User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #3091
stan23
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Hi, it's not clear but is the ice air available now or in preorder status?

//Nevermind, according to http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667661, you have 11 left.

Just placed my order!

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #3092
Monsignore
Plunger Boy

Oddometer: 901
I searched the thread but couldn't find the answer;

When doing a TB sync do I need to set the IICE AIRE to 0* (The "pretend it's not installed" setting) or can I leave it at the -20* setting?

Thanks.

IBA # 55612
Old 09-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #3093
rutard
Magnanimous Madcap

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsignore View Post
When doing a TB sync do I need to set the IICE AIRE to 0* (The "pretend it's not installed" setting) or can I leave it at the -20* setting?
I sync mine setup the way I ride it.

When TB Syncing you are doing two things: setting idle RPM and equalizing the vacuum pressure of air intake to each head.

I cannot see how the IICE Aire would affect the pressure differential between the heads. It may affect idle RPM, but I am not a scientist.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #3094
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan23 View Post

Just placed my order!

Thanks!
Thanks for your order, Stan! We appreciate it.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 09-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #3095
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsignore View Post

When doing a TB sync do I need to set the IICE AIRE to 0 (The "pretend it's not installed" setting) or can I leave it at the -20 setting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutard View Post

When TB Syncing you are doing two things: setting idle RPM and equalizing the vacuum pressure of air intake to each head.

I cannot see how the IICE Aire would affect the pressure differential between the heads. It may affect idle RPM, but I am not a scientist.
Thanks for jumping in, Rutard. Cheers.

He has it right, Monsignore. The IICE Air can be at any setting during a throttle body sync. But with one possible caveat outlined below.

Tech info:

When the motor is cold, or just starting to warm up, the ECU is in Open Loop at idle. At that point the Air does have an effect on idle. But since a throttle body sync is done with the motor warmed up, the effect when the motor is cold isn't relevant.

When the motor has partially warmed up, halfway warm say, the ECU operates in Closed Loop at idle. From that point the ECU essentially ignores the Intake Air Temp sensor at idle. The idle sync will not be affected.

However, here's the possible caveat. When doing the high RPM sync, there might be a potential benefit to setting the IICE Air to the 0 offset. I say 'might be' because I do not remember if the ECU operates in Closed Loop at 3000-4000rpm, when revving a warmed up motor in neutral.

If anybody has a GS-911 handy, you want to try checking something on your 1100/1150 or 1200, and posting your results? Not a throttle body sync or anything, just plug in the GS-911 on a warmed up bike and check one of the readings.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 09-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #3096
roger 04 rt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,150
On my 1150 at about 3000 RPM, in neutral, my GS-911 reports Open Loop. My LC-1 (after the Adaptation period) reports no IAT enhancement. I would sync with the iiCe Air set as it is run. RB
Old 09-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #3097
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Thanks Roger, but you have a significant modification to your bike.

Would anybody like to contribute a GS-911 check on their 'stock O2 sensor' bike?

Old 09-10-2012, 05:35 AM   #3098
roger 04 rt
Beastly Adventurer

You're welcome. The GS-911 data was taken before and after the modification on my 1150.

roger 04 rt screwed with this post 09-10-2012 at 05:44 AM
Old 09-10-2012, 06:22 AM   #3099
Poolside OP
Syndicated

If anybody has a GS-911 handy, you want to try checking something on your 1100/1150 or 1200, and posting your results? Not a throttle body sync or anything, just plug in the GS-911 on a warmed up bike and check one of the readings.

It will take just a couple of minutes. Post up if you are interested.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #3100
roger 04 rt
Beastly Adventurer

It would be good if you could get one of each. I believe that the 1100 and 1150 have different Closed Loop areas. And doesn't the 1200 use a BMS-K ECU versus the Motronic used for 1100/1150?
Old 09-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #3101
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,724
If no one has done this check before I get back home I can do it then (≈ 14-15th)

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Old 09-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #3102
MSteven
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Setup for change from Techlusion to IICE Air

My 1100 GS had the Cat sensor unplugged with the Techlusion installed. Swapping the Techlusion for the Air does the Cat sensor need to be plugged in? I imagine so, but a definitive answer is more fun.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #3103
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSteven View Post

My 1100 GS had the Cat sensor unplugged with the Techlusion installed. Swapping the Techlusion for the Air does the Cat sensor need to be plugged in? I imagine so, but a definitive answer is more fun.
No, either way is ok.

The IICE Air changes the 'air density' calculation in the ECU. The air/fuel mass ratio calculation is unrelated to the exhaust system. O2 sensor, catalyst, headers, or otherwise.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:47 AM   #3104
MSteven
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Thanks

Is there any reason why it needs to be plugged in?
Sorry this is off topic, but I'm still waiting on manuals for this R1100 GS and don't have detailed info.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:03 AM   #3105
roger 04 rt
Beastly Adventurer

Think of the O2 sensor as a probe that the Motronic (a fueling/spark computer) uses to see if its fuel calculation meets the needs of your catalytic converer (and also the needs of aging components in your engine and E10 fuel).

When the Teclusion was added to your bike (to add more fuel to the mixture than the Motronic wants to allow) the O2 probe was disconnected so that the Motronic wouldn't undo the Techlusion's work.

When you add the ICE Air it will add some additional fuel to the amount the Techlusion is already adding. If that is what you want then leave the Techlusion connected and the O2 disconnected.

It all comes down to how much fuel you're trying to add and whether you want the Motronic to keep the catalytic converter running. In your setup what are you hoping to achieve by adding the iice Air?
Closed Thread