ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 11:33 PM   #31
grinns OP
Semper Fi
 
grinns's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Rainy, Wa
Oddometer: 1,296
I figured out the problem. I will post pics tomorrow!
__________________
2012 300 EC Race
2010 690 R
2007 990 S

grinns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:36 PM   #32
grinns OP
Semper Fi
 
grinns's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Rainy, Wa
Oddometer: 1,296
Ok, Here is my summary

Done:
valves adjusted
sas removed
new airfilter/prefilter
new fuel filter
new 02 sensors (one was bad found with tuneECU)
tps sensor adjusted
throttle bodies balanced (used real tool, not off tuneECU)
throttle cables adjusted
throttle bodies, map sensor fittings cleaned
new map sensor hoses

Here is what I found as the problem:

This kind of clued me off, since this was on the cylinder that had wierd map readings. At first I thought it was sealant, but look at the next picture...



Rear one that was semi still working...



I guess it sat to long, it had 3k when I bought it 07 in september 2010. This is my best guess as the bike literally looks like brand new. All that gunk was interfering with the map sensor holes. This is one reason it was acually running a bit rich.


Then I did a little cleaning. I pulled off the map sensor hoses and replaced them. Cleaned out the brass niples and resealed the threads and put it all back together.
__________________
2012 300 EC Race
2010 690 R
2007 990 S

grinns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #33
catalina38
Contrarian
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Stingray bay CA.
Oddometer: 1,496
any updates?
__________________
Born 10,000 years too late

KTM 2010 990R, 2013 500EXC
catalina38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #34
grinns OP
Semper Fi
 
grinns's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Rainy, Wa
Oddometer: 1,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalina38 View Post
any updates?
It's running great now. I have 0 flat spots. I only have the lower rpm normal ktm stuff. Working on that, but if I change anything it will be on the tuneecu thread.
__________________
2012 300 EC Race
2010 690 R
2007 990 S

grinns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:42 AM   #35
mschviuz
Adventurer
 
mschviuz's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinns View Post
Ok, Here is my summary

Done:
valves adjusted
sas removed
new airfilter/prefilter
new fuel filter
new 02 sensors (one was bad found with tuneECU)
tps sensor adjusted
throttle bodies balanced (used real tool, not off tuneECU)
throttle cables adjusted
throttle bodies, map sensor fittings cleaned
new map sensor hoses

Here is what I found as the problem:

This kind of clued me off, since this was on the cylinder that had wierd map readings. At first I thought it was sealant, but look at the next picture...



Rear one that was semi still working...



I guess it sat to long, it had 3k when I bought it 07 in september 2010. This is my best guess as the bike literally looks like brand new. All that gunk was interfering with the map sensor holes. This is one reason it was acually running a bit rich.


Then I did a little cleaning. I pulled off the map sensor hoses and replaced them. Cleaned out the brass niples and resealed the threads and put it all back together.

Could someone please tell me where the map sensor hoses attach..in other words where did you find that crud? ^^^thanks
__________________
____________________
2007 KTM 990 Adventure

mschviuz screwed with this post 09-24-2013 at 05:49 AM
mschviuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #36
renogeorge
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Reno
Oddometer: 829
Below the throttle bodies, in the manifolds--front cyl on right side, rear on left. Don't confuse the MAP sensor lines with the SAS if that system is on the bike.
__________________
KTMs--300, 450, 990
renogeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #37
mschviuz
Adventurer
 
mschviuz's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by renogeorge View Post
Below the throttle bodies, in the manifolds--front cyl on right side, rear on left. Don't confuse the MAP sensor lines with the SAS if that system is on the bike.

Thanks
__________________
____________________
2007 KTM 990 Adventure
mschviuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #38
mschviuz
Adventurer
 
mschviuz's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 91
Mine looked just like those pics ^ I pulled everything down and cleaned it up. Only got to ride a little afterwards but so far so good. Thanks for the info....
__________________
____________________
2007 KTM 990 Adventure
mschviuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #39
grinns OP
Semper Fi
 
grinns's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Rainy, Wa
Oddometer: 1,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschviuz View Post
Mine looked just like those pics ^ I pulled everything down and cleaned it up. Only got to ride a little afterwards but so far so good. Thanks for the info....
NP! I still have my 990 it has about 30k now and still runs great! I run startron when i have to use ethenol, but I currently live by a non ethanol station.
__________________
2012 300 EC Race
2010 690 R
2007 990 S

grinns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:25 AM   #40
mschviuz
Adventurer
 
mschviuz's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinns View Post
NP! I still have my 990 it has about 30k now and still runs great! I run startron when i have to use ethenol, but I currently live by a non ethanol station.

Gotta love ethanol. Money maker for small engine repair shops and gives me something to do like this all day job I just wish it was time to do the valves .....I was right there yesterday. Oh well, when it's time to inspect the valves I will know how to break it down.
__________________
____________________
2007 KTM 990 Adventure
mschviuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014