Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #2731
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,011
No! Not Enzo and Juan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Missed Task, and didn't see any Oilheads with ICEE Aire modules... but the small cars over
there are awfully pretty.

But hey, if things keep working out with the ICEE product line, maybe someday you'll
get your own museum, too, just like Enzo:

Gotta love La Vita...but to freeze dry Enzo and Juan! Hey in Italia it is about image and performance...sorta..
Old 05-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #2732
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

-20 Setting @ 32 degrees Ambient

Did a brief ride today to lead in a few riders from out of town. Unfortunately it was pavement and when I found them they were at warp speed coming the opposite direction. Impressions on the this limited ride. Well, nothing really significant to report at this point. Yes, it had long legs at high speeds and it seemed docile at low RPMs/slow speeds. Coming from the BP to the IICE Air set to -20 did not produce any differences on this short [100 miles] of mainly corner carving at speed on pavement. I expected that.

I do expect that once it warms up here, once the deep snow and mud wallows dry up and once I get over this F----- flu and I can go play in the dirt, often with high temps, that I will gain the flexibility to match my fuel/air for optimal slow speed dirt dancing and hopefully to gain smoother throttle control and lower engine temps with no 'rattle' under slow speed heavy uphill loads...

But hey...it started! Oddly it did one very short stumble about 60 secs after starting...that was not repeated. It has never stumbled before.

Getting the 'best' setting with the way my bike it setup and ridden will take some time. Very curious to see how ambient temps fold into this selection and changing of settings.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #2733
Happy Wanderer
Day Dreaming.. .

Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post
Did a brief ride today to lead in a few riders from out of town. Unfortunately it was pavement and when I found them they were at warp speed coming the opposite direction. Impressions on the this limited ride. Well, nothing really significant to report at this point. Yes, it had long legs at high speeds and it seemed docile at low RPMs/slow speeds. Coming from the BP to the IICE Air set to -20 did not produce any differences on this short [100 miles] of mainly corner carving at speed on pavement. I expected that.

I do expect that once it warms up here, once the deep snow and mud wallows dry up and once I get over this F----- flu and I can go play in the dirt, often with high temps, that I will gain the flexibility to match my fuel/air for optimal slow speed dirt dancing and hopefully to gain smoother throttle control and lower engine temps with no 'rattle' under slow speed heavy uphill loads...

But hey...it started! Oddly it did one very short stumble about 60 secs after starting...that was not repeated. It has never stumbled before.

Getting the 'best' setting with the way my bike it setup and ridden will take some time. Very curious to see how ambient temps fold into this selection and changing of settings.
The booster plug and the IIce Air set to -20 are the same thing. There should be no difference and you've confirmed it.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #2734
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

True..BUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer View Post
The booster plug and the IIce Air set to -20 are the same thing. There should be no difference and you've confirmed it.

True at -20, my seat of the pants impression was that they were the same...happily when I go out in 90-100 degrees in first and second gear over mountains of dirt and rock the adjustability of the IICE Air will win the day and make my riding sooooooo much smoother! Plus I hate hearing the boxer rattle on those spots where I can't carry speed and need that low RPM torque grunt under load to bail my butt out !

I be happy and await the Cool.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:09 AM   #2735
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer View Post

That's true Happy Wanderer.

The -20 setting on the IICE Air is the functional equivalent of the other competitive products. But there is an important thing to note. The Air is adjustable to -10C, and that enables it to work together with the upcoming products.

The Air and Cool work together optimally with the Air at the -10C setting. That's the primary reason the IICE Air is adjustable, so it works together with the IICE Cool.

The Cool improves the ECU control of Transient Throttle Enrichment. TTE is a fancy name, and is the electronic equivalent to an accelerator pump on a carburetor.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 05-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #2736
J-Dub
Combat Commuter

Oddometer: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
TTE is a fancy name, and is the electronic equivalent to an accelerator pump on a carburetor.

Whatever. When can we buy it??!
1965 Triumph TR-6 S/R
Old 05-07-2012, 02:10 AM   #2737
Chubb1
Going going gone

Oddometer: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
I'm with him. It's like the proverbial "Are we there yet dad?."
Old 05-08-2012, 05:45 AM   #2738
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,451
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubb1 View Post

What, you two didn't get yours yet....

Oops...

Me neither

Old 05-08-2012, 06:47 AM   #2739
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubb1 View Post

And of course the proverbial answer is, soon, soon.

I'm doing what I can to get these last 2.5 batches out so we can get rolling on the Cool and Smooth.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 05-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #2740
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Assembly report.

Today is Tuesday, and I wasn't able to get this batch of 30 ready to ship today. But, I've cancelled my other duties this week in order to take care of some family matters going on. And there will be time in between to work on assembly. Friday, I'm shooting for Friday.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:00 AM   #2741
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
What, you two didn't get yours yet....

Oops...

Me neither

This crowd's gonna tar and feather you if you keep that up.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #2742
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring

Oddometer: 5,172
Quote:
This crowd's gonna tar and feather you if you keep that up.

He's safe, you on the other hand....

Old 05-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #2743
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadless View Post

He's safe, you on the other hand....
I think you may be right about that.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #2744
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,192
Quote:
And of course the proverbial answer is, soon, soon.

Here's a novel idea...

Stop wasting damn time doing "Marketing's" job... put the computer away and get the hell back to your little work space in the garage and buckle down young man! ...

Every time I see this thread up near the top of page 1 I think that maybe there's been a development in the new "upcoming" product line. Then, when I check to see what's up I find you dickin' off again! Come on man, get with the program. This constant stress and anxiety isn't good for a man in my condition.

"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Old 05-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #2745
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,192
Oh, and BTW, can I expect the same 3 week turnaround that I got when I ordered the IICE Air?

"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Closed Thread