Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #3391
geotherm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Bad A$$!

..was out of town all last week and couldn't wait to get home and install the IICE AIR. I installed it in about 5 mins and all I can say is the wait was definitely worth it! After riding my 04 GSA for 14k miles in a year since I bought it, I never imagined that big of a performance increase could've been had with something so simple to install. The smooth throttle response is unbelievable -
Thanks Poolside!!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #3392
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemon View Post

Thanks for the great product works great, now the real question is why, BMW couldn't get it right?
You're welcome!

In a way, they did 'get it right'. What I mean is that BMW had to meet emissions requirements, and the bike runs the way it does primarily for that reason. But since you have an IICE Air, and are using the bike off road, you don't have to worry about it.

The new Wethead also has emissions-related drivability problems, though it isn't readily seen for what it is.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 07-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #3393
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotherm View Post

..was out of town all last week and couldn't wait to get home and install the IICE AIR. I installed it in about 5 mins and all I can say is the wait was definitely worth it! After riding my 04 GSA for 14k miles in a year since I bought it, I never imagined that big of a performance increase could've been had with something so simple to install. The smooth throttle response is unbelievable -
Thanks Poolside!!
You bet! We're glad you like it!

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 07-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #3394
TommyHolly
Teaparty member

Oddometer: 215
OK I spent a few hours readinig through the info and I definately think the ICEE-Cool will correct that hesitation problem from a low idle every time I rev up my 2008 BMW R1200GSA.

I have a few questions that are probably simple but I missed on the volumes of data on the other links:
1. How much does this affect gas mileage?
2. My bike is no longer under warranty but will this void anything just in case?
3. The ICEE-Air seems super easy to install, is there decent enough directions that come with the ICEE-Cool for me not to mess anything up?
4. WIll my BMW dealer refuse to work on it if I add your equipment?
5. I'd like to order both IICE-Air and IICE-Cool... how can I do so? Please PM me or email me at tommyholly@comcast.net or call at (708) 288-7717

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Old 07-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #3395
Botch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
I've tried to order this thing a couple times, and I keep getting this message from Paypal:
Quote:
The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number.
This happened when I tried to order my Seat Concepts kit, too (I called Seat Concepts and was able to give them my CC # directly).
Does anybody here know why Paypal won't accept my Mastercard? I've used the same card for decades, never had a problem, have a high credit score, and don't have any other credit card to use (nor do I want one).

Botch screwed with this post 07-25-2013 at 05:08 PM
Old 07-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #3396
InTheMuck
So it goes...

Oddometer: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botch View Post
I've tried to order this thing a couple times, and I keep getting this message from Paypal:

This happened when I tried to order my Seat Concepts kit, too. I called them directly and was able to give them my CC # directly.
Does anybody here know why Paypal won't accept my Mastercard? I've used the same card for decades, never had a problem, have a high credit score, and don't have any other credit card to use (nor do I want one).
Did the expiration date change on your card? I think that happened to me once, and instead of being able to update the expiration date, I had to delete the card and re-enter it.

“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list."
Old 07-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #3397
Botch
Gnarly Adventurer

No, and I don't have an "account" with Paypal, but it said I could pay directly with the information.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #3398
ericm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Quote:
No, and I don't have an "account" with Paypal, but it said I could pay directly with the information.
Once Paypal decides they don't like your credit card you are hosed as far as merchants that use Paypal as a payment processor are concerned. There is no way to get Paypal to understand the problem let alone fix it.

I am really looking forward to getting an ICE-air.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #3399
Botch
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericm View Post
Once Paypal decides they don't like your credit card you are hosed as far as merchants that use Paypal as a payment processor are concerned. There is no way to get Paypal to understand the problem let alone fix it.
Interesting, thanks.
I called my bank (USAA) and there was nothing wrong with my CC. They suggested I contact Paypal directly, which I (finally) did. Their site claims they'll answer my email within 24, and no more than 72, hours; we'll see.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #3400
smithdt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Quote:

I have a few questions that are probably simple but I missed on the volumes of data on the other links:
2. My bike is no longer under warranty but will this void anything just in case?
3. The ICEE-Air seems super easy to install, is there decent enough directions that come with the ICEE-Cool for me not to mess anything up?
5. I'd like to order both IICE-Air and IICE-Cool... how can I do so? .......
I'd be interested to hear the reply for these as well...
Old 07-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #3401
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHolly View Post
OK I spent a few hours readinig through the info and I definately think the ICEE-Cool will correct that hesitation problem from a low idle every time I rev up my 2008 BMW R1200GSA.

5. I'd like to order both IICE-Air and IICE-Cool... how can I do so? Please PM me or email me at tommyholly@comcast.net or call at (708) 288-7717
#1 Not much either way, unless you get more (or less) enthusiastic with your right hand.
#2 No
#3 The instructions can be found in the 1st post of this thread.
#4 No. And you can remove the IICE air as easily as it is installed if you see the need. Or set it to the 0 setting (see the instructions in the 1st post).
#5 The IICE Air vendors thread has a link for ordering. The IICE Cool is not available.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Old 07-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #3402
TommyHolly
Teaparty member

Oddometer: 215
Thanks johnjen,
Do you know when the IICE-Cool will be available again or was it ever?

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Old 07-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #3403
Poolside OP
Syndicated

TommyHolly and smithdt, here are a couple of recent posts addressing performance and MPG with the IICE Air:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leop54 View Post

Well, some impressions after a 550 km tour: my Adv2011 runs smoothly, takes the revs faster, and now I'm able to drive in 6th gear at a speed of 50 km/h (more or less 35mph) with a sort of ease, like the IICeAir added a couple of cylinders to my bike, and I' don't want to say that running at or slightly below 1750rpm is my preferred way to drive, but now I can cross limit zones with no problems.

It is possible also that my bike drinks a half a liter less every hundred kilometers, but I cannot state this for sure. For sure, I'm waiting the Cool!

Ah, one more: installing it requires more time to choose where to place and how the Air, because of the lack of an appropriate space in the frame, than the time needed to unscrew the six screws and unplug the sensor and set again everything.
My best compliments, Poolside, and thanks for the time you devoted to develop that idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by torquerat View Post

I know this was talked about before but after installing mine and putting approx. 200 miles with all kind of riding (and perhaps a little more aggressive) because how good my bike runs I noticed my MPG went up from a average of 42.7 to 45.2

Very happy, very impressed
Others have reported similar results. But it's also like JJ says, a bike's MPG is primarily based on how enthusiastic you get with the throttle. It varies within a range. Very much like the answers you get when you ask how many miles people get from a set of tires.

Some people ride in a higher gear with the IICE Air fitted, and that can improve mileage.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #3404
Botch
Gnarly Adventurer

Jim/Poolside, is there any possible way for me to purchase an IICE Air via personal check, cashier's check, or calling you directly with my credit card number?
As I mentioned a few posts above, Paypal simply will not accept my CC, for no known reason.
You can PM me here or contact me at botchbuy@comcast.net . Thanks!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #3405
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,136
Hotrodding the GS

Quote:
Jim/Poolside, is there any possible way for me to purchase an IICE Air via personal check, cashier's check, or calling you directly with my credit card number?
As I mentioned a few posts above, Paypal simply will not accept my CC, for no known reason.
You can PM me here or contact me at botchbuy@comcast.net . Thanks!
Yes. Yes.You. Can. Send yo cash dollars to slowoldguy, Grinderswitch, Texas 76633. In other news , y'all really need to stop buying these things so production of my " Cool" can begin. Just sayin'. I am dying out here.
Closed Thread