ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #2401
mike54
You don't get me
 
mike54's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Oddometer: 13,102
IICE Air Zygotes.
__________________
A genius is the one most like himself. - T. Monk via S. Lacy

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #2402
Poolside OP
Syndicated
 
Poolside's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 11,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden View Post

Installed a new battery this weekend, and was looking for the air temp. sensor....
Is this it? Rear/center of airbox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrydr View Post

JRWooden, Yes that is the plug for the air temp sensor. The ice air fits nice and snug on it's side in the space on the other side (front) of the air box.
Hey there, Dsrydr. Thanks for jumping in with an answer for JRW!


__________________

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #2403
kjwinsjb
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: San Juan Bautista, CA
Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReCycled View Post
Another happy customer here.

Simple installation and similar results as recent postings. The motor just "feels" better. Worth the investment and I will likely be a COOL customer as well.
+1 Thanks Poolside!
kjwinsjb is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #2404
Poolside OP
Syndicated
 
Poolside's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 11,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwinsjb View Post

+1 Thanks Poolside!
You bet. But hey don't forget JJ. Our incomparable Marketing department is primarily to blame you know.


__________________

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #2405
johnjen
Mod-U-Later
 
johnjen's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Location: Seattle
Oddometer: 15,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
You bet. But hey don't forget JJ. Our incomparable Marketing department is primarily to blame you know.

YES!




Uh, errrr, oh wait that isn't right…

JJ
__________________
• The hidden harmony is found with joy, while the obvious brings indifference.
• The farther you enter into the Truth the deeper your conviction for truth must be.
• There is understanding of the world precisely to the degree that there is understanding of the Self.

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is online now  
Old 03-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #2406
Poolside OP
Syndicated
 
Poolside's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 11,762

Quite the conundrum ain't it. Are you sure you wouldn't rather answer NO! You know you want to.


__________________

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #2407
johnjen
Mod-U-Later
 
johnjen's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Location: Seattle
Oddometer: 15,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Quite the conundrum ain't it. Are you sure you wouldn't rather answer NO! You know you want to.

YES!

er

NO!

er, wait a minute is this a trick question?

JJ
__________________
• The hidden harmony is found with joy, while the obvious brings indifference.
• The farther you enter into the Truth the deeper your conviction for truth must be.
• There is understanding of the world precisely to the degree that there is understanding of the Self.

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is online now  
Old 03-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #2408
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring
 
Treadless's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Santa Barbara Ca
Oddometer: 5,219






Yes
__________________

Treadless is offline  
Old 03-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #2409
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Oddometer: 1,678
johnjen and poolside, you've got to take this show on the road. Folks would pay good money to see and engineer and marketing as comedians.
McNeal is offline  
Old 03-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #2410
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: NE Oregon
Oddometer: 5,177
We Are

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeal View Post
johnjen and poolside, you've got to take this show on the road. Folks would pay good money to see and engineer and marketing as comedians.

We are.....
__________________
"In Wallowas"
====================
2007 R1200GS Adventure " ...to explore off-road, alone in my case, way out in the boonies...that feeds the soul!"
Wallowa is offline  
Old 03-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #2411
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring
 
Treadless's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Santa Barbara Ca
Oddometer: 5,219
Hey Poolside here's what may well be silly question but that's my job to probe into the improbable.

So what would be your take on using the IICE and the Wunderdick controller together? Would it be feasible?
__________________

Treadless is offline  
Old 03-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #2412
Poolside OP
Syndicated
 
Poolside's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 11,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadless View Post

Hey Poolside here's what may well be silly question but that's my job to probe into the improbable.

So what would be your take on using the IICE and the Wunderdick controller together? Would it be feasible?
The Dobeck/Cobra Fi2000R/FuelPak/Techlusion/Wunderlich/etc. are piggyback devices. Riding on the back of as it were of the fuel injector signal. If you have one of these products you know it's easy to overdo the extra enrichment.

The piggyback devices operate by monitoring the fuel injector pulsewidth. They calculate the cycle to cycle changes in pulsewidth. And are triggered to add more fuel if the pulsewidth rate-of-change exceeds a user-set threshold. The user adjustments set the trigger thresholds and the amount of extra injector pulsewidth. The devices attach directly, piggybacked say, to the injector wires and provide extra enrichment by holding the injector open a little longer.

Over to your question, can the IICE products work together with a 'piggyback' fuel controller? Maybe. There's a limit where additional fuel becomes too much fuel.

Maybe is no kind of answer is it. Here's something that may better answer your question. A good friend of mine had a Wunderlich on his 1150 and we removed it and installed the early prototype IICE Air and IICE Cool. He reports the result was far superior than the Wunderlich.

Of course, that could have been a user setting problem with the Wunderlich box, but knowing the guy I can confirm that was not the case.


__________________

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline  
Old 03-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #2413
Poolside OP
Syndicated
 
Poolside's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 11,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeal View Post

johnjen and poolside, you've got to take this show on the road. Folks would pay good money to see and engineer and marketing as comedians.
So you can tell us apart, he's the tall skinny guy.


__________________

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #2414
roger 04 rt
Beastly Adventurer
 
roger 04 rt's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Oddometer: 2,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
The Dobeck/Cobra Fi2000R/FuelPak/Techlusion/Wunderlich/etc. are piggyback devices. Riding on the back of as it were of the fuel injector signal. If you have one of these products you know it's easy to overdo the extra enrichment.

The piggyback devices operate by monitoring the fuel injector pulsewidth. They calculate the cycle to cycle changes in pulsewidth. And are triggered to add more fuel if the pulsewidth rate-of-change exceeds a user-set threshold. The user adjustments set the trigger thresholds and the amount of extra injector pulsewidth. The devices attach directly, piggybacked say, to the injector wires and provide extra enrichment by holding the injector open a little longer.

Over to your question, can the IICE products work together with a 'piggyback' fuel controller? Maybe. There's a limit where additional fuel becomes too much fuel.

Maybe is no kind of answer is it. Here's something that may better answer your question. A good friend of mine had a Wunderlich on his 1150 and we removed it and installed the early prototype IICE Air and IICE Cool. He reports the result was far superior than the Wunderlich.

Of course, that could have been a user setting problem with the Wunderlich box, but knowing the guy I can confirm that was not the case.

The Tech/Wunder intercept the O2 sensor but they don't seem to say what they do with the O2 signal, any thoughts?
roger 04 rt is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #2415
HD Steve
Nonposer in Training
 
HD Steve's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Desert Washington
Oddometer: 101
Wicked

woo-hoo a shipping date!! My riding buddies say it's the best thing going...Can't wait (well, I guess I MUST wait, just a little while longer)
__________________
IBA #44008
HD Steve is offline  
Closed Thread

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014