Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #2746
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post

Here's a novel idea...

Stop wasting damn time doing "Marketing's" job... put the computer away and get the hell back to your little work space in the garage and buckle down young man! ...l

Oh, and BTW, can I expect the same 3 week turnaround that I got when I ordered the IICE Air?
Did you hear that JJ, Randy misses you. Any new developments you'd like to share?

And yes, we're going to continue to aim high. 

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 05-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #2747
opposedcyljunkie
Heavyweight Boxer

Oddometer: 4,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
The Air and Cool work together optimally with the Air at the -10C setting. That's the primary reason the IICE Air is adjustable, so it works together with the IICE Cool.

The Air stops being adjustable once the Cool is installed
05 Yamaha Fazer FZS-1000
07 R1200GS
Old 05-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #2748
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,283
Interesting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by opposedcyljunkie View Post
The Air stops being adjustable once the Cool is installed
Interesting...I was about to ask that...adjusting for temp is primary value for me..
Old 05-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #2749
opposedcyljunkie
Heavyweight Boxer

Oddometer: 4,776
As PS said many times before, the Air must be set at -10deg when used together with the Cool. Otherwise, the mixture will be way too rich. I guess we can experiment once we get the Cool

BTW, I came from a 600 mile ride last weekend, covering areas with an ambient temp range of 16C to 38C. My Air was at the standard -20C setting. Frankly, I did not notice any performance difference in riding through that temp range. Meaning, i don't think it is necessary to change the Air's temp setting as ambient temps change.
05 Yamaha Fazer FZS-1000
07 R1200GS

opposedcyljunkie screwed with this post 05-08-2012 at 09:38 PM
Old 05-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #2750
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by opposedcyljunkie View Post

As PS said many times before, the Air must be set at -10deg when used together with the Cool.

I guess we can experiment once we get the Cool.
Yes, that's the thing. A couple of folks prefer using the -30C or -10C setting the majority of the time.

We've said it a number of different ways, here's another variation:
The -30C setting is for when it's crazy cold outside.
The -10C setting is to work with the IICE Cool.
The -20C setting is for the rest of the time.

Though people have gone 'off book' and tried the settings as they saw fit. And that's cool too.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 05-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #2751
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Sorry...I Am Foggy On This PS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Yes, that's the thing. A couple of folks prefer using the -30C or -10C setting the majority of the time.

We've said it a number of different ways, here's another variation:
The -30C setting is for when it's crazy cold outside.
The -10C setting is to work with the IICE Cool.
The -20C setting is for the rest of the time.

Though people have gone 'off book' and tried the settings as they saw fit. And that's cool too.

Originally we had -10 for "Really Hot = Summer"; -30 for "Really Cold = Winter" and -20 for "Rest of the Time" [from a previous discussion on this topic].

#1 So if we install the Cool when it becomes available and it requires the IICE AIr to be only in the -10 offset position will this as originally stated mean this combination is for "Really Hot = Summer" conditions?

#2 With the Cool installed which must be used in conjunction with the IICE Air in only -10 offset, will we lose the ability to adjust for "Really Cold = Winter" [-30] and "Rest of the Time" [-20] conditions?

As I understood the IICE Air would benefit my air/fuel mixture; with adjustability to match a range of ambient temps. I was looking for help under the "Really Hot = Summer" riding conditons when my hot motor would try to self-digest itself. Hopefully with Cool I will still have what I was looking for.

Any claification of my misconceptions would be appreciated.

Wallowa screwed with this post 05-09-2012 at 02:01 PM
Old 05-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #2752
BenFongTorres
Banned

Oddometer: 831

Yeah...what he said.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #2753
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,742
Really Hot summer,
as in the middle of the desert,
in July,
in a heat wave, hot

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Old 05-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #2754
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

JJ...Ah, The Meaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
Really Hot summer,
as in the middle of the desert,
in July,
in a heat wave, hot…

JJ
JJ,

Too cryptic for me...do you mean that -10 IICE Air + Cool will be an offset that will adjust the motor's A/F on my bike at an optimal ratio when ridden during a "Really Hot Summer...as in middle of the desert, in July, in a heat wave, hot" ???

Man, I hope that what you meant...cuz that is when I do ride my bike off road, up grades, under a load in 1-2 gear and at low RPMs...
Old 05-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #2755
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

The -10 setting is for, Really Hot, as in the middle of summer, in the desert, in a heat wave HOT.
Just as the -30 setting is for REALLY Cold as in the middle of winter during sub zero temperatures COLD.

There is NO MENTION of any other device in the above descriptions.

BUT when used WITH the IICE Cool then the -10 is the setting to use ALL THE TIME.

These are the RECOMMENDED uses for the -10 & -20 & -30 settings

YMMV

JJ

WingMakers.com
Old 05-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #2756
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

OK..Thanks..Think I Got It...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
The -10 setting is for, Really Hot, as in the middle of summer, in the desert, in a heat wave HOT.
Just as the -30 setting is for REALLY Cold as in the middle of winter during sub zero temperatures COLD.

There is NO MENTION of any other device in the above descriptions.

BUT when used WITH the IICE Cool then the -10 is the setting to use ALL THE TIME.

These are the RECOMMENDED uses for the -10 & -20 & -30 settings

YMMV

JJ
OK, OK....

"BUT when used WITH the IICE Cool then the -10 is the setting to use ALL THE TIME."...This means this combination will provide for the optimal F/A ratio under all ambient temperatures; including scalding ass hot!...got it ..I think..

Thanks..
Old 05-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #2757
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post

{snip}

Every time I see this thread up near the top of page 1 I think that maybe there's been a development in the new "upcoming" product line. Then, when I check to see what's up I find you dickin' off again! Come on man, get with the program. This constant stress and anxiety isn't good for a man in my condition.

Same here. PS, will you be sending a PM or email to those of us that got the air? I check this thread out of fear that I will miss out on the initial batch of cools.

Any sense at all for when the Cool will come to market?

I'm actually not impatient, I know you are diligently working away but I am like a kid on the day before Christmas waiting for the latest word on the cool.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #2758
TrainedChimp
Consistently wrong

Oddometer: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeazyBuddha View Post

Same here. PS, will you be sending a PM or email to those of us that got the air? I check this thread out of fear that I will miss out on the initial batch of cools.
Ditto. Would like to check out of this thread but don't want to miss out. You'd think someone would take the marketing opportunity to collect the names of those interested in the Cool. Hint, again.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #2759
Monsignore
Plunger Boy

Oddometer: 901
I've had my IICE Air since last summer; while I'm generally pleased with the increase in performance, my penis has only increased about 20% in length and girth. Will the IICE Cool increase both stamina and sensitivity?

IBA # 55612
Old 05-09-2012, 10:54 PM   #2760
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainedChimp View Post
Ditto. Would like to check out of this thread but don't want to miss out. You'd think someone would take the marketing opportunity to collect the names of those interested in the Cool. Hint, again.
So speaking as the head of the marketing dept. and also being one who KNOWS how to relagate and delegate with the best of them, are you willing to step up and volunteer your time and services for this heavily service oriented task?

Hmmmmmmmm?

I'm just curious is all

JJ

WingMakers.com
Closed Thread