User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #2071
Lonestar2112
B_nned Camp Parolee

Oddometer: 6,071
PS and JJ, I too was in a later group. It was my fault, I waited until you were in production. I knew that the production was to be done in small lots. I am very thankful to have mine. Keep up the good work. I now know that you really know your shit, well except for JJ (marketing has to be given some crap. ). I want/am going to be in the first lot for the Coolz units.

Keep up the good work!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #2072
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 14,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
snip
I now know that you really know your shit, well except for JJ (marketing has to be given some crap. ). snip
Keep up the good work!
And THAT'S why I make the BIG $$$.

JJ
Old 12-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #2073
freedomtwoup
freedomtwoup

Oddometer: 95
How will this gizmo help with the gas fumes which I now have after installing the Remus Full System?

Love the anticipation . . .

Mainly, Enjoy the Holidays , your Family and Life,

David
Old 12-21-2011, 08:18 PM   #2074
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomtwoup View Post

How will this gizmo help with the gas fumes which I now have after installing the Remus Full System?
Hey there, David. A friend of mine asked me about this the other day. My response is copied below. Maybe it will be useful.

You smell gasoline? Or you smell hydrocarbons in the exhaust? Plain evaporating gasoline has bright notes. Hydrocarbon in the exhaust is softer, like it has a little snuffed candle aroma mixed in.

Also, exhaust gasses can be smelled only when the motor is running. If gasoline aroma is evident a few minutes after shutting down the motor then the source usually isn't the exhaust. (That is, unless a fuel injector was stuck open on a 4-6-or 8cyl while the motor was running. If that is the case, unburned fuel collects in the exhaust system and the vapor exiting exhaust is so rich that it's unbreathable.)

The Intake Air Temp offset from the IICE Air does cause the ECU to mix a slightly richer batch of fuel, the ratio is based on air density.

If you are not running a catalyst, with the IICE Air temperature offset it is normal to smell a little more unburned hydrocarbons in the exhaust. Which doesn't quite smell like gasoline, I mean it's slightly similar, but easily distinguishable.

If the catalyst is in place, there can be a 'rotten eggs' smell. Which is a similar aroma to the sulfur dioxide odorant for the natural gas piped to your home. With the slightly richer combustion mixture from the negative temp offset, the catalyst gets very little to no oxygen in the exhaust to work with. The result are some smelly oxides in the exhaust built from CO, CO2, and NOx.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation

Poolside screwed with this post 12-22-2011 at 02:38 AM
Old 12-22-2011, 02:47 AM   #2075
Poolside OP
Syndicated

The last batch of the original orders are done, and shipping today, Thursday.

Parts for the Final Sale build are ordered. Depending on when the various parts arrive, at least some assembly steps should start next week. I'll post up one big list of customer initials and destination states.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 12-22-2011, 02:49 AM   #2076
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 7,833
How many in the Final Order batch (inquiring Ice Cool folks want to know ;)).

slowoldguy screwed with this post 12-22-2011 at 06:58 AM
Old 12-22-2011, 03:05 AM   #2077
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post

How many in the Final Order batch (inquiring Ice Cool folks want to know ;)).
134, I think.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:25 AM   #2078
MotoBoss
Tundra Thumper

Oddometer: 3,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
The last batch of the original orders are done, and shipping today, Thursday.

Parts for the Final Sale build are ordered. Depending on when the various parts arrive, at least some assembly steps should start next week. I'll post up one big list of customer initials and destination states.

I know it's a pain in the ass but could you post a customer initial list of those who's part are being shipped today? Don't know where I was on the order list and would like to have an idea of when I can get this puppy installed. Thank you
DONATE TO ADVRider
Old 12-22-2011, 06:45 AM   #2079
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBoss View Post

I know it's a pain in the ass but could you post a customer initial list of those who's part are being shipped today? Don't know where I was on the order list and would like to have an idea of when I can get this puppy installed. Thank you
I already did, look back a few pages or so.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #2080
MotoBoss
Tundra Thumper

Oddometer: 3,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
I already did, look back a few pages or so.

Thank you
DONATE TO ADVRider
Old 12-30-2011, 05:44 AM   #2081
mag00
Outa Control Dave

Oddometer: 414
Any update on when the next batch will ship and to whom?
09 R1200GSA
IBA #25226
Old 12-30-2011, 05:49 AM   #2082
bracky72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 793
I've ridden a good bit with the iice air and found the 20 degree offset to rich for my 2011 GSA. My indicated mileage dropped from 45+ for each tank to 35-36 mpg. A sudden crack of the throttle would actually make the engine choke and sputter on to much fuel. I set it to 10 degrees and I think I'm in the sweet spot as far as the way it runs but my mileage is still suffering. The price you pay for more response I guess.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:17 AM   #2083
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracky72 View Post
I've ridden a good bit with the iice air and found the 20 degree offset to rich for my 2011 GSA.

My indicated mileage dropped from 45+ for each tank to 35-36 mpg. A sudden crack of the throttle would actually make the engine choke and sputter on to much fuel. I set it to 10 degrees and I think I'm in the sweet spot as far as the way it runs but my mileage is still suffering. The price you pay for more response I guess.
Thanks for the report! Glad you are enjoying it.

Here's something to note. By twisting the throttle for more response you cause your own increased costs. Seriously, a reduction of 15-20mpg is easily accomplished on a stock bike with liberal throttle use. Quite literally, the price you pay for more response.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:18 AM   #2084
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag00 View Post

Any update on when the next batch will ship and to whom?
Are you subscribed to the thread, mag00?

Old 12-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #2085
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 7,833
Quote:
A sudden crack of the throttle would actually make the engine choke and sputter on to much fuel.
Now that's a reason to change the setting. Or maybe check for something else. Did that go away after the change? I'm set at -20 and have had no such problems.

I'm interested in playing with the settings just to see what happens since my bike has a full remus with a wrapped header. But my mileage has always sucked due to my ham-fisted "style" so I've only noticed a mile or two drop. But, yeah, I've been twisting it even harder than usual. Sure is fun.

I have seen sub-30 mpg several times before and after the iice and I've seen 40+ before the iice (as high as 43). Uhhhh.....no 40+ after the iice but then again, I think I know why. lol

Usually 33-36 after the Remus (also probably due to the right wrist). Still within that mpg range with the iice.

Oh, yeah. I am running a TKC front, and I have a a 4+ Cee Bailey's and huge Cee Bailey's wings. I'm still past due for a throttle body sync, too. Those things are probably worth 3-5 mpg.

slowoldguy screwed with this post 12-30-2011 at 07:52 AM
Closed Thread