User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2011, 08:13 AM   #181
East Coast Rider OP
Just Me...

Oddometer: 3,821
Thanks, Carmen!

Thanks Jack! When are you are the bride coming back down this way??

One of these days, I'm gonna have time to get the rear wheel spacing sorted and mounted a new chain...then I can use the Ole Girl to go snap some more pics!
Me: Give 'em hell, little Bro!
Dan: Roger that.
East Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #182
jonnyw
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 585
Bone Yard

Next time you are over at Bull Island. See if you can catch the ferry over. Bull's Bay is very shallow. Some places only a foot or so.Over the years large trees have become lodged in the shallow surf. The are bleached and preserved over time by the salt and sun. And become "bone white". It actually looks like a bunch of huge bones sticking up in the sand. And being a open bay to ocean you really get some good shots with sunrises/sets. Check Google earth people have pinned some nice pics on there. If you do over nites there is good camp ground up the road with showers and bathrooms. It overlooks the bay. My bud got a good shot that he keeps as a background on his computer there. Framed a cool sunset thru the oaks and moss. I fish there often. I will keep a look out for you now that I know what you ride. Maybe I can ferry you over.
jonnyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #183
aceonthebeach3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-O View Post
I used to live up in Goose Creek by the weapons station, worked there too, Navy and all that. Man, I loved SC, what a beutiful place. I can't believe how it has changed for the worst with the massive build up of homes and people, particularly near Charleston. Sad! It has lost its unique charm, that southern charm. However, there are beutiful places and sites to see. One of my most favorite places on this planet. Thanks for the pics, they bring me back many years to happier times.
It has changed for the worst because of all the people from the north moving down and buying houses= massive build up of homes. I agree about the southern charm.. here is where some of it goes= quote "im from NY" oh ok here is your medal. we don't care
2014 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S touring, 2006 Yamaha R6 Track bike, 1999 Ducati 900 Super Sport, 1992 HD FLHS, 1997 HD Sportster 1200, 2004 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom, 2005 Honda Ruckus(scooter trash) being a inmate has perks=Dealer pricing on alien blood oh I meanAmsoilhttp://www.amsoil.com/a/synthetic-motorcycle-oilThe link shows retail pricing so you can check vs my dealer price quotes..PM me
aceonthebeach3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #184
East Coast Rider OP
Just Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyw View Post
Next time you are over at Bull Island. See if you can catch the ferry over. Bull's Bay is very shallow. Some places only a foot or so.Over the years large trees have become lodged in the shallow surf. The are bleached and preserved over time by the salt and sun. And become "bone white". It actually looks like a bunch of huge bones sticking up in the sand. And being a open bay to ocean you really get some good shots with sunrises/sets. Check Google earth people have pinned some nice pics on there. If you do over nites there is good camp ground up the road with showers and bathrooms. It overlooks the bay. My bud got a good shot that he keeps as a background on his computer there. Framed a cool sunset thru the oaks and moss. I fish there often. I will keep a look out for you now that I know what you ride. Maybe I can ferry you over.

I have been to Bull's Island and to the Boneyard...it is very cool, but the ferry is $35.00. Bugs are SO bad out there that cool/cold weather is the best time to go. The flies and mosquitoes just regard bug spray as a flavor enhancer
Old 12-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #185
dirtrider5001
whatever

Oddometer: 50
nice

Looks like you had a blast. south carolina is awsome, especially compared to where i live, (ohio). It can get cold at night though around this time of the year but o well. Does the bottom pic look familiar to ne one, its where i stayed when i was down there for a cuple weeks recently.

dirtrider5001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #186
Superhawk
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceonthebeach3 View Post
It has changed for the worst because of all the people from the north moving down and buying houses= massive build up of homes. I agree about the southern charm.. here is where some of it goes= quote "im from NY" oh ok here is your medal. we don't care
My uncles been living down there for 20 yrs and he still gets that...
Superhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:45 PM   #187
aceonthebeach3
Gnarly Adventurer

ECR, we need to meet & ride sometime. my buddy has a new Suzuki TU250 and we love to ride.. normally 100+ miles 2 times per week. we ride to charleston about once/twice a month.
2014 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S touring, 2006 Yamaha R6 Track bike, 1999 Ducati 900 Super Sport, 1992 HD FLHS, 1997 HD Sportster 1200, 2004 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom, 2005 Honda Ruckus(scooter trash) being a inmate has perks=Dealer pricing on alien blood oh I meanAmsoilhttp://www.amsoil.com/a/synthetic-motorcycle-oilThe link shows retail pricing so you can check vs my dealer price quotes..PM me
Old 12-19-2011, 06:03 AM   #188
East Coast Rider OP
Just Me...

Just drop me a line, we'll hook up.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:11 AM   #189
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 10,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Rider View Post
Thanks Jack! When are you are the bride coming back down this way??
Not written in stone yet< but 3rd week in March again is very likely.

My 650 will probably still be in pieces....it is getting a full refresh for an attempt at the Continental Divide Trail this summer. !!
SO... it will be a Tiger event most likely! Good reason to get your Suzi back on the road!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrider5001 View Post
Does the bottom pic look familiar to ne one, its where i stayed when i was down there for a cuple weeks recently.

ICW just down from RT501?..... A WAG for sure!

Jax' mediocre photo thread.

JaxObsessed screwed with this post 12-19-2011 at 08:20 AM
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #190
dirtrider5001
whatever

Oddometer: 50
yep

thats the icw alright, I forget the rt, cant wait to go back there this spring
dirtrider5001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #191
aceonthebeach3
Gnarly Adventurer

[QUOTE=dirtrider5001;17544176]Looks like you had a blast. south carolina is awsome, especially compared to where i live, (ohio). It can get cold at night though around this time of the year but o well. Does the bottom pic look familiar to ne one, its where i stayed when i was down there for a cuple weeks recently.

Looks like Hilton right by my house... Arcadian area
Old 12-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #192
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 10,842
Happy holidays ECR et al...

Jax' mediocre photo thread.
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:28 PM   #193
aceonthebeach3
Gnarly Adventurer

Back home!!!!! I was in WV over Christmas and it is cold up there... I will be out & about this week
Old 01-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #194
East Coast Rider OP
Just Me...

A few from this weekend... Quite possibly the Best. Weekend. Ever.

A wee little bird of some sort...

East Coast Rider screwed with this post 06-25-2012 at 12:34 PM
Old 01-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #195
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,695
Very nice pics!!!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote