User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2010, 06:12 AM   #1
RocketMan OP
Out Rocketing

Oddometer: 623
Just Me and the "IT" (NT700V_

As we all know an "I" is just an "N" with the first two strokes removed...
being a Unix IT type I don't do Winderz so I just had to get rid of the NT part of the name of the new honda I picked up this spring so....I just trimmed the name plate a tad to get the IT rather than NT ...
but that has nothing to do with the ride... other than I took the honda rather than my trusty old airhead...

It was 40 when I left home at around 8:30 AM as I headed west for the mountains of WV to catch the last of the colours. The temps climbed to a high of 61 when I got to Petersburg WV. Took 29 to 33 then over the Shenandoah Mountains to Petersburg then north along 33 to 220 and back up to 55 and home. They are repaving the road on 33 going up the eastern slope of the Shenandoah, sweet! Give 'em a few months to complete and then it should be awesome, it really needed it! Most of the colour at the higher elevations are gone now but the valleys in-between were still showing some muted shades of reds and golds.
8 plus hours, 340 miles and a tank and half of gas, saa-weet! Love fall weather for riding!

Heading toward the Blue Ridge on 33

next stop, 33 in the forest past H-burg

then up the eastern slope of the Shenandoah and some views from the top looking westward (the blueish colour is NOT photoshopping, the mountains in the mid east often take on that colour naturally when viewed from a distance, hence the name, Blue Ridge Mountains)

Pics of the New Rt 55, which it seems has now been extended further west than the last time I rode out that way, didn't take that section but will have to see how far it goes sometime soon.

And finally caught the last light filtering in thru the trees along the wildlife preserve across the street from my house.....

RM
"Live life to the fullest, cause buddy, once you're dead life ain't worth living" Nat King Cole
"Never trust a user with your television overnight,
Don't try to paint your masterpiece by artificial light." - The Pretenders
Always DSTDJR-----Don't Sweat The Details---Just Ride!!!
RocketMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:02 AM   #2
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,343
Great route..no pics of the bike ?