Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #2671
thehomealien
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry James View Post
I'm sorry, but BMW makes a great motorcycle. My 07 GS Adventure has 84 thousand miles on it. yea, I got cought up in this item to improve it. Payed 80 dollars for it and waited 5 months for it. You guys complain about Touratech. I installed it and road several times, didn't see any change. Maybe it just me. go ahead and start the flaming......
HJ
It's good to hear something about this product other than back slapping.

After riding with the IICE Air for a week and switching it between 0°C and 20°C, I am pleased, but not overwhelmed. It did not part the Red Sea, it did not turn water into wine, and it did not transform my bike. It made the throttle response smoother, and that is all. For that, I like it.

I'll stay tuned for the IICE Cool and the IICE Smooth. Poolside and johnjen promise a trio of products that is greater than the sum of its parts. I hope the value of the trio is also greater than the sum of the price of the three parts. If not, the pool water drinkers will be happy to relieve me of unwanted farkles.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #2672
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehomealien View Post

It's good to hear something about this product other than back slapping.

After riding with the IICE Air for a week and switching it between 0°C and 20°C, I am pleased, but not overwhelmed. It did not part the Red Sea, it did not turn water into wine, and it did not transform my bike. It made the throttle response smoother, and that is all. For that, I like it.

I'll stay tuned for the IICE Cool and the IICE Smooth. Poolside and johnjen promise a trio of products that is greater than the sum of its parts. I hope the value of the trio is also greater than the sum of the price of the three parts. If not, the pool water drinkers will be happy to relieve me of unwanted farkles.
It sort of surprised me as well. But then, comments have more to do with the person than the product. :wink

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 04-23-2012, 05:40 AM   #2673
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,909
ok after 400 miles with it installed.

I actually think my fuel economy improved, and here is why, I can use 5th gear more now. it will pull ( lug) much easier than before. I found myself climbing hills in 5th gear, that I previously would be in 4rth gear.

with the rose colored cat plug in place, and the -20 setting, the bike still surges terribly.

with the steptoe jumper mod and the device at -20 setting, it doesnt surge, and has ever so slightly smoother power.

the throttle is still like a lightswitch at low rpms, like in a parking lot and completely ON/OFF the throttle.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #2674
Galen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
My second response.
The GS's gas gauge was dropping like a rock since initial installation. She seemed to be running strong. On the 3rd or 4th commute leg, I noticed the motor gag (for lack of a better term) during acceleration and when I hit the freeway it gurgled (another technical term) for a second or two. It just didn't seem right for the rest of the commute. I was sure something was amiss with my long neglected fuel delivery system (fuel filter, pump, hoses, etc.). I'll get around to maintenance issues in June... when I'll have time.
I parked it for a few days while I pondered what to do. Then, after revisiting this thread, I switched the jumper to the -10 degree setting and all is well again and has been for several commute cycles. It's still accelerates stronger and smoother than stock and is easier to ride slow.
I still love my middle aged GS, it's just better now.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:02 AM   #2675
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Assembly report.

Hey there folks. Here's what's going on. The plan was to get this batch into the potting procedures sometime Sunday afternoon. But I'm here to tell you that didn't happen. What did happen is I had to stand in for the building Super over the weekend while some repairs were going on.

So right now I'm in the middle of an all nighter (or at least a very late nighter) playing catch-up. It's looking like Wednesday evening for epoxy, Final test on Friday pm, and ship on Saturday am.

Here's something. When this is all over the final count for these IICE Airs will be over 300 pieces!

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 04-24-2012, 02:25 AM   #2676
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen View Post

On the 3rd or 4th commute leg, I noticed the motor gag (for lack of a better term) during acceleration and when I hit the freeway it gurgled (another technical term) for a second or two. It just didn't seem right for the rest of the commute. I was sure something was amiss with my long neglected fuel delivery system (fuel filter, pump, hoses, etc.). I'll get around to maintenance issues in June... when I'll have time.

I parked it for a few days while I pondered what to do. Then, after revisiting this thread, I switched the jumper to the -10 degree setting and all is well again and has been for several commute cycles. It's still accelerates stronger and smoother than stock and is easier to ride slow.
I still love my middle aged GS, it's just better now.
Well that's a good thing! I'm glad the -10°C setting works, but it beats me as to exactly why.

Regarding the running problems, it does seem the symptoms you describe sound like a fuel problem. Like the motor momentarily crossed the lean-limit-of-combustion threshold. Half-clogged injector maybe. Or weak/intermittent spark. Bad plug wire maybe. Those are two guesses at any rate. We can't do remote diagnosis.

From your description it does sound like combustion momentarily stopped on one cylinder.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #2677
TrainedChimp
Consistently wrong

Oddometer: 183
Feedback

I installed my ICE AIR a while ago but haven’t wanted to comment until now (because 'they' are listening). Since installing it I’ve noticed a couple of things that absolutely have to be related to this device. First my toast is too dark, yes that’s right it must be affecting my toaster oven (microwave and kitchen oven are unaffected). Second, I notice that my household florescent light bulbs are putting out about ¼ Watt extra light. Third; when the thing is installed the vacuum cleaner powers up and torments the cat ceaselessly. And fourth, finally, use of this device creates a singularity in our guest bedroom with about a 10mm event horizon.

Since the average outside temperature varies plus or minus 30 degrees right now I’d like to put it on the 20 degree setting but honestly I am afraid for the cat.

This device must have been made by Global Chemical Unlimited the makers of Happy Fun Ball.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #2678
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,512
Ok be honest here…

You DID plug the device into itself, didn't you?

And you left it that way in a Fibonacci series of timed events until IT happened.

Didn't you…!

JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainedChimp View Post
I installed my ICE AIR a while ago but haven’t wanted to comment until now (because 'they' are listening). Since installing it I’ve noticed a couple of things that absolutely have to be related to this device. First my toast is too dark, yes that’s right it must be affecting my toaster oven (microwave and kitchen oven are unaffected). Second, I notice that my household florescent light bulbs are putting out about ¼ Watt extra light. Third; when the thing is installed the vacuum cleaner powers up and torments the cat ceaselessly. And fourth, finally, use of this device creates a singularity in our guest bedroom with about a 10mm event horizon.

Since the average outside temperature varies plus or minus 30 degrees right now I’d like to put it on the 20 degree setting but honestly I am afraid for the cat.

This device must have been made by Global Chemical Unlimited the makers of Happy Fun Ball.

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Old 04-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #2679
TrainedChimp
Consistently wrong

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
Ok be honest here…

You DID plug the device into itself, didn't you?
No, but I might have let the streams cross for a second.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #2680
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainedChimp View Post
No, but I might have let the streams cross for a second.
That would be bad…

JJ

WingMakers.com
Old 04-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #2681
Parrothead
Cu Dubh

Oddometer: 432
How bad?

???
"... You can go through life fudging and evading, indulging and slacking, never really hungry nor frightened nor passionately stirred, your highest moment a sentimental orgasm and your first real contact with primary and elemental necessities the sweat of your deathbed." - H.G Wells
Old 04-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #2682
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

As in total nuclonic reversal

Yeah, that bad…

Like the complete dissolution of all matter, bad

JJ

WingMakers.com
Old 04-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #2683
TrollGSA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Remember if someone asks "Are you a god?" say YES
Old 04-25-2012, 12:17 AM   #2684
Poolside OP
Syndicated

These reported paranormal effects must be some undocumented features.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #2685
bigdave-gs
Explorer

Oddometer: 2,354
I am having a little problem with my 04 1150 GS Adventure. I put the Iice Air on my bike and now I have a little hick up right off idle, it pops back through the TB's just off idle when accelerating easy. The bike has a Remus Y-Pipe with the stock BMW can, a Uni Filter, and a Cat Code Plug. The Iice Air is set at -20. Is there a better setting to try and eleminate the hick up?

Thanks, Dave

Ridden so many bikes I lost count ! ! !
Closed Thread