Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 04:55 AM   #2281
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,736
Assembly report.

Ok, I saw that I was going to miss the Saturday cutoff for shipping, and this was a 3-day weekend. (I'm hoping that will sort of explain itself. ) The delivery dates will push up a couple days, But I still might be able to pull off the overall schedule. Anyway, I got back this afternoon and am just finishing up a 10-hour shift building these IICE Airs. It's 5am here and I'm calling it a day.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 02-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #2282
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
You know, you Texas boys could always sort it out with a cage match. Or maybe a drinkin' match. Chili cook-off?

Can I watch the non-Texans doing the judging. That would be worth the cost of a trip to Texas.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Old 02-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #2283
MotoBoss
Bad Influence

Oddometer: 3,373
Quote:
Assembly report.

Ok, I saw that I was going to miss the Saturday cutoff for shipping, and this was a 3-day weekend. (I'm hoping that will sort of explain itself. ) The delivery dates will push up a couple days, But I still might be able to pull off the overall schedule. Anyway, I got back this afternoon and am just finishing up a 10-hour shift building these IICE Airs. It's 5am here and I'm calling it a day.

No problem, whats another week! Get some rest..................................ok enough

AdventureRiderRadio
Donate To ADV

Old 02-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #2284
TuefelHunden
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 587
I was one of the initial testers of the Booster Plug on Triumph Tigers. Lots of guys said it was fantastic but I didn't see much difference. All the Booster Plug does is fool the ECU about the air box temp. I'll admit I didn't read ALL the posts on the IICE Air but it sure looks like it is doing the exact same thing only with multiple negative thermistors rather than BP's one. Am I wrong???? Did I miss something????
Old 02-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #2285
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuefelHunden View Post

I was one of the initial testers of the Booster Plug on Triumph Tigers. Lots of guys said it was fantastic but I didn't see much difference.

All the Booster Plug does is fool the ECU about the air box temp. I'll admit I didn't read ALL the posts on the IICE Air but it sure looks like it is doing the exact same thing only with multiple negative thermistors rather than BP's one. Am I wrong???? Did I miss something????
Well I think for starters they are two different motorcycles, the air-cooled GS and the water-cooled Triumph Tiger I mean. But that's too easy, so let's get into it a little.

Just to clear this up, "Lots of guys" on which bikes? Tigers, or air cooled BMWs like the S and GS?

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 02-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #2286
jadoca
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Give everyone who is still waiting on the Aire there money back. On with the COOL!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #2287
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadoca View Post

Give everyone who is still waiting on the Aire there money back. On with the COOL!
Heh heh, oh sure! So who's going to fight off those people? I ain't getting in that cage!

Old 02-22-2012, 08:00 AM   #2288
ghostrider1964
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
Can I watch the non-Texans doing the judging. That would be worth the cost of a trip to Texas.
Hmmm...maybe we need another cattleguard drag race...SOG does not know CHILI Might be able to distinguish a McRib from real Q on good day
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
Old 02-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #2289
ghostrider1964
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,371
Quote:
Heh heh, oh sure! So who's going to fight off those people? I ain't getting in that cage!

PICK ME! PICK ME!!! If I need help, I will get BigDaveGS
PS: Cost ya a COOL...lol
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
Old 02-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #2290
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
Hmmm...maybe we need another cattleguard drag race...SOG does not know CHILI Might be able to distinguish a McRib from real Q on good day
I'll volunteer. I know the difference between brisket done over Oak versus done over Hickory.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Old 02-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #2291
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
PICK ME! PICK ME!!! If I need help, I will get BigDaveGS
PS: Cost ya a COOL...lol

Yeah. Pick those two. I'm not in their weight class (or height class). At 6'3" 244 I look like a pygmy. Technically speaking, they is some giant MF's.

slowoldguy screwed with this post 02-22-2012 at 10:34 AM
Old 02-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #2292
TuefelHunden
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 587
Quote:
I was one of the initial testers of the Booster Plug on Triumph Tigers. Lots of guys said it was fantastic but I didn't see much difference. All the Booster Plug does is fool the ECU about the air box temp. I'll admit I didn't read ALL the posts on the IICE Air but it sure looks like it is doing the exact same thing only with multiple negative thermistors rather than BP's one. Am I wrong???? Did I miss something????
Quote:
Well I think for starters they are two different motorcycles, the air-cooled GS and the water-cooled Triumph Tiger I mean. But that's too easy, so let's get into it a little.

Just to clear this up, "Lots of guys" on which bikes? Tigers, or air cooled BMWs like the S and GS?
Lets do clear some things up. Number one the BP on the Tiger was the exact same gismo as on air cooled BMWs only with a different negative slope thermistor. The BP changes the data going to the ECU whether one, two, or 50 cylinders taken (water, air, or oil cooled) from the incoming air stream so that the ECU will make adjustments accordingly. That sure sounds like what the IICE is doing. That has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Tigers or GS's and everything to do with their EFI. Those lots of guys were on Tigers. In about 45 years of riding I have noticed a thing or two about new gismos. When new they always seem to get enthusiastic reviews. After a while people tend to look at things more objectively.
I asked a simple question, do the BP and IICE work in a similar manner? Bet I don't get that answer.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #2293
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Bet you do.

If you did read the thread you'd see the similarities between the BP and the Aire have been discussed, and also the differences (adjustability for one). You'd also see the purpose of this device is to work with the next device, the "cool".

I suspect you're not here investigating a purchase decision. Go piss in somebody else's cheerios.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #2294
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,116
Actually You Already Have

Quote:
Lets do clear some things up. Number one the BP on the Tiger was the exact same gismo as on air cooled BMWs only with a different negative slope thermistor. The BP changes the data going to the ECU whether one, two, or 50 cylinders taken (water, air, or oil cooled) from the incoming air stream so that the ECU will make adjustments accordingly. That sure sounds like what the IICE is doing. That has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Tigers or GS's and everything to do with their EFI. Those lots of guys were on Tigers. In about 45 years of riding I have noticed a thing or two about new gismos. When new they always seem to get enthusiastic reviews. After a while people tend to look at things more objectively.

I asked a simple question, do the BP and IICE work in a similar manner? Bet I don't get that answer.
Actually if you read the FAQs and review the millions [ok not really that many...] of posts you will see that the end game on both is similar but the IICE has adjustments to dial in what is best for your bike, the way you ride it, where you ride it and when you ride it...I have had a BP on my '07 GSA for sometime and it helped a great deal to smooth out the slow speed throttle response, less snatching when in slow speed tight, uphill climbs...and to a lesser degree to help it run cooler...I now have an IICE to install in place of the BP because I want the ability to change fuel/air depending on where and when I am riding...my riding is almost 100% off road and much of that is 2 gear stuff at low RPMs under load....

Sorry your Tiger didn't benefit from a BP...try one on your GS or GSA and get back to us...
Old 02-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #2295
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Just for shits and giggles, I used the "search this thread" function using "boosterplug" and "booster plug" as the search query and poolside as the author. Found plenty. Could have tried "BP" too, I guess.

Here's one result.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babo
...Booster Plug...makes certain that the ecu reads a consistant temperature regardless of ambient temps.

Yes that's right, the non-adjustable products provide a single -20C offset from the ambient temperature.

The IICE Air is adjustable to one of 4 offsets.

Set to the -20C setting, the IICE Air works the same as the non-adjustable products.

Quote:
I get that yours is user adjustable and will be optimized to work with you second, forthcoming product...

That's true. But besides the -10 setting necessary to work with the IICE Cool, it's adjustable to work better over a broader temperature range.

The reduced offset of -10 works with the 'Transient Throttle Enrichment' provided by the upcoming IICE Cool.

Quote:
...but wonder why are you are specifically lumping the Booster Plug into this category?

I don't think I am, Booster Plug isn't in that category. It isn't adjustable, and will not work with the upcoming IICE Cool.

Gee. Took me all of 15 seconds to find several posts.

slowoldguy screwed with this post 02-22-2012 at 11:28 AM
Closed Thread