User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 03:48 AM   #1501
Mr. Magoo
n/a

Oddometer: 4,948
Little help here .... I've lost track ... how do I purchase this device? Thanks.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:01 PM   #1502
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,495
Wait for it.

An announcement is in the works.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Old 09-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #1503
Mr. Magoo
n/a

Oddometer: 4,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
Wait for it.

An announcement is in the works.

JJ

Sez the always optimistic marketing arm ....

When's the IPO?
Old 09-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #1504
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

YES!

JJ
ps you just knew that was coming, right?

WingMakers.com
Old 09-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #1505
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,294
Jg - nv....
Old 09-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #1506
JohnZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Are we there yet?

When do you see the last of the pre-orders being sent out which includes those dating back to March of this year?
Old 09-27-2011, 05:38 PM   #1507
duckboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288

Poolside,

still waiting to see when i can buy my IICE-Air unit, & ICE-Cool unit. PLEASE let me know when we can liberate our big twins to perform as God has intended.

thanks.

duckboy
homedepot platinum card
Old 09-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #1508
Shortguy on BMW
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
I'm excited! It is finally getting below 100 degrees durring the day here. Time for some serious rides. I'm looking for my Ice Air in the mail tomorrow.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:18 AM   #1509
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,724
You do understand this thing isn't a room air conditioner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortguy on BMW View Post
I'm excited! It is finally getting below 100 degrees durring the day here. Time for some serious rides. I'm looking for my Ice Air in the mail tomorrow.
Smugmug
Old 09-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #1510
DidYouSeeThat
Uhhhh... Where?

Oddometer: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post

Assembly report. (9/19)

1st 30: Cure 1: 9am Mon to 9pm Tues. Cure 2: 9pm Tues to 9am Thurs. Final test. Pack and ship Thursday.
2nd 30: Cure 1: 9pm Tues to 9am Thurs. Cure 2: 9am Thurs to 9pm Fri. Final test. Pack and ship Saturday.
3rd 30: Cure 1: 9am Thurs to 9pm Fri. Cure 2: 9pm Fri to 9am Sun. Final test. Pack and ship Monday.
Last 16: Cure 1: 9pm Fri to 9am Sun. Cure 2: 9am Sun to 9pm Mon. Final test. Pack and ship Tuesday.
So..
1st was shipping Thursday 22nd
Then Sat 24th
Then Mon 26th
Then Tues 27th

Its the 28th... How close are we?

Thanks
08 TE250 - with 300cc Kit
10 Rubicon
Old 09-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #1511
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

You are in a unique position to help many folks understand some differences between a bike in need of a tuneup vs a bike that doesn't need one AND what changes the IICE-Aire can make to both states of tune. Perhaps we could prevail upon you to be the guinea pig, you know for the good of science…

So like run the bike for a bit and then move the jumper back to stock then run the bike some more. Take notes.

The adjust the valves and check and adjust the rocker end play and check the TPS voltage, and change the oil, then run the bike. Take more notes. Then change the jumper back to -20 or -30 and let us know what you notice…

Just think of the fame and notoriety, not to mention admiration from an untold numbers of ADV'rs.

JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdesigns View Post
Ride Report:
Bike condition
04 GSA 1150
stock headers, remus y pipe, Akra pipe
stock air filter (haven't changed it in awhile, probably should)
Steptoe jumper trick to help with cat removal and aftermarket free flow pipe
removal of cannister thing
I do only street riding, no dirt. pilot 3 tires.
I'm fairly big, 6-4", 245+ pounds without gear
mobil 1 15-50 oil (needs changing now)
I did a valve adjust right after getting the bike a couple years ago.

Without the IICE air:
bike has always been a good runner. with the pipe mod and cat removal, I noticed a bit more pep in the bike. I like the sound of the pipe also. idle is around 1200-1250rpm. has always been fairly smooth. there is a flat spot in power at about 4100rpm-5000rpm on full throttle acceleration. I don't notice that I have any surge. running at 35mph is not super easy to do but the bike will run ok below 3000rpm if needed crusing through towns.

with the IICE air installed:
took maybe 35seconds to install this thing. pull off seat. unplug the wire from the temperature sensor. plug the IICE air into the sensor and the other wire into the wire just removed. coil wires around in a circle and lay the thingy on its side on top of the air box. put seat back on. Done! don't need to be more creative as to change the jumper just takes a minute to pop off seat and do the change.

ok, I have only rode my bike with this installed for about 15 miles today. 70F day, sunny, 800-1200 feet above seal level. only the tail bag installed. I was also not ATTGAT today for the ride.
idle seemed about the same, but maybe a little smoother. it started up just fine and maybe took a couple rotations of the crank less to get fired up. setting first tried is -20.

it felt a bit stronger around 3000rpm than before. a bit more snappy. the flat spot is still there around 4100rpm. I didn't have pinging before ever, still don't. I know this thing is really just for the acceleration part, but I really felt that the motor was more behaved running at 3000rpm going through town at about 42mph. and also steady state throttle at about 50 or so in 5th seemed extra smooth. dunno, but it felt like the motor was just a bit more composed and steady, trying to emulate a rice burner.

rolling on the throttle produced more torque feeling. not enough to feel like my front is going to come up, but it is better. maybe 20% better feeling torque. if I rolled on to full throttle acceleration from a 3000rpm in 4th or 5th gear, initially it felt stronger, but once past 3800rpm, I don't think there is a significant difference in total horsepower. like others have stated, it seems more torquey where we runn most of the time, 3000-4000rpm.

i still get popping if decelerating and not putting throttle all the way to idle. I don't mind that though, it is kind of cool to me. this thing didn't seem to change that and I guess is that it isn't suppose to. without the cat, extra fuel is going to simply backfire instead of being burned by the cat.

I do like the change though. engine seems more.... sophisticated.

at -30, it initially felt like it could have been stronger still since I have no cat. I ran it like this for a little bit and changed back to -20. in reality, right now, I think I need something like -25 I put it back to -20 for now and that still seemed good. -30 for me didn't really seem too fat like some have thought. as it cools off, I will likely go back to -30 setting.

summary, my bike which already ran pretty well for a boxer, still runs good with the IICE air but with some improvements in a few spots. I like the additional bit of extra torque at 3000rpm and I like the seemingly smoother steady state operation at 3000-4000rpm. on the highway at 75, it also felt really good and stable. why that should be when the device is only targeting the accelerating part of the operation, don't know, but I will take it.

hot restart felt like it came to life a little more agressive and quickly. like as soon as the engine started to crank, it fired up. I think before it took maybe one to 1.5 revolutions to start. now it is like maybe starting on 1/2 revolution.

I will be adding the cool product once it goes on sale.

thanks Pool for sticking with a tiresome looking assembly process to get this built.

WingMakers.com
Old 09-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #1512
jbdesigns
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
You are in a unique position to help many folks understand some differences between a bike in need of a tuneup vs a bike that doesn't need one AND what changes the IICE-Aire can make to both states of tune. Perhaps we could prevail upon you to be the guinea pig, you know for the good of science…

So like run the bike for a bit and then move the jumper back to stock then run the bike some more. Take notes.

The adjust the valves and check and adjust the rocker end play and check the TPS voltage, and change the oil, then run the bike. Take more notes. Then change the jumper back to -20 or -30 and let us know what you notice…

Just think of the fame and notoriety, not to mention admiration from an untold numbers of ADV'rs.

JJ
Holy crap man, don't you know I too have a job which takes 10-12 hours out of my day, a 4 season porch to finish up with electrical, insul, drywall, trim, flooring and paint. a living room that MUST get painted per the one at home who wears the pants, racing rc cars with my sons, etc.....

actually, I would like to do this for everyone. cause, my bike does need an oil change, it is time to do the valve adjust again, don't know if i will fuss with rocker end play (need to read the adjust for dummies thing again), never have checked my TPS voltage, and how do I know if i need new stick coils? (plus, where are these infamous stick coils?)

You do bring up a good point though, as I was driving, I said to myself, "should I also go through the bike to make sure nothing is up with it before really trying to evaluate this magical little black box with 4 pin positions?"

question and hopefully your answer will not bias my findings, but.... do you suspect that some of those items might be out of adjustment on my bike? as in, if I am not finding as significant of a difference in the bike as others have noticed, that it could be because it is a bit out of wonker right now?

thanks JJ
Old 09-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #1513
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdesigns View Post
Holy crap man, don't you know I too have a job which takes 10-12 hours out of my day, a 4 season porch to finish up with electrical, insul, drywall, trim, flooring and paint. a living room that MUST get painted per the one at home who wears the pants, racing rc cars with my sons, etc.....

Priorities man, priorities! A mans gotta due what a MAN's gotta due, that is until SWMBO sez other wise!

actually, I would like to do this for everyone. cause, my bike does need an oil change, it is time to do the valve adjust again, don't know if i will fuss with rocker end play (need to read the adjust for dummies thing again), never have checked my TPS voltage, and how do I know if i need new stick coils? (plus, where are these infamous stick coils?)

They are on the ends of the plugs, doncha-know

You do bring up a good point though, as I was driving, I said to myself, "should I also go through the bike to make sure nothing is up with it before really trying to evaluate this magical little black box with 4 pin positions?"

question and hopefully your answer will not bias my findings, but.... do you suspect that some of those items might be out of adjustment on my bike? as in, if I am not finding as significant of a difference in the bike as others have noticed, that it could be because it is a bit out of wonker right now?

thanks JJ
Well that is what this little experiment will help reveal… How much improvement does a tune up add to the effectiveness of the IICE-Aire?

Besides fame awaits and with fame, you always get the girl, just like in the movies…

JJ

WingMakers.com
Old 09-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #1514
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,762

Assembly report.

If you've been following along, the distributor we get the vials from changed vendors. Here's a link to a report from a few days ago: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...7#post16904607

These vials have a problem, full report to follow. (Summary: I located the manufacturer of our original vials and more are coming.)

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 09-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #1515
dsrydr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
F650GS Twin

Ice air arrived today. Install 10 minutes. I am impressed with the quality of the connectors, overall quality of the piece, nice work poolside.

Went for a long ride on the 20 degree setting. The most noticeable difference is in the higher rpm range, the motor is smoother at 4500 - 5000 and higher. Noticeable power increase but what is really nice is it doesn't feel like you're wringing it's neck in the higher rpms. Even cruising at 75 -85 mph the motor is just smoother. Not 1200 boxer smooth, but big improvement for the 800.

Waiting patiently for the next gizmo. Definitely worth the wait folks.

Thanks Poolside!
Closed Thread