ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #3481
Ravenslair
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Placer County, California
Oddometer: 390
Finally got off my ass and ordered mine. Cannot wait to try it out. Been running premium with almost zero pinging. Will be nice to try regular to see if mileage goes up a little. Either way, looking forward to the package in the mailbox!
Ravenslair is offline  
Old 09-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #3482
spartanman
regret minimizer
 
spartanman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Land of High Hopes & Low Taxes
Oddometer: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
The quicker burn rate of the regular-grade fuel, along with less spark advance, means the maximum combustion pressure occurs closer to the maximum mechanical advantage point of the crank angle.

Maximum mechanical advantage takes place mid-stroke, yes? It's zero at TDC and BDC because the rod centerline aligns with the crank arm. Delaying the start of the combustion process by retarding timing and speeding it up with faster-burning fuel should, in theory, bring the acutal cycle closer to an ideal Otto cycle. The latter assumes heat addition at constant volume (TDC).
spartanman is offline  
Old 09-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #3483
smithdt
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Gladstone, QLD, Australia
Oddometer: 68
using Endure pro

Noticed this on another thread -

[QUOTE=VEGASGSA;22347982]I freely admit not knowing much about the enduro and enduro pro modes..in talking (just standing around shootin the bull)with the guys at Touratech, they were saying if you went out and started full lock turns in the street..no throttle, the GSW would stumble and stutter and was too twitchy to ride on the bottom...but in Enduro Pro, it added some fuel and retards the timing (real or imagined??) and if you weren't looking down at it..you'd think you were on a cammer..

Any ideas how the ICE Air would go in Enduro Pro mode? or am I missing the point all together?
smithdt is offline  
Old 09-19-2013, 04:35 AM   #3484
prince_ruben
Beastly Adventurer
 
prince_ruben's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Oddometer: 1,646
Hey Poolside, think you want to return a pm? I did spend some money with you.
prince_ruben is offline  
Old 09-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #3485
badbs101
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanman View Post
Anybody know of any gas brands not cut with ethanol?
http://www.pure-gas.org - App and Website A+
http://pure-gasoline.com/ - App
http://www.buyrealgas.com/ - Website

There's like 100 stations here in MN. I run it in my mower and snowblower too. Ethanol really clogs carbs on seasonally used small engines.

badbs101 screwed with this post 09-19-2013 at 11:19 AM
badbs101 is offline  
Old 09-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #3486
Poolside OP
Syndicated
 
Poolside's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 11,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_ruben View Post

Hey Poolside, think you want to return a pm?
Hey there Ruben. Thanks for your order! Your PM got pushed to page 2 before I read it. I just sent a reply over.


__________________

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline  
Old 09-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #3487
Poolside OP
Syndicated
 
Poolside's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 11,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithdt View Post

Noticed this on another thread -

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASGSA View Post
[I]f you went out and started full lock turns in the street..no throttle, the GSW would stumble and stutter and was too twitchy to ride on the bottom...but in Enduro Pro, it added some fuel and retards the timing (real or imagined??) and if you weren't looking down at it..you'd think you were on a cammer..
Any ideas how the ICE Air would go in Enduro Pro mode? or am I missing the point all together?
You should expect the same effect from the IICE Air as on the other fuel-injected motors. A shift in the low direction of the Intake Air Temperature sensor signal will improve the throttle response in those areas.


__________________

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline  
Old 09-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #3488
smithdt
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Gladstone, QLD, Australia
Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
You should expect the same effect from the IICE Air as on the other fuel-injected motors. A shift in the low direction of the Intake Air Temperature sensor signal will improve the throttle response in those areas.

Thanks poolside.

Look..I'm a complete novice with this stuff which will probably be highlighted by my next question ...

The other post mentioned that inserting the endurance plug ( 1200 GSW) changes the mapping and fuel delivery at low speed ( am I reading that correctly?)
My question is, would that change be effected in any way by the IICE Air.

Cheers
David
smithdt is offline  
Old 09-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #3489
Poolside OP
Syndicated
 
Poolside's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 11,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithdt View Post

Thanks poolside.

Look..I'm a complete novice with this stuff which will probably be highlighted by my next question ...

The other post mentioned that inserting the endurance plug ( 1200 GSW) changes the mapping and fuel delivery at low speed ( am I reading that correctly?)
My question is, would that change be effected in any way by the IICE Air.

Cheers
David
You bet, David. Yes I took a look in the other thread before answering. Here's what I have to say about the new Wethead, and the red-colored Enduro Pro plug.

All versions of a street-legal vehicle must pass emissions regulations. This includes the bike when operating with the factory-supplied Enduro Pro plug. I understand the motor may run better and the throttle is smoother with the dearly-priced red plug installed. Which means that if you don't plonk down the money for an Enduro Pro plug the motor will be operating less well. That is an intentional design feature.

The motor operating with the Enduro Pro plug must also pass emissions, which means that altering the Intake Air Temperature sensor will improve performance. As to why the motor operates less well without spending extra for the 'accessory' you'll have to take that up with the factory.


__________________

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline  
Old 09-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #3490
smithdt
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Gladstone, QLD, Australia
Oddometer: 68
Hotrodding the GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
You bet, David. Yes I took a look in the other thread before answering. Here's what I have to say about the new Wethead, and the red-colored Enduro Pro plug.

All versions of a street-legal vehicle must pass emissions regulations. This includes the bike when operating with the factory-supplied Enduro Pro plug. I understand the motor may run better and the throttle is smoother with the dearly-priced red plug installed. Which means that if you don't plonk down the money for an Enduro Pro plug the motor will be operating less well. That is an intentional design feature.

The motor operating with the Enduro Pro plug must also pass emissions, which means that altering the Intake Air Temperature sensor will improve performance. As to why the motor operates less well without spending extra for the 'accessory' you'll have to take that up with the factory.
Thanks Poolside

The enduro plug is actually used to change the sensitivity of the ABS and traction control for better offload ride ability . The plug needs to be manually inserted as a safety feature to prevent accidentally toning down ABS and traction control via the switch gear.
The plug is supplied with the bike as standard feature on the packages that have "Pro" riding modes.
That thread I posted seems to suggest that the fuel mapping is also changed when it is inserted as more slow speed riding is expected when off road.

It could be 1 persons perception and I've not seen it mentioned before, but I've not been following purely offload threads either.

I don't intend to use the plug much ( if at all) but I'm wanting to know if running both the IICE Air and the enduro plug would effect things.

Would the combined effect increase fuel delivery at slow speed ( and would that even be a problem?) or would each unit be giving conflicting date to the ECU and cancel the benefits of each OR would the combination be neutral ?

Cheers

smithdt screwed with this post 09-19-2013 at 10:29 PM
smithdt is offline  
Old 09-23-2013, 03:51 AM   #3491
Poolside OP
Syndicated
 
Poolside's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 11,604

Sure thing smithdt. Take a look at my previous comment. Especially the part about all ECU throttle and fuel modes are emissions-certified, including the Enduro Pro modes. All of the throttle and motor operating modes, including Enduro Pro, will benefit from the Intake Air Temperature change.


__________________

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline  
Old 09-23-2013, 03:52 AM   #3492
Poolside OP
Syndicated
 
Poolside's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 11,604
Assembly report


Right now I smell the sweet smell of curing epoxy. This batch is in the first epoxy cure step. And while this one cures, I'll be back at the bench later today to continue assembly on the next batch.


__________________

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline  
Old 09-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #3493
badbs101
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Oddometer: 29
If you don't feel like waiting, I have a brand new, never installed IICE Air that I will sell for the price I paid. $75.00 +$7.50 = $82.50. PM me if you're interested.

Thank you,

Barry

badbs101 screwed with this post 09-23-2013 at 12:55 PM
badbs101 is offline  
Old 09-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #3494
Daz the Aussie
Dualsporting Actor
 
Daz the Aussie's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Californicator
Oddometer: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Right now I smell the sweet smell of curing epoxy. This batch is in the first epoxy cure step. And while this one cures, I'll be back at the bench later today to continue assembly on the next batch.

__________________
"Where do I go now that I've gone too far?"
Daz the Aussie is offline  
Old 09-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #3495
badbs101
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Oddometer: 29
There's a thread here http://www.r1150r.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30416 where a poster is saying that the IICE Air (and other similar air temp dupers like the Booster Plug and Accelerator Module are of no effect on newer 2011?+ BMWs as the ECU learns and adapts to the new "falsified" air temp produced by air temp resistor tuners. I am currently running an Accelerator Module on my 2012 R1200 and it seems to work but I have no way to measure a gradual "adapting out" of the effect by the ECU. And it may just be gradual enough to go unnoticed. What do you think Poolside?



Thanks,

Barry

badbs101 screwed with this post 09-23-2013 at 08:36 PM
badbs101 is offline  
Closed Thread

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014