Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 05:35 AM   #3706
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoGreg View Post

Here's my view of the history timeline:
11-2010 talk begins about the idea. There will be several components released in stages.
3-2011 ordering begins for initial component IICE Air.
I believe I ordered mine in March, 2011

This excessively long development time...

I understand the frustration.

In your history timeline, don't forget about the majority period between your order and your frustration, where 600 IICE Airs were built. We sure never imagined that level of participation was going to happen. And I didn't want to leave a large number of people behind. You can't really call that period 'product development time', you know?

The way I look at it, the history timeline I mean, is that we are still here, dag gummit! Granted, I wish I could have converted your desire into satisfaction. But as I see it, we are in this ADVrider community project together. And because of the joint venture feel, it's about us as a group, more than individuals.

And I have to say, excellent sig line.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation

Poolside screwed with this post 01-08-2014 at 08:56 AM
Old 01-08-2014, 07:14 AM   #3707
KCDakar
What are we waiting for?

Oddometer: 3,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
The way I look at it, the history timeline I mean, is that we are still here, dag gummit! Granted, I wish I could have converted your desire into satisfaction. But as I see it, we are in this ADVrider community project together. And because of the joint venture feel, it's about us as a group, more than individuals.
I'm not a "group" kinda person, that's a different story, but I got in at the very beginning and have always felt that this was a project worth being a part of. I felt it was worth the effort to support a small project that has since turned into a large project. Isn't that what ADV is about, being a Part of something outside yourself and supporting it? Sharing and helping others out?

ADV has so much to show us about life and how things just pan out. There are so many lessons here. You can either roll with the flow or drown in things you can't change. I have spent a good part of my life as the latter, but something happened in my life to change all that. And believe me when I say it was a game changer.

I'm glad that you have spent all this time and effort to make this product as it has made it easier for me to keep on riding. And though I am sorry to see all the ups and downs that have come along with this project, I myself will sit right here and hold out to the very end for something I believe can make my ride better a better ride. What do I have to lose in the big scheme of things?

After all, what the Bike wants, the Bike gets...

I tell it what it wants to hear, and it does what I want it to do. I made that Motronic my bitch. Poolside

Save $5 on Smugmug by entering coupon code: GJBcMk1uLoZm6
Old 01-08-2014, 03:45 PM   #3708
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,148
Hotrodding the GS

KCDakar. lol. Good stuff. Kudos.

I just want to pay my new money and then immediately start bitching about my delivery date. ;)

slowoldguy screwed with this post 01-08-2014 at 04:03 PM
Old 01-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #3709
hopskipjump
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Jim, I just want to know when the next batch ships- what status are they?

thanks
Old 01-09-2014, 04:57 AM   #3710
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopskipjump View Post

Jim when does the next shipment, which was scheduled for October actually ship?

thanks....
SS
Hey there, SS. The previous batch went out in early December. The next batch, your batch, was to go out right before Christmas. As you can imagine, this issue with the Air needed my full attention and then some to work out a fix, then imagine and create a plug-in design for it.

I'm waiting on parts to verify for the plug-in, so there's a gap. This weekend I can spend time on assembly and I'll have a better idea where we're at. The batch of IICE Airs will be completed before building any significant numbers of he plug-in part.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 01-09-2014, 08:46 AM   #3711
hopskipjump
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
much appreciated....
Old 01-09-2014, 09:18 AM   #3712
sarelp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopskipjump View Post
Jim, I just want to know when the next batch ships- what status are they?

thanks
Old 01-09-2014, 02:09 PM   #3713
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,118
Well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarelp View Post

Well look at the bright side............no cavities...

But really....a FILTERED Camel! Lungs are shot anyways...

AND if you remember what "LSMFT" stands for you are probably not a smoker...
Old 01-09-2014, 07:25 PM   #3714
KCDakar
What are we waiting for?

Oddometer: 3,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post
AND if you remember what "LSMFT" stands for you are probably not a smoker...
Acronym Definition
LSMFT Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco
LSMFT Liposclerosing Myxofibrous Tumor
LSMFT Lord Save Me from Truman
LSMFT Let's Stop, My Finger's Tired
LSMFT Low Self esteem Means Friction and Trouble

I like number four myself...

I tell it what it wants to hear, and it does what I want it to do. I made that Motronic my bitch. Poolside

Save $5 on Smugmug by entering coupon code: GJBcMk1uLoZm6
Old 01-13-2014, 06:51 PM   #3715
stephenws
Wishful Wanderer

Oddometer: 57
I've been trying to follow all that is going on here, but maybe I missed something.

I have the IICE Air and would like to get the newer digital combo Air/Smooth, but I still don't see anywhere to order this. I understand I'll get credit for the Air, but I haven't seen a price for the digital dual-function product to know what the difference in price is.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:51 AM   #3716
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenws View Post
I've been trying to follow all that is going on here, but maybe I missed something.

I have the IICE Air and would like to get the newer digital combo Air/Smooth, but I still don't see anywhere to order this. I understand I'll get credit for the Air, but I haven't seen a price for the digital dual-function product to know what the difference in price is.
Hi Steve. You didn't miss anything, and I know what you mean about trying to keep up! The info you're asking about will be in the Vendors thread soon. For now though, I'm finishing up the last batch of IICE Airs, and getting ready to build the plug-in 'calibration' part. Then we'll get into the new designs.

Poolside screwed with this post 01-14-2014 at 06:57 AM
Old 01-17-2014, 08:38 AM   #3717
pierce387
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
I got my I ice air from the shipment Sent out 12/05 for my 2013 800 GS . I was getting ready to install it now but from what I'm reading I don't want to may not work or even screw the bike up ??
Old 01-17-2014, 10:45 AM   #3718
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce387 View Post

I got my I ice air from the shipment Sent out 12/05 for my 2013 800 GS . I was getting ready to install it now but from what I'm reading I don't want to may not work or even screw the bike up ??
That depends, what oil are you using?

Of course I'm kidding, Pierce. On some BMW models the IICE Air temperature shift isn't what it should be, that's what the plug-in part is for. Use the -30C jumper setting in the interim.

Poolside screwed with this post 01-17-2014 at 12:59 PM Reason: Added quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:52 PM   #3719
Thunder Pig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Im in for the new 2 in 1 unit and sent you an email with all my info from the Air purchase to get on the list for the new/undated/improved gizmo. Going to switch to the -30 setting and ride and be happy till more info comes.

Don't let the haters get you down or spend all of your time answering us clowns! Take care of the hardware and get your marketing and support section busy.

I'll wait patiently till the solution arrives. Carry on.
98 KTM 200EXC
99 Speed Triple, etc...
Old 01-20-2014, 08:44 AM   #3720
quietseas4john
n00b

Oddometer: 3
IICE Air mounting location

Hi I have a stupid question. In reading the mounting suggestions I see that it was recommended to mount the unit with tyraps to the frame. Is there any benefit to mounting it there as opposed to screwing it down to the airbox cover? It seems to fit there Perfectly. On my 2004 R1150RT there are small standoffs that allow you to screw it down and not pierce the cover. I did not see this addressed directly and since there was No installation instructions I am asking for some direction. Just a suggestion Could you PLEASE include the Pic of the jumper settings and a brief explanation of the Placement suggestions and brief explanation of the offset settings. If you would include them for future buyers I would be happy to put together a single page with the pertinent info if you wanted me to. It would definitely have made this a lot easier for me and I wouldn't mind building that bridge for others.

Thanks,
John Wall
Closed Thread