Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #31
thumpididump
MacGyver

Oddometer: 2,403
'03-'04 GSXR1000. Quite a bit longer, and fatter in diameter. Big like a bazooka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Thanks. Apparently this guys pipe is incorrect s it shows a X18G1X code on it. Any idea?

FY-YFF
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
thumpididump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #32
motoracer51
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpididump View Post
'03-'04 GSXR1000. Quite a bit longer, and fatter in diameter. Big like a bazooka.
Thanks a bunch!! You just saved me what could've been a real head ache.
motoracer51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #33
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,028
gsxr pipe on dr650 - which year model gsxr pipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpididump View Post
this link has photos of the different year model pipes all lined up together, plus a pile of other info.
B1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:34 AM   #34
thumpididump
MacGyver

I know. I already posted it 7 or 8 posts back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnok View Post
this link has photos of the different year model pipes all lined up together, plus a pile of other info.

FY-YFF
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
Old 05-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #35
kezzajohnson
kezza

Oddometer: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnok View Post
The one you want is the nearest one in the pic (in link above) Mxrob had listed the part number for it X40F0X and that it the 01/02 Titanium model. Mxrob is in California or one of the States (I think).

As this is an Australian Thread, the one you should be looking for is actually part number X40FIX which is the same as the above, just the Australian version (probably slight different internally because of emission rules.

I got mine (below) off e-bay (Au) for $50.00 plus postage about 12 months ago. Only just fitted it though and I couldn't believe no one else was bidding on it and I have never seen one since. Including materials and labour to have my own mid-pipe (my own design and bends), and a flange cut (all stainless steel) made up, the system has cost me about about $250.00 (AUS) to produce. It works great and is a mega difference from the Supertrapp that was fitted. I even got a set of GSXR1000 indicators with it free which I am going to put on my other half's DRZ250 that has OEM indicators on the back that act like wings.

"May the Road Never Rise to Defeat you..."

kezzajohnson screwed with this post 05-13-2011 at 03:57 PM
kezzajohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #36
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,850
I have and FMF Power Bomb front pipe and Q4 muffler that I put on during my winter rebuild., pumper carb, cut airbox with a K&N.

It does run well and the FMF system is much ligher than stock.

After a few short rides totaling 20 miles,doing some checking before I go longer, I have found the FMF system to be way too loud for my liking.

I will be selling the Q4 rear section in FLea Market and going with Jesse's TB mid pipe and a GSXR can, which is what I wanted to do and should have done in the first place.

Too bad that there isn't a quieter baffle option for the Q4. It is far from "Quiet Core" if you ask me.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:44 AM   #37
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobudo28 View Post

too bad that there isn't a quieter baffle option for the q4. It is far from "quiet core" if you ask me.
+1
98940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #38
acesandeights
Asperger

Oddometer: 3,465
What are the actual benefits of something like a FMF Q4? Are there any negative impacts to performance (lose low/mid end tq/hp), reliability, etc.? Do most slip ons go on without jetting/carb issues?

acesandeights screwed with this post 06-24-2011 at 01:54 PM
acesandeights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:20 PM   #39
thumpididump
MacGyver

Air definitely flows better with just about any aftermarket exhaust, even with the GSXR system. Unless you're going to mess with your airbox, then re-jetting the carb isn't required. Most people will do intake and exhaust mods at the same time, for increased performance. In this case, you will need to re-jet.

Some people do it purely for a sweeter sounding exhaust note but many of the aftermarket options are quite loud. The GSXR system isn't excessively loud but is definitely a deeper sound and a little louder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesandeights View Post
What are the actual benefits of something like a FMF Q4? Are there any negative impacts to performance (lose low/mid end tq/hp), reliability, etc.? Do most slip ons go on without jetting/carb issues?

FY-YFF
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
Old 12-23-2011, 09:45 AM   #40
ER70S-2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,943
Grinding Header Weld

Be aware that you can grind the header weld too far, maybe?

Edit: SprintST contacted me later, his weld had not been ground. Blk-betty's pipe also broke like this and had not been ground either. That's two failures in this 72,xxx post thread, not something I'd worry about.
Pic from SprintST, on a trip somewhere in Mexico:

Blk-betty:

SUZUKI DR650SE INFORMATION INDEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewheelbonnie View Post
"BTW, I don't do style. It's a dirt bike, not some girlie dress-up thing." -

ER70S-2 screwed with this post 12-22-2012 at 11:20 AM
ER70S-2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #41
rivercreep
Banned

Oddometer: 3,243
Noticed something disturbing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezzajohnson View Post
The one you want is the nearest one in the pic (in link above) Mxrob had listed the part number for it X40F0X and that it the 01/02 Titanium model. Mxrob is in California or one of the States (I think).

As this is an Australian Thread, the one you should be looking for is actually part number X40FIX which is the same as the above, just the Australian version (probably slight different internally because of emission rules.

I got mine (below) off e-bay (Au) for $50.00 plus postage about 12 months ago. Only just fitted it though and I couldn't believe no one else was bidding on it and I have never seen one since. Including materials and labour to have my own mid-pipe (my own design and bends), and a flange cut (all stainless steel) made up, the system has cost me about about $250.00 (AUS) to produce. It works great and is a mega difference from the Supertrapp that was fitted. I even got a set of GSXR1000 indicators with it free which I am going to put on my other half's DRZ250 that has OEM indicators on the back that act like wings.

Who's the foot belong to in the backgrond whose big toe isn't really their BIG toe? (you live near a nuclear power plant or something?)
rivercreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #42
Mr.P
01 K12RS Taxidriver

Oddometer: 49
Question Staintune DR 650 Exhaust?

Has anyone tried this stainless exhaust system from Astraila? Who is a dealer in the usa?.Thanxs,
stefanP
Mr.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #43
MMMOTORCYCLE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 498
Anyone gut out a stock muffler?

Any pics of whats in there?
WR144-Too much fun to be street legal!
CRF70F-for the kids
MMMOTORCYCLE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #44
Ed~
What, Me Worry?

Oddometer: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMOTORCYCLE View Post
Anyone gut out a stock muffler?
Any pics of whats in there?
Inquiring Inmates want to know... so I duly sacrificed and put my pipe to the band-saw for the sake of furthering our knowledge base:

As we can see, it is mostly hollow inside with only very few pieces of metal acting as supports more than baffles... No packing material at all, just a pipe going through the middle with holes in it. I suspect the shape of it acts to dampen the noise before it exits the pipe.

Amazing if you really think about it... a big empty cavity dampening noise rather than amplifying sound waves.

(Ok... I didn't really cut up my pipe. This photo credit properly belongs to 'VtStrom' in the DRRiders.com group.)
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Ed~ screwed with this post 07-12-2012 at 10:22 PM
Ed~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:30 AM   #45
AllAroundAus
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Stain Tune exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
Has anyone tried this stainless exhaust system from Astraila? Who is a dealer in the usa?.Thanxs,
stefanP
Yep I fitted one. It really livened up the old stock engine, stock carb set up I had. Big difference, especially down low.
I have since added the mxrob carb mod and opened up the air box. This bike is really responsive and alive now.

The stain tune pipe fitted perfectly, (as did the stain tune I put on my other bike, WR250F) , very simple to fit.

They are a great pipe, all stainless, quite light, no rivets or screws holding them together, look like they will last forever.

They also have a nice note without being offensive, though they are definitely louder.
AllAroundAus is offline   Reply With Quote