ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 04:55 AM   #2281
Poolside OP
Syndicated
 
Poolside's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 11,736
Assembly report.

Ok, I saw that I was going to miss the Saturday cutoff for shipping, and this was a 3-day weekend. (I'm hoping that will sort of explain itself. ) The delivery dates will push up a couple days, But I still might be able to pull off the overall schedule. Anyway, I got back this afternoon and am just finishing up a 10-hour shift building these IICE Airs. It's 5am here and I'm calling it a day.


__________________

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #2282
Lonestar2112
scatology expert
 
Lonestar2112's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ventura County CA
Oddometer: 6,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
You know, you Texas boys could always sort it out with a cage match. Or maybe a drinkin' match. Chili cook-off?

Can I watch the non-Texans doing the judging. That would be worth the cost of a trip to Texas.
__________________
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...SKgzdmS9ir0XK3

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #2283
MotoBoss
Bad Influence
 
MotoBoss's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Mid South Indiana
Oddometer: 3,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Assembly report.

Ok, I saw that I was going to miss the Saturday cutoff for shipping, and this was a 3-day weekend. (I'm hoping that will sort of explain itself. ) The delivery dates will push up a couple days, But I still might be able to pull off the overall schedule. Anyway, I got back this afternoon and am just finishing up a 10-hour shift building these IICE Airs. It's 5am here and I'm calling it a day.



No problem, whats another week! Get some rest..................................ok enough
__________________
Adventure Before Dementia
MotoBossMotoBlog

AdventureRiderRadio
Donate To ADV



MotoBoss is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #2284
TuefelHunden
Studly Adventurer
 
TuefelHunden's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Oddometer: 587
I was one of the initial testers of the Booster Plug on Triumph Tigers. Lots of guys said it was fantastic but I didn't see much difference. All the Booster Plug does is fool the ECU about the air box temp. I'll admit I didn't read ALL the posts on the IICE Air but it sure looks like it is doing the exact same thing only with multiple negative thermistors rather than BP's one. Am I wrong???? Did I miss something????
__________________
Old, but not Dead
TuefelHunden is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #2285
Poolside OP
Syndicated
 
Poolside's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 11,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuefelHunden View Post

I was one of the initial testers of the Booster Plug on Triumph Tigers. Lots of guys said it was fantastic but I didn't see much difference.

All the Booster Plug does is fool the ECU about the air box temp. I'll admit I didn't read ALL the posts on the IICE Air but it sure looks like it is doing the exact same thing only with multiple negative thermistors rather than BP's one. Am I wrong???? Did I miss something????
Well I think for starters they are two different motorcycles, the air-cooled GS and the water-cooled Triumph Tiger I mean. But that's too easy, so let's get into it a little.

Just to clear this up, "Lots of guys" on which bikes? Tigers, or air cooled BMWs like the S and GS?


__________________

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #2286
jadoca
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Oddometer: 80
Give everyone who is still waiting on the Aire there money back. On with the COOL!
jadoca is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #2287
Poolside OP
Syndicated
 
Poolside's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 11,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadoca View Post

Give everyone who is still waiting on the Aire there money back. On with the COOL!
Heh heh, oh sure! So who's going to fight off those people? I ain't getting in that cage!


__________________

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 08:00 AM   #2288
ghostrider1964
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
Can I watch the non-Texans doing the judging. That would be worth the cost of a trip to Texas.
Hmmm...maybe we need another cattleguard drag race...SOG does not know CHILI Might be able to distinguish a McRib from real Q on good day
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , KTM 525EXC
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #2289
ghostrider1964
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Heh heh, oh sure! So who's going to fight off those people? I ain't getting in that cage!

PICK ME! PICK ME!!! If I need help, I will get BigDaveGS
PS: Cost ya a COOL...lol
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , KTM 525EXC
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #2290
Lonestar2112
scatology expert
 
Lonestar2112's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ventura County CA
Oddometer: 6,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
Hmmm...maybe we need another cattleguard drag race...SOG does not know CHILI Might be able to distinguish a McRib from real Q on good day
I'll volunteer. I know the difference between brisket done over Oak versus done over Hickory.
__________________
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...SKgzdmS9ir0XK3

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #2291
slowoldguy
Tire Tester
 
slowoldguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: West of Waco, Texas
Oddometer: 8,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
PICK ME! PICK ME!!! If I need help, I will get BigDaveGS
PS: Cost ya a COOL...lol

Yeah. Pick those two. I'm not in their weight class (or height class). At 6'3" 244 I look like a pygmy. Technically speaking, they is some giant MF's.
__________________
RTB V- The Texas ADV Rally- Hurry before we fuck this up!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
"If you can't fix it with a hammer you can damn sure teach it a lesson".

slowoldguy screwed with this post 02-22-2012 at 10:34 AM
slowoldguy is online now  
Old 02-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #2292
TuefelHunden
Studly Adventurer
 
TuefelHunden's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Oddometer: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuefelHunden View Post
I was one of the initial testers of the Booster Plug on Triumph Tigers. Lots of guys said it was fantastic but I didn't see much difference. All the Booster Plug does is fool the ECU about the air box temp. I'll admit I didn't read ALL the posts on the IICE Air but it sure looks like it is doing the exact same thing only with multiple negative thermistors rather than BP's one. Am I wrong???? Did I miss something????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Well I think for starters they are two different motorcycles, the air-cooled GS and the water-cooled Triumph Tiger I mean. But that's too easy, so let's get into it a little.

Just to clear this up, "Lots of guys" on which bikes? Tigers, or air cooled BMWs like the S and GS?
Lets do clear some things up. Number one the BP on the Tiger was the exact same gismo as on air cooled BMWs only with a different negative slope thermistor. The BP changes the data going to the ECU whether one, two, or 50 cylinders taken (water, air, or oil cooled) from the incoming air stream so that the ECU will make adjustments accordingly. That sure sounds like what the IICE is doing. That has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Tigers or GS's and everything to do with their EFI. Those lots of guys were on Tigers. In about 45 years of riding I have noticed a thing or two about new gismos. When new they always seem to get enthusiastic reviews. After a while people tend to look at things more objectively.
I asked a simple question, do the BP and IICE work in a similar manner? Bet I don't get that answer.
__________________
Old, but not Dead
TuefelHunden is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #2293
slowoldguy
Tire Tester
 
slowoldguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: West of Waco, Texas
Oddometer: 8,144
Bet you do.

If you did read the thread you'd see the similarities between the BP and the Aire have been discussed, and also the differences (adjustability for one). You'd also see the purpose of this device is to work with the next device, the "cool".

I suspect you're not here investigating a purchase decision. Go piss in somebody else's cheerios.
__________________
RTB V- The Texas ADV Rally- Hurry before we fuck this up!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
"If you can't fix it with a hammer you can damn sure teach it a lesson".
slowoldguy is online now  
Old 02-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #2294
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: NE Oregon
Oddometer: 5,116
Actually You Already Have

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuefelHunden View Post
Lets do clear some things up. Number one the BP on the Tiger was the exact same gismo as on air cooled BMWs only with a different negative slope thermistor. The BP changes the data going to the ECU whether one, two, or 50 cylinders taken (water, air, or oil cooled) from the incoming air stream so that the ECU will make adjustments accordingly. That sure sounds like what the IICE is doing. That has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Tigers or GS's and everything to do with their EFI. Those lots of guys were on Tigers. In about 45 years of riding I have noticed a thing or two about new gismos. When new they always seem to get enthusiastic reviews. After a while people tend to look at things more objectively.

I asked a simple question, do the BP and IICE work in a similar manner? Bet I don't get that answer.
Actually if you read the FAQs and review the millions [ok not really that many...] of posts you will see that the end game on both is similar but the IICE has adjustments to dial in what is best for your bike, the way you ride it, where you ride it and when you ride it...I have had a BP on my '07 GSA for sometime and it helped a great deal to smooth out the slow speed throttle response, less snatching when in slow speed tight, uphill climbs...and to a lesser degree to help it run cooler...I now have an IICE to install in place of the BP because I want the ability to change fuel/air depending on where and when I am riding...my riding is almost 100% off road and much of that is 2 gear stuff at low RPMs under load....

Sorry your Tiger didn't benefit from a BP...try one on your GS or GSA and get back to us...
__________________
"In Wallowas"
====================
2007 R1200GS Adventure " ...to explore off-road, alone in my case, way out in the boonies...that feeds the soul!"
Wallowa is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #2295
slowoldguy
Tire Tester
 
slowoldguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: West of Waco, Texas
Oddometer: 8,144
Just for shits and giggles, I used the "search this thread" function using "boosterplug" and "booster plug" as the search query and poolside as the author. Found plenty. Could have tried "BP" too, I guess.

Here's one result.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babo
...Booster Plug...makes certain that the ecu reads a consistant temperature regardless of ambient temps.



Yes that's right, the non-adjustable products provide a single -20C offset from the ambient temperature.

The IICE Air is adjustable to one of 4 offsets.

Set to the -20C setting, the IICE Air works the same as the non-adjustable products.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Babo
I get that yours is user adjustable and will be optimized to work with you second, forthcoming product...



That's true. But besides the -10 setting necessary to work with the IICE Cool, it's adjustable to work better over a broader temperature range.

The reduced offset of -10 works with the 'Transient Throttle Enrichment' provided by the upcoming IICE Cool.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Babo
...but wonder why are you are specifically lumping the Booster Plug into this category?



I don't think I am, Booster Plug isn't in that category. It isn't adjustable, and will not work with the upcoming IICE Cool.


Gee. Took me all of 15 seconds to find several posts.
__________________
RTB V- The Texas ADV Rally- Hurry before we fuck this up!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
"If you can't fix it with a hammer you can damn sure teach it a lesson".

slowoldguy screwed with this post 02-22-2012 at 11:28 AM
slowoldguy is online now  
Closed Thread

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014