Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,294
Production and shipping update?
Old 11-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #1682
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,590
You can now note that your IICE Air has now been thoroughly tested inside Mexico, on a '99 1100GS, at altitudes ranging from 9100' to Sea Level, temps from 50s at low humidity to 87+ at about 100% humidity (Mazatlan). Everything from stop and not go traffic, to high speed runs 'around' 90mph (please don't tell the federales) on the Cuotas, to lugging or winding out the engine on the Espinazo de Diablo.

I basically left it unchanged at the default 20* setting for the entire trip.

Only possible issue was a light flooding of the engine in Real de Catorce, which I blame on ME for blipping the throttle a bit soon, before the engine really evened out on 'tick over'. Basically my fault there. Open throttle a bit, it started, and I just let it clear out, and build some engine heat.

Maybe some setting adjustment would have been called for at altitude, but I didn't feel the need.

No complaints. I absolutely believe it made certain parts of the riding experience, shall we say, more FUN.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #1683
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasenwerk View Post
Please put me on the list for an IICE Air too.

Cheers!
Perhaps someone will help him order an IICE Air since he lives in Canada…

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Old 11-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #1684
picard
engage!

Oddometer: 1,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
Production and shipping update?
Old 11-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #1685
DidYouSeeThat
Uhhhh... Where?

Oddometer: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by picard View Post
me too....
08 TE250 - with 300cc Kit
10 Rubicon
Old 11-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #1686
ghostrider1964
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Say whut???? I'm feeling a-bused.
Hell, you ain't even got yours on yet
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 6 10/23-10/25/2015: ?.......
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
Old 11-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #1687
Prysock
s00per n00b

Oddometer: 48
new order

just ordered, hopefully not too late!

Are my initials on the list yet
Old 11-03-2011, 03:48 AM   #1688
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,865

 You guys are great!

Seriously, I'm glad it's jovial in here!

So you want to know what I did yesterday? I spent yesterday making wire harnesses.

And JJ is on a secret recon mission, scouting for new projects.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 11-03-2011, 04:05 AM   #1689
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,865

A big thank you to everyone for all your recent orders ! !

Like JJ said a few posts ago, get them while they're here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post

And let me point out that the availability of the IICE Airs during the ON IICE Sale is a limited time offer. We are now taking the final orders for the last batch of IICE Airs to be made. The order desk is open now, so if you were waiting to get your order in before, now is the time.

After we finish this last batch of IICE Airs, the assembly fixtures will be modified for the IICE Cools, and our full attention will be focused on that product.

We will have more to add about the IICE Cools in due course but for now we want to meet the need for the last batch of IICE Airs.

JJ

The IICE Air Vendor thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667661

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 11-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #1690
Zoshi
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Hey guys, I plan to buy the Air for a friend as a gift, and I'm waiting to get his full address for the shipping...
Can you estimate how long before the Air auction will be closed?
Cheers!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #1691
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,294
I'm guessing you aren't planning to give it to him for christmas. Unless it's a x-mas 2012 gift.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #1692
Codewheeney
Hoopy Frood

Oddometer: 2,634
A little installation and preliminary review:

A note on the moto: 2004 R1150GS, Dual Spark, 113740 miles on the clock when I installed the widget. I recently had a full service done on the bike, including throttle cable replacement, and the bike, before install the IICE Air, is running better than ever. Cat is replaced with a y-pipe, cat code plug set appropriately (that is, removed), otherwise, stock motor. I use the standard BMW air filter, plugs, non-synthetic oil. I'm a Leo, and I love long walks on the beach and snuggling with my Shoei.

A note to those interested: If you have more than 35, 40K miles on your current throttle cables, change 'em. Does wonders. Can't recommend it enough, I change mine about every ~40K.

Anywho, I gots my device in the mail while out of town, so this weekend was my chance to install and test. First, I labelled the top:

And, because I'm stoopit, I labeled the sides to remind me that 1 is for hot weather and 3 is for cold weather:

I really should tidy up in here, but here's the final install:

A little two face tape to stick the gadget down and install took all of 5 minutes, including re-zip-tieing everything. One note for the chronically confused: The little metal clip that holds the connector in place pops up just a bit to release the male side of the plug. If you continue to pry at it with a screwdriver, it will pop off entirely, and it's a bit of pain to put back in place. DAMHIK.

Ride report:

Unfortunately, the weather on Sunday was a bit changeable, and my ride down one of my favorite twisty roads was forced to be more restrained than normal, since it was, unpredictably, wet where the sun was shining and dry while in the clouds. So the ride was spirited but restrained. Not a peg was dragged this day.

Overall, I say the device "does exactly what it says on the tin". Throttle response is much more immediate. Call for power from the engine room and power is delivered immediately. Wonderful! No noticeable difference while cruising at constant throttle (like on the freeway).

Another unexpected bonus was that shifting, especially flat shifting which I tend to do all the time with upshifts, is smoother. I attribute this to two things: The new throttle cables and the quicker engine response means that your throttle blip is blippier (Marketing can use that if they want), and it's easier to match revs to road speed and gear.

Hard acceleration from a standstill to redline through the first 5 gears, flat shifting just before the limiter, is even better than it was three weeks ago when the bike came back from service. Snickity go the gear changes (it still ain't a Suzuki, but it is finally broken in and no longer as agricultural as it was when new). Pulls like an un-neutered shitzu chasing a leggy doberman.

I ran the device at the stock -20 C setting, since it was between 45 F - 65 F all day. Ran from sea level to about 1700 feet max altitude.

Hopefully next weekend will provide a nice dry Saturday to allow me to run the same road twice, once with the setting at zero, once with it at -20, just to scratch my OCD itch.

Summary: Well done, guys, a highly recommended mod. The only problem is I'm continually running out of excuses to buy a new bike. Can't wait for the ICEE Cool.

JC

Plays in traffic.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #1693
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,283
Jim..Good Write Up!

Great plain language, with a few easily understood Jimisms, description of bike and changes. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #1694
dirtybikefrank
Beast wrestler

Oddometer: 394
Anyone else????!!

Is there anyone else that got in on the origional order that's still waiting on delivery?

Haven't gotten any response regarding which stage of production my iice air is in.

Just wanted to see if I was the only one leaving the mailbox daily feeling dejected....
Old 11-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #1695
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 15,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtybikefrank View Post
Is there anyone else that got in on the origional order that's still waiting on delivery?

Haven't gotten any response regarding which stage of production my iice air is in.

Just wanted to see if I was the only one leaving the mailbox daily feeling dejected....
Dude... when Poolside ships a batch, he updates this thread with a list of who it went out to. No point in checking your mailbox for a unit until you've seen your initial on the list. Yes, I am also waiting on a unit.