Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2011, 05:30 PM   #61
jscottyk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsatdm View Post
...We all agree that the devices tricks the ECU into getting a lower temp reading than the stock sensor right? Because of the design, the 20 degrees is a fixed variation from the sensor in the air box. In other words there is no point in putting the BP sensor in the Beer fridge because it won't richen the fuel mixture any more than the design.

If you are with me so far, I guess you could put it in the air box along with the stock one and get the same result. In fact you could put it anywhere except a spot that is warmer the air in the airbox.

So is it critical to making it all happen or showbiz?
itsatdm, this was covered at length in this thread.

Jens addresses your specific question in this post of that thread.
jscottyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #62
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,999
WOW!!
I wish jens well on the boaster plug.. It does not appear to me that the ACC is a copy at all, just does the same thing at a lower price,
Cyclops is the US distributor of the Acc module. We have had great reports on how well it works from most. One rider who never did hook it up sent it back for a full refund.
I would think they both work well and are both backed by companies who do care about thier customers.. All the stuff to knock the Booster plug seams unfounded to me. As does the attempts to discredit the Acc module.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #63
Fulano
Scooter Trash

Oddometer: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
WOW!!
I wish jens well on the boaster plug.. It does not appear to me that the ACC is a copy at all, just does the same thing at a lower price,
Cyclops is the US distributor of the Acc module. We have had great reports on how well it works from most. One rider who never did hook it up sent it back for a full refund.
I would think they both work well and are both backed by companies who do care about thier customers.. All the stuff to knock the Booster plug seams unfounded to me. As does the attempts to discredit the Acc module.

+1
I picked the Acc based on price and it delivered. No more snatchy throttle. Have since put over 3k miles on it with a good chunk of it in heavy beach sand and finessed my way through it. I am one happy camper.

All I need are loose shoes, tight pussy and a warm place to shit.
Fulano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #64
V-Stormer
Bush Basher

Oddometer: 103
Booster Plug gets my support

I laughed out loud when I read - "What's the cheapest thing on a BMW motorcycle? . . . . The rider!"

Being a former V-Strom owner, and now a R1200GS owner, I have to say that the Booster Plug is probably the least expensive thing I've done to the GS (besides the squash raquet handle wrap I used to extend the life of my hand grips). Nothing comes cheap on these bikes (and others).

I'm described by friends as a "McGyver" when it comes to bike modifications and I often fabricate over purchasing commercial products. So I know from both experience and observation that it takes a lot of research, trial and determination to develop something to the point of being commercially viable. It's easier in comparison for others to duplicate the success of an already developed product, especially when someone like Jens is so open and honest about what his product does, how it's built, etc. Patenting is costly and difficult, and as Jens points out, would mean nothing to some countries with no international patent laws or agreements anyway.

I imagine the Accelerator product does the same thing, and may even be of similar quality. But for me, I prefer to toast and honor the ingenuity, determination, care, and quality that Jens has built into the Booster Plug. As a fellow rider and tinkerer, I fully appreciate Jens for his inquisitive nature, honesty, professionalism, openness and even humorous nature of his entrepeneurial spirit.

I'm usually as cheap as any BMW rider mentioned in the joke line comes . . . but every once in a while, I have to put my money where my mouth is to congratulate and support someone like Jens who has the fortitute to follow through on an idea like the Booster Plug. It's not always about cost - I also support a lot of locally owned stores over Costo, Walmart and Home Depot. So I think I can skip a few Starbucks latte's, and support Jens even if there are lower cost alternatives. (not to mention giving my waistline a break at the same time)

To each his own I suppose . . . but to Jens . . . Cheers, my friend!
V-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:18 PM   #65
officerleroy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
+1

I've got nothing to add to the booster plug vs. accelerator module debate which is what it seems this thread has turned in to. I do however want to add another review for the accelerator module.

Thanks to RideABeam, I was able to get a second-hand module (thanks man! ) which saved me money (read: made my decision for me).

After an intial test-ride I'm very pleased with the results. You obviously still can't ride ham-fisted and expect it all to be magically smooth. It is however, magical with low-rev throttle response, which is a very welcome change when riding low speed off road. I still think a throttle tamer and/or a tooth down in the front will bring perfection for what I'm looking for from first/second gear. But right now I feel like I'm 85% to how I want it to feel. Again, for as cheap as these true bolt-on upgrades are, I can't recommend them enough (specifically the accelerator module as that's all I can speak to).

I've got a couple weekend trips coming up and can't wait to ride the new smoothness
officerleroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:05 AM   #66
flubbyhog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Just ordered my accelerator plug after reading this thread. The only thing that kept me from pulling the trigger on the booster plug was the price and the fact that I had a pretty good feeling that someone would be copying it soon.
We'll see how it goes but $87 vs. $150 is an easy choice. Now I just have to wait 2 weeks to get it.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:37 AM   #67
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual

Oddometer: 2,647
Thumb accelerator going slow

Spent the weekend in what passes for mountains near here, my first real hard core test of this module. Tons of steep and super rocky climbs, very tricky downhill sections. I had already geared the bike down one tooth in front but still wasn't happy. It was only when the weekend was over that I thought back and realized the snatchy throttle was a non issue. Was able to creep along when necessary and also able to just whack it from low RPM with no hesitation. Considering the price and crazy easy install this product rocks.
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #68
VancouverBob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
I went on the Cyclops link and it says the product is unavailable and there is no way to add it to my cart, so I guess they don't carry it? Is the US distributor in South Africa the only way to order this thing now?
VancouverBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #69
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by VancouverBob View Post
I went on the Cyclops link and it says the product is unavailable and there is no way to add it to my cart, so I guess they don't carry it? Is the US distributor in South Africa the only way to order this thing now?
Did you try calling them?
Old 06-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #70
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,409
Back before there was a vendor or even a remote air sensor, I got mine from the manufacturer.
http://www.sol2.be/Performance/ENG/Home/index.html

Ordering is a little funky, but I got mine within a week.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:04 AM   #71
Ducksbane
Quaaack!!!

Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsatdm View Post
Back before there was a vendor or even a remote air sensor, I got mine from the manufacturer.
http://www.sol2.be/Performance/ENG/Home/index.html

Ordering is a little funky, but I got mine within a week.
+1 I've bought a total of four from him now .... no problems!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #72
VancouverBob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Cyclops will have some in 10 days according to the South African distributor. Back to Cyclops!
VancouverBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:59 AM   #73
Morten K (DK)
Dedicated all-roader

Oddometer: 13
Waiting impatiently

Yesterday I ordered an Accelerator Module for my F658 GS and now I'm impatiently waiting to receive it.

I actually hadn't read this thread before I ordered it, but had done a little research on a danish MC forum. But this thread has only made me even more impatient to test this kind of "tuning".

Happy motoring!
Morten K (DK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:18 AM   #74
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,297
Anyone near Reno, NV willing to bring their bike over for a dyno run send me an email or PM. I'd like to see the real difference between stock & acc module'd. Better yet like to test stock vs acc module vs boosterplug.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:43 AM   #75
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
Anyone near Reno, NV willing to bring their bike over for a dyno run send me an email or PM. I'd like to see the real difference between stock & acc module'd. Better yet like to test stock vs acc module vs boosterplug.
That would be awesome! Would love to see what the different modules do to the A/F ratio and the corresponding HP results.

Have you had a stock F8 on the dyno yet? With the great mileage they are getting I would think they run very lean.