Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 05:54 AM   #3286
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadoca View Post

Will the IICE Air plug into and work on the new LC [Liquid Cooled] GS?
You know, I don't know. I would say that there's a better than even chance that BMW used the same type of Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor on the new GS. There is a possibility the IICE Air may not work in it's current configuration, but the effect of lowering the intake air temp sensor output will have the same effect.

It's possible the connectors on the new bike might be different. Or the sensors might be integrated with another sensor. Like maybe the IAT sensor physically integrated with a Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor, or a Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor.

I'm sure I'll give the electronics on the new Wethead a good going over before too long. Then we'll have a better idea.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 04-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #3287
Jorik
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Hi,

Could ECU (BMS-K on R1200 2010-12 O2 sensors connected) correct temperature shifting wich IICE Air does after few times due to its adaptation ability?

BR
Old 04-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #3288
TBob
Offroad Fab Guy

Oddometer: 696
Hi Jim,
I've got an 09 GSA and have put a booster plug in it which really didn't do much. I see you have several products which one/ones do i need to get to get my bike running better? Oh, only mod on it is a uni filter and the booster - thing runs lean as shit, big dead spot off of idle and surges on the freeway.
Thanks,
TBob

Garden of Eden, the Sierra Club would have.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #3289
65SlashTwo
Da Pigu

Oddometer: 95
How do I pre-order?

OK guys,
Trying to pre-order IICE Air with PayPal and:
Your item(s) sold out
We're sorry, the following item(s) isn't available at this time:
IICE Air 30 Piece Sale - Pre-Order! - No Cancellations or Refunds - Build starts after 30 pieces are pre-ordered.

How do I pre-order to get build going if I can't pay?

Slash
Old 04-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #3290
ADVMAC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
How is the dec. 7 th:evil batch going ?
Old 04-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #3291
(I^2)R/746
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
On order since October. Wondering if I'll ever get the darned thing at this rate.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #3292
Ayrshire Bull
why the hell not?

Oddometer: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by (I^2)R/746 View Post
On order since October. Wondering if I'll ever get the darned thing at this rate.
October ? - meh.

try August

Come on JJ and Poolside; please ..... the troops are getting restless
Old 04-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #3293
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBob View Post

Hi Jim,
I've got an 09 GSA and have put a booster plug in it which really didn't do much. I see you have several products which one/ones do i need to get to get my bike running better? Oh, only mod on it is a uni filter and the booster - thing runs lean as shit, big dead spot off of idle and surges on the freeway.
Thanks,
TBob
Hey there, Bob. Though some folks have reported surging improvement with the IICE Air/Booster Plug type of product, the IICE Smooth would the thing for surging. JJ and I are working on that. But as you know these IICE Airs are first in line.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 04-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #3294
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorik View Post
Hi,

Could ECU (BMS-K on R1200 2010-12 O2 sensors connected) correct temperature shifting which IICE Air does after few times due to its adaptation ability?

BR
Hello there, Jorik. A few people have asked me that question recently. As an initial reply, can I start with this question? Have you been reading things on the internet, and now it has you concerned about something?

Old 04-09-2013, 03:09 AM   #3295
Jorik
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Hello there, Jorik. A few people have asked me that question recently. As an initial reply, can I start with this question? Have you been reading things on the internet, and now it has you concerned about something?

Hello Poolside,

I've made my own temperature shifter (more simple then IICE Air, non-switchable and not so perfect temp. curve). Still not use it due to weather condition. When I started make this device I already had doubt over ECU adaptation. The internet made that doubt weightier :).
Could you clarify this, please.

BR
Old 04-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #3296
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorik View Post

Hello Poolside,

I've made my own temperature shifter (more simple then IICE Air, non-switchable and not so perfect temp. curve). Still not use it due to weather condition. When I started make this device I already had doubt over ECU adaptation. The internet made that doubt weightier :).
Could you clarify this, please.
I think so, yes. There is some empirical information that might help. The thing is, many thousands of these type of devices have been sold. And if they stopped working after a while we all would have heard about it.

Something else to know is that the ECU has both a barometric sensor and a temperature sensor. That means the ECU knows the density of the air to a very high degree of accuracy. The air density figure is the primary datum.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #3297
Jorik
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
I think so, yes. There is some empirical information that might help. The thing is, many thousands of these type of devices have been sold. And if they stopped working after a while we all would have heard about it.

Something else to know is that the ECU has both a barometric sensor and a temperature sensor. That means the ECU knows the density of the air to a very high degree of accuracy. The air density figure is the primary datum.

It's clear now. Thanks!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:48 PM   #3298
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVMAC View Post

I got my IICE Air Now were do i plug it in at on my 2012 r1200gs ?
Sure MAC, here you go. These and many other informative links are in the first post pf this thread.

Installation of IICE Air on R1100/R1150 (Thanks to kandersn)
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...0#post18272500

Installation of IICE Air on R1200 (Thanks to Geoffster and bracky72 and Wallowa)
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...4#post16317774
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...6#post18401396
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post18483559

Installation of IICE Air on F650/F800 Twins (Thanks to DidYouSeeThat)
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post17433341
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...2#post17433382

Old 04-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #3299
Qben
Q

Oddometer: 81
Rocket sprockets

How would your mods interact with Lenny's Rocket Sprockets? I know the mechanism of action is totally different, but would the combination add to or detract from the performance of one or the other when used individually?

I searched this thread and the forum and came up with nothing, so maybe its a dumb question that no one else was ever curious about.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #3300
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qben View Post

How would your mods interact with Lenny's Rocket Sprockets? I know the mechanism of action is totally different, but would the combination add to or detract from the performance of one or the other when used individually?

I searched this thread and the forum and came up with nothing, so maybe its a dumb question that no one else was ever curious about.
I don't think it has been, or if it has I don't remember. No matter either way. To your question, I don't know that they would interact, because as you point out they are very different products.

I think you probably understand that the IICE Air causes the ECU to inject more fuel during Open Loop operation. Either a little or a lot, depending on how you adjust it, and to work with our upcoming products.

The increased ratio is based on air density calculations, which are based on the Intake Air Temperature.

The fuel/air ratio isn't directly related to cam timing. Though I suppose you could say that since the dwell time of the injected liquid fuel on the port wall, and the intake port pressure, are both affected by the cam timing, there is an indirect relationship. But any effect is not specifically relevant because the mixture is amortized say over sequential combustion cycles.

It's like if you put a nickel in your pocket, then you take a nickel out of your pocket. The net effect is the result of both actions, not just one. The analogy is that all the fuel injected into the port gets into the motor, and is burned during a combustion cycle. Nickel in, nickel out. These are ongoing sequential events, not singular events.

I don't know if that explains or confuses the issue for you. Heh heh.

Closed Thread