ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2004, 06:01 AM   #61
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,289
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suppermotodd
We get on old 2 in Cisco Ga. Follow the signs to Lake Conasoga then when you get up top turn left towards Blue Ridge. You can take FS roads to East Ellijay then take 52 to Roy Road. Take the FS road on right which turns into FS 42 and ends in Suches just past the TWO. Furthermore, If you follow my directions you will surely be lost! PM Troutrider He has the Maps!
Thanks suppermotodd, but I know the route you are taking very well. I was hoping for some new roads to explore. Hopefully we can meet for lunch, see ya on the road.
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 08:24 AM   #62
Pengaleng
Hellbilly Peckerwood

Oddometer: 3,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGhost
Turners Corner Restaurant on the corner of 129/19. It's about 20-30 min from TWO. Nice ride.

You guys have a cell phone I can leave a msg on Friday after they decide what's happening at Toosy's?

My cell is 404-805-8302
I called you.
Need info on the lunch spot once available as I am available for after lunch ride.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:29 PM   #63
Suppermotodd
Tag Thief

Oddometer: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGhost
Turners Corner Restaurant on the corner of 129/19. It's about 20-30 min from TWO. Nice ride.

You guys have a cell phone I can leave a msg on Friday after they decide what's happening at Toosy's?

My cell is 404-805-8302
I think Turners Corner will be a good central location and We can be there around noon. Call me when you get the scoop at Toosy's.

My Cell number is 423-421-3412
Suppermotodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 01:40 PM   #64
Suppermotodd
Tag Thief

Oddometer: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengaleng
I called you.
Need info on the lunch spot once available as I am available for after lunch ride.
Hi Pengaleng! What time are you going to be in Suches? Is Turners Corner around 12 good for you?
Suppermotodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 03:58 PM   #65
GaelicDog
Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer: 7,322
OK West side guys,,,, let's nail this down.

6:30am Krystal on the 120 loop??? Right??????
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
GaelicDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 04:24 PM   #66
Troutrider
Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,145
Hey Pengy! You heading north away from the traffic? My wife is fighting a bad case of food poison so it could put a damper on my plans. I've talked Todd into doing a GS ride instead of a gravel tromp. We should be able to make Turner's corner around 12:00. I love eating there. Look for my new yellorange dream. Unless we end up at the E.R. tonite I'll see ya'll tommorrow. Ride well!

Troutrider

"Ride like you want to get up and do it again tomorrow"
Troutrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 04:54 PM   #67
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,289
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaelicDog
OK West side guys,,,, let's nail this down.

6:30am Krystal on the 120 loop??? Right??????
Correct, I will be there!!!!!
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 06:12 PM   #68
GreyGhost
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 589
West Side Hook Up!!

Yea! I meet up with Meathead at Lost Mountain/Dallas Rd at 6:15. Should be at Krystals at 6:30. See ya there.

04 950A Scoot (Gone but not forgotten)
03 GL1800 Toad

I guess it often comes down to "better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it". - FastEddieB
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 06:15 PM   #69
GreyGhost
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutrider
Hey Pengy! You heading north away from the traffic? My wife is fighting a bad case of food poison so it could put a damper on my plans. I've talked Todd into doing a GS ride instead of a gravel tromp. We should be able to make Turner's corner around 12:00. I love eating there. Look for my new yellorange dream. Troutrider
Pengy's on the road. I have his cell and will give him the msg.

03 GL1800 Toad

I guess it often comes down to "better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it". - FastEddieB
Old 12-30-2004, 06:19 PM   #70
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,907
Greyghost, me and slim will be meeting you guys at the corner of hwy 5 and 108@ 7:30 am. See you guys in the morning and everyone who is partaking in this ride be safe and keep your eyes out for the wildlife before sunup. Anyone got nextel capabilities?
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 06:42 PM   #71
GreyGhost
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_south400s
Greyghost, me and slim will be meeting you guys at the corner of hwy 5 and 108@ 7:30 am. See you guys in the morning and everyone who is partaking in this ride be safe and keep your eyes out for the wildlife before sunup. Anyone got nextel capabilities?
Not that I am bringing with me. My Cell 404-805-8302

See everybody in the morning.

03 GL1800 Toad

Old 12-30-2004, 06:52 PM   #72
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,907
Doubt anyone will need it but just incase there is a delay or something with the marietta troop, my cell is 770-548-7930.

Dirty
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 05:55 AM   #73
Troutrider
Vicarious Adventurer

The wife managed to eat a Bagel this morning so that means I can go play! Yay! I'll be raiding Todd's compound around 9:00 so we should be at Turner's Corner around noon. Ride safe!

Troutrider

Old 12-31-2004, 03:23 PM   #74
GaelicDog
Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer: 7,322
Well crap! Let's see how my ride went. I awakened feeling badly and just didn;t want to go to work or ride. But the bike kept calling my name from the basement. It was 7:07am when I rocketed past the Krystal in Marietta, 37 minutes past the time Meathead and Greyghost were to meet there.

7:11 and I am I-75 @ I-575 running the Continentals way faster than they are intended. At 7:35 I arrive at Hwy 515 @ GA 108 (do the math on that one boys and girls!). And damned if they have not already left! What kind of riders actually leave on time???? I see on my phone where I had missed a call from Meathead. During his messege he tells me that his cell is about to die. His is THE ONLY number I have with me. Without a clue in hell where they actually are, just knowing they are about 7 minutes in front I rip out eastbound!

I never did see the group but I did get in well over 200 miles today. Jasper, Dawsonville, Dahlonega, Suches, Morganton, Blue Ridge, Ellijay, JAsper, Nelson, Ball Gound and home. Plus numerous side roads and some FS roads. Deep Hole Public Use Area would be a GREAT place to camp!

I did see an Orange Triumph Tiger headed north near Ball Ground, a speed triple up near Suches and a couple of other single riders thoughout the day.

And when it says it's going to be in the 40's at night,,,, they were talking about in Atlanta! I crossed one creek on a gravel back road and there was ICE still on the bank! And I also found a couple of spots of black ice north of Suches on the back side (shady) of the mountian!
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
GaelicDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 05:00 PM   #75
Troutrider
Vicarious Adventurer

What a ride!

Since Hwy. 64 through Ocoee is closed 'til further notice due to a landslide, Todd and I had to take the route over Ft. Mtn. By the time we did that and all of 60 from Blue Ridge we figured we'd be way late. As luck would have it we hooked up with the group at the Suches BP. Had a spirited ride over the gap to Turner's Corner. Sorry about the rude passing. We thought Barry Sr. was in front and we wanted to catch him. We found out that he wasn't up front when we pulled up at Turner's Corner and Pengy's GS was sitting all alone out front. What was an empty Restaurant became a full house when 20 odd dual sports pulled up in front. I didn't get to meet as many as I would have liked but it was fun. Great to see Barry Sr., Pengy, and a few others I vaguely remember. Rode out over Blood Mtn. to see who crashed. Saw a sportbike on the side of the road with his pipe laying on the ground. Another victim. Rode through 180 with Meathead and stopped again at the BP to swap bikes with MoTodd and bid farewell to M.H. The Katoom was way too much fun doing upper 60. I could really get in trouble on that bike. Pulled onto the 4 lane at Blue Ridge and imediately got hit with laser from an unmarked State Patrol car. Todd was in front and couldn't hear my detector going off. I watched the chase car pull out in front of me and knew he was fixin' to get his neck stood on. I think the guy was easy on him. He must not have learned his lesson as we proceeded to completely shred Ft. Mtn. on the return trip. Got home about 20 minutes before dark. 390 miles. Not a bad day at all. Guiness never tasted better!

Troutrider