ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2004, 05:16 PM   #76
GreyGhost
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 589
Ride Today

Adventure Riders are the best. Where else can you schedule a ride with people that have never actually met and have over 90% show. I met Meathead at the Chevron station in West Cobb County at 6:15, we were both early. Went on to the Krystals at the Marietta Square and GaDualSportWTB showed up on his 640 Adventure early. We waited til 5 min past time for Galic Dog and Meathead gave him a call. All we got was answer machine and Meathead said you were on call for work so we booked. Sorry we missed you. Hopefully the next time we will get hooked up. We got to the 515/108 hook up and dirty_south400s and his Buddy Slim were waiting for us. Buzzed over to Toosy's and got together with CBob and two of his buddies and off we went. Bman from Chatanooga was late and we past him on the way out and he spun a quick uie and got in line that made 8 of us. CBob took us on some great FS roads and should be along with some pictures shortly. Fueled up on the way to lunch at the BP in Suches and found Troutrider and Supermotodd fueling up and we all road over to Turner's Corner together where we found Pengaleng waiting for us. Had a great lunch with great folks and I couldn't have had a better day. It was after 2 PM when we left lunch so we split up and most of us headed home. I got only 302 mi for my day but it was great

Thanks to all

04 950A Scoot (Gone but not forgotten)
03 GL1800 Toad

I guess it often comes down to "better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it". - FastEddieB
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 05:21 PM   #77
GreyGhost
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutrider
stopped again at the BP to swap bikes with MoTodd and bid farewell to M.H. The Katoom was way too much fun doing upper 60. I could really get in trouble on that bike. Pulled onto the 4 lane at Blue Ridge and imediately got hit with laser from an unmarked State Patrol car. Todd was in front and couldn't hear my detector going off. I watched the chase car pull out in front of me and knew he was fixin' to get his neck stood on. I think the guy was easy on him. He must not have learned his lesson as we proceeded to completely shred Ft. Mtn. on the return trip. Got home about 20 minutes before dark. 390 miles. Not a bad day at all. Guiness never tasted better!

Troutrider
ADV Riders never speed, never cross double yellows, never wheelie, never hit the TON multiple times during a days ride, never ever roost the person behind them in the dirt, etc., etc., etc. NOT!!!!

04 950A Scoot (Gone but not forgotten)
03 GL1800 Toad

I guess it often comes down to "better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it". - FastEddieB
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 05:51 PM   #78
GaelicDog
Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer: 7,322
It all worked out for the best, checked my speedo and had 268 for the day. I would have had to pulled off at some point anyway, I had to look at some real estate while I was up there.

And don't think I don't have the numbers down for the next run!

Oh, and I damned near got nabbed by TWO Cherokee County Sheriffs just south of Jasper. I accelerated hard from a light (but didn't wheelie for once) and these two goobs jumped all over me. One right up against my tail light the other on my left! I used to call those a rolling warning!
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
GaelicDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 05:56 PM   #79
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,617
Sounds like you all had a great day. I will be there for the next one. As it turns out, I got to get in some time on my KLX in the Valdosta swamplands. Nice 75 degree weather yesterday. Sounds like you all saw some good ground. Deep Hole is a good place to camp. I personally like the Cooper Creek area a bit better, no particular reason. Gotta watch those 'boonies cops'...not much to do 'round those parts but give out tickets.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 06:21 PM   #80
cbob OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Film at 11

Hey flux - Speaking of South GA, you ever ride the sand dunes in Albany? Rode there yesterday. Soft sand (with dual sport tires) will definitely create a seat pucker on a big dual sport, even on those rock hard KTM seats!

Sorry we missed you. Check out the ride report over at
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64148

I had a FANTASTIC time, guys. Thanks!

Tomorrow is Durhamtown. They are bringing in a freestyle jumper for the day. As for me I hope to be shredding woods trails on a 200.

Is this a great country or what?

later,
- c bob

to benefit the Dream House for Medically Fragile Children
www.dreamhouseforkids.org
cbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 09:32 AM   #81
bman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 488
Wanted to meet up with the group at Toosy's at 9:00am.
Left Chattanooga at 7:15 and slabbed south to 136.
Was going to head up to Toosy's on 400, but by 9:00 I was still around Dawsonville so I had to go to plan B.
Head north on 9 to Dahlonega and then turn south on 400 to see if I could meet them head on.
After a half mile on 400 I saw a motley crew of ADVRiders heading my way.
A quick Uee and I tagged up at the circle.
Ran some nice trails and got a few suprising looks at our first break.
"Who are you and where the hell did you come from" was probably on some of their minds.
Weather was great and had a blast on the ride.
Decided to split after lunch before the partyers hit the road.
Got back to the house at 6:15. 323 miles.

Thank's cbob for the invite and for leading our pack,
and thank's GreyGhost for keeping an eye on me and showing me some new roads to 52.
Will have to keep our eye out for Cujo though
Any time you guy's want to repeat let me know, I'm in
bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 07:32 PM   #82
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,617
Cbob, nope never hit the dunes in Albany. I have heard they are a hoot. I went to college in Valdosta, roomed with 3 guys from Albany. Nice weather down there last few days...it was sunny and 75 when I was there.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote