ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2004, 12:46 PM   #46
GreyGhost
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 589
Where to Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaelicDog
Of the Post Office in Suches, downtown Dahlonega? Just seems the Marietta guys are covering alot of ground to get there!
I would say the BP station at the corner of 180/60 and go from there. I think CBob wanted to explore some trails off of 180.

Turner's Corner Restaurant at the corner of 129/19 will be open on the 31st from 11 am til 9 pm. So, we will have a place to meet for lunch and if you haven't been there the food is good. If we go in a direction over to Hiawassee, Young Harris, or Blairsville there are good places all over.

If we have hard core dirt riders and some not so riders we may split into two groups and rejoin at a predetermined place. Just a suggestion.

04 950A Scoot (Gone but not forgotten)
03 GL1800 Toad

I guess it often comes down to "better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it". - FastEddieB
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 04:03 PM   #47
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,873
Greetings everyone, if you guys from marietta want to meet at the corner of 53 and 108 that sounds good to me. I think a coworker (slim) will be joining me on his KLR and we can make it at anytime you guys feel we need to be there. Just someone let me know either way.

Dirty
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 05:57 PM   #48
cbob OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
I like the "game" of the rider #1 waits at a turn for rider #2. When #2 arrives, #1 takes off for the next intersection. #2 waits for and takes off when #3 arrives. #3 waits for #4, etc, etc. This way everyone keeps riding and not standing around gabbing until #5 shows up, then gabbing with #5 for a half hour. If #4 crashes out, #5 shows up and assists. The riding chain is broken. #3, 2 and maybe #1 get tired of waiting and gingerly backtrack to the point of stoppage. BTW - I don't have to be #1 . . . unless y'all want to end up in Alabama.

Let's keep key time to 9:00 am at Toosy's. Maybe we can meet up with group #2 at the gas station at GA180/GA60 in Suches (I hear it's heated inside). How long does it take to get to Suches from GA400 going over the mountain?

I like the idea of lunch somewhere . . . . . we can discuss Fri am depending how our stomachs are churning.

Lookin forward to it!
- c bob
cbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 06:26 PM   #49
Dirtysouth

Lunch? If slim comes just buddy up to him, he always has beef jerky and snacks in his saddlebags. He's 6'4" maybe a 160lbs with 2 coca colas in his back pockets but he eats like he has a tapeworm as tall as he is. Ignore Flux's post about me falling alot, I generally find a nice hole full of water before I fall so the landing doesn't seem to hurt as bad! I still have the deathwings on and it doesn't look like I will be able to get anything better before friday but then again that is why I bought a bike that is made up of more plastic. So what is the plans for the marietta gang? Where should I plan on meeting you guys? Are we going to meet up with Cbob at toosy's or in Dahlonega?
Old 12-28-2004, 07:09 PM   #50
GreyGhost
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_south400s
So what is the plans for the marietta gang? Where should I plan on meeting you guys? Are we going to meet up with Cbob at toosy's or in Dahlonega?
Well we will meet at Toosy's at 9 am.

We are to meet up with the Carterville's guys at 7:30 at the gas station at 515/108. Ride 108 to 53 to 9 or 400 depending upon time. Then ya'll can figure what you want to do at Toosy's. Just my suggestion.

03 GL1800 Toad

I guess it often comes down to "better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it". - FastEddieB
Old 12-29-2004, 05:10 AM   #51
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,286
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGhost

We are to meet up with the Carterville's guys at 7:30 at the gas station at 515/108. Ride 108 to 53 to 9 or 400 depending upon time. Then ya'll can figure what you want to do at Toosy's. Just my suggestion.
Grey Ghost, how about whitlock and the loop west of the square (krystal) as marietta meeting spot. 6:30 am? Every thing else sounds good. See ya at toosy's cbob!
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 07:20 AM   #52
Suppermotodd
Tag Thief

Oddometer: 1,022
Lunch Plans!

Quote:

Hey GreyGhost Long Time no See,

Troutrider and Myself are planning on riding FS roads from Chattanooga into Suches Friday. Let me know if you have a lunch stop planed and we can meet you then. If no plans we might see you on the Trail/Road!
Suppermotodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 08:23 AM   #53
svwayne
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 944
OK Cbob, the Weestrom and I are in. We'll see you at Toosy's @9am. If the route includes any ORV trails, like Windy Gap or Milma, I'll just detour around. I'll hang with the group as long as I can, I have to be back in Lawrenceville by 5ish for a birthday party.

SVWayne
svwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 08:35 AM   #54
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,286
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suppermotodd

Troutrider and Myself are planning on riding FS roads from Chattanooga into Suches Friday. Let me know if you have a lunch stop planed and we can meet you then. If no plans we might see you on the Trail/Road!
Hey suppermotodd, what route ya taking? Sure would like to know for future rides. I went from Ellijay thru cohutta wilderness, and came out on 64 just below the dam. Great ride, however two bridges were out around ga/tn line, maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago. You can still cross them, just ribboned off with a load of large rock blocking them. Just FYI, have fun and ride safe.
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 10:16 AM   #55
GreyGhost
Studly Adventurer

Lunch New Years Eve

Quote:

Hey TR, no I don't have any plans yet. Would like to meet you for lunch. Any suggestions for time and or place. I can adapt, well, sometimes.

Barr
Old 12-29-2004, 12:51 PM   #56
Suppermotodd
Tag Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Hey suppermotodd, what route ya taking? Sure would like to know for future rides. I went from Ellijay thru cohutta wilderness, and came out on 64 just below the dam. Great ride, however two bridges were out around ga/tn line, maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago. You can still cross them, just ribboned off with a load of large rock blocking them. Just FYI, have fun and ride safe.
We get on old 2 in Cisco Ga. Follow the signs to Lake Conasoga then when you get up top turn left towards Blue Ridge. You can take FS roads to East Ellijay then take 52 to Roy Road. Take the FS road on right which turns into FS 42 and ends in Suches just past the TWO. Furthermore, If you follow my directions you will surely be lost! PM Troutrider He has the Maps!
Old 12-29-2004, 01:17 PM   #57
Suppermotodd
Tag Thief

Quote:
Hey TR, no I don't have any plans yet. Would like to meet you for lunch. Any suggestions for time and or place. I can adapt, well, sometimes.

Barr
We should be in Suches around 12 and I don't know of any place open. Does anybody have a place in mind? We could meet in Dahlonaga or Blairsville if needed.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:53 PM   #58
Dirtysouth

Quote:

Sounds good greyghost. By the way, was you at rebel yell II? If you are the same guy I am thinking about, you were on the goldwing and your son had the 950. If it was you, I had a tent across from you with the yellow DRZ and my buddy slim, had the KLR.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:42 PM   #59
GreyGhost
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_south400s
Sounds good greyghost. By the way, was you at rebel yell II? If you are the same guy I am thinking about, you were on the goldwing and your son had the 950. If it was you, I had a tent across from you with the yellow DRZ and my buddy slim, had the KLR.
Yep, that was me. I will be on my silver 950 this trip and leave the GW in the garage. I remember you guys.

Barr
Old 12-29-2004, 05:30 PM   #60
GreyGhost
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
We should be in Suches around 12 and I don't know of any place open. Does anybody have a place in mind? We could meet in Dahlonaga or Blairsville if needed.
Turners Corner Restaurant on the corner of 129/19. It's about 20-30 min from TWO. Nice ride.

You guys have a cell phone I can leave a msg on Friday after they decide what's happening at Toosy's?

My cell is 404-805-8302

03 GL1800 Toad