ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2004, 12:48 PM   #16
bluebye
Skin it back

Oddometer: 1,439
Hey dirty south 400

Hey man. I work in Cville at the suzuki shop. I used to see a dr-z400 on 41 a lot of days when it was warm. Maybe it was you? Anyhow, I am always up for a d/s ride unfortunatly I gotta work Fri. Drop by sometimes and lets talk shop. I've got a dr650.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:47 PM   #17
GaM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebye
Hey man. I work in Cville at the suzuki shop. I used to see a dr-z400 on 41 a lot of days when it was warm. Maybe it was you? Anyhow, I am always up for a d/s ride unfortunatly I gotta work Fri. Drop by sometimes and lets talk shop. I've got a dr650.
That's where I bought my bike. 04 DL1000
GaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 01:53 PM   #18
bluebye
Skin it back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaM
That's where I bought my bike. 04 DL1000
Is it a silver one?
Old 12-27-2004, 02:00 PM   #19
GaM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebye
Is it a silver one?
Yep. Running fine. Gotta get rid of these trailwings so I can keep the rear end out of the front though.
GaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 03:43 PM   #20
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,857
Hey wannabe, I would be glad to meet up with you for the ride up. I am a definite for friday. The better half is working so I have the day to myself and I am taking advantage of it. As far as roads go or the route it will be, Cbob came up with this ride and I have yet to meet him but feel confident in his abilities to lead us! I will be on a DRZ with the stock deathwings, let me rephrase that, they are well used deathwings so it is almost promising to be exciting. Hey bluebye, that would be me on the yellow DRZ going south anywhere from 4:30 on. I see a couple of guys out pulling the 4 wheelers in usually so I guess it is you guys getting ready to close up shop. Can you get me some tires? I am in desperate need of some more aggressive dualsport tires if you have any in stock so I can stop by this week before friday. Shoot me a pm or just post in here, either way keep in touch.
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 03:58 PM   #21
bluebye
Skin it back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_south400s
Hey bluebye, that would be me on the yellow DRZ going south anywhere from 4:30 on. I see a couple of guys out pulling the 4 wheelers in usually so I guess it is you guys getting ready to close up shop. Can you get me some tires? I am in desperate need of some more aggressive dualsport tires if you have any in stock so I can stop by this week before friday. Shoot me a pm or just post in here, either way keep in touch.
Yeah, That would be me. Ride em in,Ride em out,Rawhide! I tell ya, ain't life at the mosickle shop glamouros. I can usually get whatever tires you want in one day. Drop by and we will hook you up.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:30 PM   #22
Dirtysouth

Quote:
If I could find me some gloves that would work in the winter I would be riding the DRZ more often. Anyone have any suggestions.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:37 PM   #23
bluebye
Skin it back

Quote:
If I could find me some gloves that would work in the winter I would be riding the DRZ more often. Anyone have any suggestions.
Man, You gotta try heated grips. They cost @ $30.00 and are easy to install. You can usually use the stock grips, and with hand guards they are awesome. I also have been happy with Tecniks winter gloves. Warm but not to bulky.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:51 PM   #24
Dirtysouth

I may look into the heated grips. I have noticed that quiet a few people on this site recommend the heated grips. I bought some marmot windproof gloves this weekend at galyans and tried them out today at work, they aren't windproof even though they say they are 100% windproof. If they can't handle a little breeze I know they won't block the wind while I am running down I-75.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:07 PM   #25
bluebye
Skin it back

Quote:
I may look into the heated grips. I have noticed that quiet a few people on this site recommend the heated grips. I bought some marmot windproof gloves this weekend at galyans and tried them out today at work, they aren't windproof even though they say they are 100% windproof. If they can't handle a little breeze I know they won't block the wind while I am running down I-75.
Well, I think wind proof to them means standing around in 20 mph winds. The best stuff is motorcycle specific hardware. And there is a reason people that have them recommend heated grips. With them gloves are not as big an issue. I use motorcross gloves until the temps get below 50 degrees. Just flip the switch and Ahhhhh, Your hand are warm.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:13 PM   #26
cbob OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Let's Ride!

I'm glad y'all elected me the leader of this expedition. I have no idea where we're going! I've never been North of TWO, except on GA60 or GA180 on a 700 lb street bike.

I've got an LC4E with Pirelli's version of DeathWings.

The problem I have with heated grips is they warm the insides of the hands but the backsides still freeze. Talking ST1100 at 80 mph here. I might try some Gerbrings this year, they are toasty! My ST's throttle side heated grip gets warmer than the clutch side - throttle tube insulates the grip from the handlebar steel. Unless the clutch side has more wattage you'll get the same result (or insulate the clutch side . . . but how?).

Come one, come all! Fri Dec 31 9:00am at Toosy's. Where we go from there is strictly up to the group.

later,
- cbob
cbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 06:26 PM   #27
bluebye
Skin it back

Thanks for the invite. Maybe next time.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:58 PM   #28
Dirtysouth

Cbob our fearless leader! I will be there for sure but I have a question. Is there any plan for grub or should I bring along a snack? I heard that TWO is closed for the season or I would suggest eating there. Come on guys, let's make a showing this friday. A couple of people have shown interrest but is there in definites?
Old 12-27-2004, 07:40 PM   #29
cbob OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
We can eat off the fat of the land or I can bring some weenies and smores.

Translated: We'll forage at a gas station but bring a powerbar just in case.

- c
cbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 04:36 AM   #30
GreyGhost
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 589
New Years Eve Ride!

Hi, I live in Powder Springs and would like to ride with you on Friday. I have spent a bit of time in the area off and on and it should be a great day. Others in Marietta and Cartersville that want to hook up on the way to Tootsy's let me know.

04 950A Scoot (Gone but not forgotten)
03 GL1800 Toad

I guess it often comes down to "better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it". - FastEddieB
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote