tank/forks?
Kick-starter gearbox
R80G/S subframe
Paralever
Rebuilt engine with all the Siebenrock goodies
R100GS soloseat/rack
Aftermarket full system
Relocated oil-cooler

What rear fender is that? Why did they omit the side panels?

There's this curve part of the frame neat the batt that does not look like it's from a R100GS.

An eye-catcher.

Cheers
bikecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:37 AM   #17
Jasper ST4

Oddometer: n/a
For that kind of coin I'd build my own. I agree it looks wrong without side covers. I'd pass on a kick start. I don't care for the stretched gaiters and where's the side stand? I gotta have saddlebags so would need a different exhaust.

I like most everything else though, especially the paint.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:23 AM   #18
Rob Farmer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,375
Thats the 1070cc Enduro spec one. I'd like to see the other two they're offering.
Rob Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:41 AM   #19
nowhereman
I'm lost -don't follow me

Oddometer: 386
Maybe they omitted the side covers because you can't fit the exhaust side cover with the Siebenrock exhaust? I suppose you could use side covers from a Mystic instead though.

I like the bike generally, though the price is just soo damn steep. I mean, I could throw that much (15k, minus the cost of my bike) at mine and have it done up 100% by HPN in style, complete with an R1150GS rear end, USD forks, motor work, etc.

For my money, I'd rather pilot an HPN rallyesport - course, waiting 2 or 3 years for delivery might be a problem.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #20
Beemerguru
Beemerguru...G/S guy

Oddometer: 964
Go down to the G/S builds. Been doing this for years. Sold these bikes all over the country.

http://gregsgssite.shutterfly.com/

The top model with all the upgrades goes for around $15,000..includes the suspension upgrades, dual plugged engine upgrades, 800 watt alternator upgrades, brake upgrades, new wire harnesses, custom paint, etc.

Just finished a motard special with special 17" wheels front and rear.

Just starting a retro G/S like the prototype with a dual shock rear.
Beemerguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #21
Chad M
Custom User Title

Oddometer: 767
I think that rear fender is one of these UFO universal fender. I put one on an old Honda and remember the light isn't DOT approved.

http://www.ufoplast.com/en/product-d...-parts/PP01204
Chad M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:35 AM   #22
drhach
gorillamanufacturing.com

Oddometer: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraut.burner
So it's basically a rebuilt 80's dual sport airhead....for $20,000

Probably without much of a warranty either. You gotta really want one of those.
drhach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #23
supershaft
because I can

Oddometer: 8,782
Does anyone have any miles on Seibenrock's 1070 kits? I am curious as to how they do. It looks like they have their own fiber head gasket with a fire ring like the stock head gaskets? Although there is still BARELY any room for a fire ring between the cylinder wall and the cylinder stud holes or the push rod tube holes, for that matter, it has got to be an improvement over copper head gaskets I have been around that are used on some big bore kits. They often leak oil like mofo's! The big bore kits I have been around did make more power for a while until the super thin cylinder walls distorted badly and the piston rings could no longer seat. That pretty much turned them into an oil pump and reduced power back to lower than it could have been with a 94mm bore. The big bore kits I have been around had iron or steel liners. I would think that would be MORE stable than nikisil over aluminum as far as cylinder distortion is concerned but I don't know from experience.
supershaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:34 AM   #24
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra

Oddometer: 47,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by squish
20,000 US dollars for a new airhead.
Whoa. that's crazy talk right there.
Yabbut ...

Looks better than anything the roundel puts out now.
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #25
fishkens
Further...

Oddometer: 5,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikecat
I see:

R100GS front fame/wheels/tank/forks?
Kick-starter gearbox
R80G/S subframe
Paralever
Rebuilt engine with all the Siebenrock goodies
R100GS soloseat/rack
Aftermarket full system
Relocated oil-cooler

What rear fender is that? Why did they omit the side panels?

There's this curve part of the frame neat the batt that does not look like it's from a R100GS.

An eye-catcher.

Cheers
Yes, very nicely done.

The sub-frame looks like a shortened R80/100 GS subframe to me.

I'm guessing that they removed the sidecovers because they're plastic bits o' crap that add no function to the bike. Kinda like the number plate that they left on (IMHO).

Interesting that they removed the tool tray and tool kit too. As for the curved part of the frame, do you mean the handle for lifting it onto the centerstand?

I also like that they ditched the crash bars and silly stock sidestand.

The photo posted by the OP shows the Siebenrock bike with what appeared to be a proper sidestand so they may have added that later.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #26
squish
Out of the office.

Oddometer: 6,089
Ok so at the most current exchange rate it's 14,000 usd to buy one of these
Plus shipping and import hassle if it wasn't based on a US spec bike.

That's not supercrazy for some folks and if you were to have a GS or G/S rebuilt by someone here in the states I'm sure you would get close to that figure. If not surpass it.

I'm glad that there's enough intrest in the marque that people are willing to build the bike, and buy them.

But boy, I think for that kind of cash, there's some real desirable bikes out there. Especially in this used market.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:07 PM   #27
bikecat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkens
Interesting that they removed the tool tray and tool kit too. As for the curved part of the frame, do you mean the handle for lifting it onto the centerstand?
No, there's the vertical spar of the main frame from the seat down to the peg; looks more curved than the usual frame, I could be wrong.

This is the American Gulf Oil paint scheme?

bikecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #28
Beemerguru
Beemerguru...G/S guy

Oddometer: 964
The original 1050 kits from CC Products suffered from the thin wall syndrome you described..later versions had a sleeve so the heat wouldn't distort the cylinder and the piston lasted a lot longer.

The 1070 kit is a work of art..cast with enough clearance and the piston could be in an art museum..and it WORKS reliably. With the cam, it will make an honest 80 hp. Put that in a 400lb G/S frame and have a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershaft
Does anyone have any miles on Seibenrock's 1070 kits? I am curious as to how they do. It looks like they have their own fiber head gasket with a fire ring like the stock head gaskets? Although there is still BARELY any room for a fire ring between the cylinder wall and the cylinder stud holes or the push rod tube holes, for that matter, it has got to be an improvement over copper head gaskets I have been around that are used on some big bore kits. They often leak oil like mofo's! The big bore kits I have been around did make more power for a while until the super thin cylinder walls distorted badly and the piston rings could no longer seat. That pretty much turned them into an oil pump and reduced power back to lower than it could have been with a 94mm bore. The big bore kits I have been around had iron or steel liners. I would think that would be MORE stable than nikisil over aluminum as far as cylinder distortion is concerned but I don't know from experience.
Beemerguru is offline   Reply With Quote