User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #1
Mil T OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 618
Delivering The Mail on the Old Mail Trail

After the Prescott Dual Sport ride a couple weeks ago some of my friends from my old club in California, The Conejo Trail Riders, wanted to take a day over here in Payson and ride one of the trails that we have here. The riders were Chuck Paine, Jeff Landers, Jim Smyth, Jerry King, Rob Ellis and Don ? last name.

This could have been the geriatrics group if it had not been for Don, Rob and Jeff. Otherwise between the other 3 including myself we ranged from 60 to 72 years young. They came to the house and stayed there. The next day, I decided to take off from the House here in Payson down to Giesela and up the Mail Trail.

Don was having problems with his bike not idleing and he wasn't comfortable with it so he and Rob decided to call it a day and head back up to Payson to get an early start back home to CA.

It has been getting riden more lately but it is still difficult to find the start of it after you cross the Tonto Creek.

Once on the trail it's pretty easy to see but when you get up on the top it becomes more difficult to see because of the bed rock type terrain. Rock Cairns have been stacked but GPS track has been the best way to know where your going unless you've ridden it before and know where it goes.

Once we made it over the trail to the end near Soldiers Camp we headed down to the crossing at 76 Ranch. Another crossing of the Tonto Creek.

It was getting late for my friends to make the drive back to California so I decided to make the last section slab back up to Payson. There is alot more to show them and they said they would be back to really expierience some of the great riding we have up here and also down in the low lands.
It was great to be able to ride with my old friends and we had a great time over the entire weekend with the awesome, epic DS ride that ATR put on with Howling At The Moon and the 1 day they took to come ride in my backyard.

Mil T screwed with this post 11-07-2010 at 06:40 PM
Mil T is offline   Reply With Quote