Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #2626
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBoss View Post

After many months I received mine today
Gonna got install it..............................now where are those installation instructions, hummmm.

OK I'm back ! It took all of 2 minutes to install, thanks to the great directions by kandersn. I did use a small bit of Dielectric grease on the ends for waterproofness peace of mind (which I hope is proper) and left it at which I assume is the "factory setting", -20.
Good deal, MB, that wasn't very hard.

Regarding your peace of mind, the connectors are waterproof. Waterproof as in submersible. I wouldn't recommend dielectric grease.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 04-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #2627
BenFongTorres
Banned

Oddometer: 831
PS,

Next round shipping out on the 17th as planned? That's me!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #2628
darmahman
"Illogically Deluded"

Oddometer: 2,968
No, that's me!
Old 04-15-2012, 11:28 PM   #2629
MSteven
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
You guys are behind me!
Hopefully I get my VW clutch plate and left cylinder head gasket done before it gets here, I'd hate to have the IICE Aire waiting on me to finish working on the rest of the bike.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:52 AM   #2630
MotoBoss
Bad Influence

Oddometer: 3,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Good deal, MB, that wasn't very hard.

Regarding your peace of mind, the connectors are waterproof. Waterproof as in submersible. I wouldn't recommend dielectric grease.

Thanks Poolside! What a great little gizzmo! Noticed smoother throttle and down low transition. Me likely
Anything electrical I use dielectric grease on to ,,,,,,,,well you know. Do I need to clean it off?

AdventureRiderRadio
Donate To ADV

Old 04-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #2631
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,747
One of the long term problems with dielectric grease is dirt accumulation. And if it gets in the contacts themselves instead of just the seal then it can actually degrade the electrical connection. And in some cases the grease can degrade the material in the seal itself. But I'm not familiar enough with these connectors to know if that applies in this case.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Old 04-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #2632
MotoBoss
Bad Influence

Oddometer: 3,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
One of the long term problems with dielectric grease is dirt accumulation. And if it gets in the contacts themselves instead of just the seal then it can actually degrade the electrical connection. And in some cases the grease can degrade the material in the seal itself. But I'm not familiar enough with these connectors to know if that applies in this case.

JJ

I'll pop it back off and clean it off. Better safe than sorry.......................Thanks JJ

AdventureRiderRadio
Donate To ADV

Old 04-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #2633
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBoss View Post

Thanks Poolside! What a great little gizzmo! Noticed smoother throttle and down low transition. Me likely

Anything electrical I use dielectric grease on to ,,,,,,,,well you know. Do I need to clean it off?

Cool, we're glad you like it!

I'm guessing you put dielectric grease on the contacts themselves. If so I would just leave it, Boss. Removing the grease offers new variables. For example, what are you cleaning it with? Solvent? Which kind? The connector housing has internal air space that would collect liquid in such a way that you couldn't blow it out with an air gun.

Using mechanical means like scraping or wiping? Will the tool scratch the contact plating? Or if using cloth or paper, leave insulating 'lint' behind? Will the mechanical grease removal method 'spring' the female contacts?

JJ has a point that dielectric grease collects dirt. But inside the sealed connector it isn't exposed to the elements.

Aren't you glad you asked about it?

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation

Poolside screwed with this post 04-16-2012 at 05:38 PM
Old 04-17-2012, 03:46 AM   #2634
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,662
So I finally got my purty piggy all back together. New fork tube, Fork seal, new battery, new front tire and my fancy air gizzy. I must have put lighter air in the front tire because it sure seems lighter than before. Maybe it heads skyward faster due to better oomph (thats a technical term) from a fork with a seal? maybe its cause the new battery is lighter.

Well, even with gas that is near barrel aged to perfection it ran pretty good. Seemed to smoke a bit but it likely just had to clear its throught a bit after sitting for almost a year waiting on me to get to it.

Rode it to work... It didn't want to stumble off the bottom, even when cold... Must have learned some manners sitting for so long... It seems fun to twist that go handle... not sure, let me get back to you on that.

I will likely need a new rear tire by the time the cool gizzy is here. Maybe it will get that new light air too?

I think I should zip tie that air gizzy on like a proper installer might do... or maybe I did and it blew off... can't recall. I think I need to go speed test that new light front tire... just to be safe ...

How long do I have to save for a new rear tire before that new cool gizzy is ready?
Old 04-17-2012, 07:15 AM   #2635
BenFongTorres
Banned

Oddometer: 831
Ahem...cough, cough...excuse me please, Mr. Poolside sir...I was just wondering if our prized thingamabob's are indeed shipping today as indicated.

Good weather finally AND a long awaited ship-date are making for an anxious GS owner.

BenFongTorres screwed with this post 04-17-2012 at 07:15 PM
Old 04-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #2636
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denial9xs View Post

Ahem...cough, cough...excuse me please, Mr. Poolside sir...I was just wondering if our prized thingamabob's are indeed shipping today as indicated.

Good weather finally AND a long awaited ship-date are making for an anxious GS owner.
All things are relative Curtis. Many folks over the last 300 or so orders have waited quite a bit longer. Sorry to test your resolve.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #2637
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post

I will likely need a new rear tire by the time the Cool gizzy is here. Maybe it will get that new light air too?

How long do I have to save for a new rear tire before that new Cool gizzy is ready?
Thanks for the ride report Mr. F. It's nice to get a bike back on the road!

Regarding the upcoming products, we sure plan to have them ready for Summer. This past weekend I was in the lab evaluating some additional features for the Cool and Smooth devices.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #2638
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 16,515
Mine came in the mail yesterday.

installed this morning.

initial thoughts, it was pretty rich on startup, lots of smoke ( this isnt normal)

It seems ( ever so slightly) to be a bit smoother over all, havent had a chance for any high speed fun stuff yet.

thanks for the R&D and execution guys.

Happy Holidays DrLewall !
Old 04-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #2639
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Assembly report.

This last weekend and Monday was going to be the epoxy potting steps and curing, but unfortunately I didn't get to them. This current batch was scheduled to ship today, but instead it will be this coming Tuesday.

There's a semi-valid excuse, at least I hope you'll think so. As we often do, last week JJ and I were brainstorming about the other Hotrod devices. The result is some new functions to evaluate, and I just couldn't wait. So on the one hand sorry about that, but on the other, the Cool and Smooth are one step closer.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #2640
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,286
Laugh Photos Soon on R12 GSA Installation

Hey All,

I have been getting a lot of requests for the installation photos I took when I installed the IICE Air on my '07 GSA.

Patience, Poolside will soon put together a few of the photos I sent him and post them in this thread. Producing the IICE Airs and getting them in mail is top priority.

My photos were not professional by any means, but it is an easy install and damn hard if not impossible to screw up. If I can do it anyone that is breathing can!
Closed Thread