Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #2371
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,085
Interesting..Just Dawned On Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by opposedcyljunkie View Post
I'm happy with the 10. Might as well get used to it anyway since the Cool will only work with the 10 setting

This is an interesting fact that blew by me...but I believe it will work in my favor..since I looking for better throttle control and perhaps a cooler running engine off road under hot conditions and heavy slow speed loads...being "stuck" with '-10' in conjunction with the Cool is an advantage...since -10 is for the hottest conditions..

PS and JJ tell me when to send in $$$ for a Cool! And again, like so many have said: Thanks.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #2372
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden View Post

Have any of you recent installers messed with the -10C degree setting or are you just leaving at -20C and feeling smug??
Quote:
Originally Posted by opposedcyljunkie View Post

I'm happy with the -10C. Might as well get used to it anyway since the Cool will only work with the -10C setting.
You're right about one thing OCJ. When the IICE Air and IICE Cool are both installed, the IICE Air should be on the -10C setting.

But the thing is, it isn't about having to 'get used to' the -10C setting. Because when the Air and Cool are both installed, the -10C setting on the Air works better than the -20C setting.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 03-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #2373
opposedcyljunkie
Heavyweight Boxer

Oddometer: 4,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
You're right about one thing OCJ. When the IICE Air and IICE Cool are both installed, the IICE Air should be on the -10C setting.

But the thing is, it isn't about having to 'get used to' the -10C setting. Because when the Air and Cool are both installed, the -10C setting on the Air works better than the -20C setting.

Excellent point made PS. I shall revert to the -20 setting until summer, when the Cools starts shiping out! :-) I have to admit though that low speed throttle control seems to be a wee bit better at the -20 setting, at the expense of slightly higher fuel consumption...

Via Tapatalk
05 Yamaha Fazer FZS-1000
07 R1200GS
Old 03-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #2374
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Please Explain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post

-20 vs -10....for two different ambient temp ranges as I understood it...does the addition of the Cool change the IICE setting [-10 vs -20] temperature ranges? So that with the Cool the IICE @ -10 is not for high air temps but for the lower -20 temp range?
Old 03-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #2375
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,343
When used by itself, the IICE Air has 3 temperature adjustments, of which the 'factory' -20 setting is the 'normal' setting for most riding conditions.
But
When used with an IICE Cool there is just one setting that works best, the -10 setting.

When both (IICE Air & Cool) are used together, the 'overlap' of the two IICE products changes the EFI system such that the -10 setting is the best.

Of course when using the IICE Air by itself you can use any setting that works best for you and your situation.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Old 03-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #2376
ReCycled
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 406
Another happy customer here.

Simple installation and similar results as recent postings. The motor just "feels" better. Worth the investment and I will likely be a COOL customer as well.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #2377
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Understood That Part..But

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
When used by itself, the IICE Air has 3 temperature adjustments, of which the 'factory' -20 setting is the 'normal' setting for most riding conditions.
But
When used with an IICE Cool there is just one setting that works best, the -10 setting.

When both (IICE Air & Cool) are used together, the 'overlap' of the two IICE products changes the EFI system such that the -10 setting is the best.

Of course when using the IICE Air by itself you can use any setting that works best for you and your situation.

JJ
Thanks JJ...I guess what I am asking is if with the combo of the IICE and the Cool will I still be set for the really hot ambient air temps, like with only the IICE at -10?
Old 03-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #2378
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post
Thanks JJ...I guess what I am asking is if with the combo of the IICE and the Cool will I still be set for the really hot ambient air temps, like with only the IICE at -10?
Marketing sez…
Wait for it…

Yes!

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Old 03-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #2379
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
Marketing sez
Wait for it

Yes!

JJ
Thanks....
Old 03-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #2380
rickrwh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
I must reply again with another kudo. I've had this thingy installed for a couple weeks now and after riding home from work today I have to say it really does make the bike a ton more fun. I don't know if it's making more power or not but it sure as hell feels like it is and that's good enough for me.

Can't wait for the rest of your products.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:45 AM   #2381
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Assembly report.

Almost made it. This batch was to be finished with the potting operations today Thursday, but will instead be going in the epoxy fixtures tomorrow Friday. Here's where I am so far, as of about an hour ago.

Finishing up the harnesses.

And soldering them to the board assemblies.

This batch of 30-odd pieces will be curing in the first epoxy step on Friday. The full two-step process takes 2 days, and this batch will be completed and ready to ship by Sunday.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 03-09-2012, 03:36 AM   #2382
dirtyoffroad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
I know its a bit off topic,but whats up with the bottle of nitrous
Old 03-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #2383
Monsignore
Plunger Boy

Oddometer: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyoffroad View Post
You ever see "Blue Velvet?"

IBA # 55612
Old 03-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #2384
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Happy Gas..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsignore View Post
Well either it is used to make the bike go really fast or to make the rider think he is going really fast..
Old 03-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #2385
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyoffroad View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsignore View Post

I am so glad I wasn't sipping coffee at that moment.

Yea I noticed that last night while resizing the pictures, it's more prominent in the shots. I don't know, the bottle just happens to be sitting there, no particular reason. Conversation piece? Not that anyone comes in here but you guys. It's been there for years. It hasn't been filled in a while but it sure provided some entertaining recreational activities say. Once we had it in a jet boat. Then it was stationed next to the jacuzzi for a while. It's had a storied life.

Closed Thread