Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #3796
terryckdbf
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 972
JJ

I have no problem with you as the moderator for this thread, nor do I have an issue with the "setbacks" or "work in progress" words of Wallowa, I'm fine with all of that.

Calling this thread a "technical" one without answering questions or providing any test data is a stretch. I have not written a negative word regarding your product on this or any thread. I am trying to understand how the ECU processes and responds to the device(s).

Is it possible to ask a question without getting accused of something else and get an answer to the best of your knowledge? That is all I want.

Terry
Old 02-07-2014, 05:36 PM   #3797
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
What part of this is a technical thread don't you people understand?

I have allowed this bitchfest to continue relatively unabated, until now.

I ASKED, pointed at, informed, etc. that we return this thread to a technical discussion, multiple times and in multiple ways, but it doesn't seem to be sinking in.
I certainly wouldn't be as patient as JJ has been.. Take the vendor questions to the vendor's thread in Vendors and keep this thread for technical discussions.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #3798
HighTechCoonass
Living the Dream....

Oddometer: 2,461
Question

Why not merge this thread with Poolsides vendor thread? - This fuss all relates back to the product that is for sale here correct?
or let the discussion continue ONLY if it pertains to new product development (with no pre-sales or marketing reference )by Poolside and JohnJen. That would require all of the sales info to be removed from the front page here... remember the captive audience situation here ....no sales should taking place...

That would follow most closely to Advrider rules established here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
I certainly wouldn't be as patient as JJ has been.. Take the vendor questions to the vendor's thread in Vendors and keep this thread for technical discussions.

HighTechCoonass screwed with this post 02-07-2014 at 06:15 PM
Old 02-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #3799
erkmania
Still Adventuring

Oddometer: 953
I'm sorry mods but, this thread has been diluted well beyond being a technical thread. For example, there are many posts here asking about when the product would be delivered after it was ordered. Many of those posts, and one of them was mine IIRC, were answered here. And, those questions clearly seem to be something that require an answer from a vendor and not the vendor's engineering department. Production delivery schedule discussions should have nothing to do with the technical merits of a product.

Then their are the accolade posts that permeate this thread. Those have typically been met by thank yous from the Iice-Air originators. Those replies surely seems to be in the rightful domain of a vendor and are clearly not technical in nature.

The there are the "Marketing" posts that are quip-like in nature. Rhetorically, what the heck does Marketing know about the technical aspects of the product? It turns out that in this case quite a lot. You do get my drift, though. Marketing is a vendor activity.

I have an Iice-Aire and it seems to work alright. I think my bike's computer has learned enough about its peripheral existence that the initial benefits are partially gone. However, all I wanted was the pinging to go away. And, so far that condition seems abated. The fuel mileage is down a bit, too, and I do believe that the product has had some positive effect on my motorcycle.

Do I want the new update? Sure I do. This just isn't the right place to ask about how/when it will be delivered. Again, that's a question for a vendor.

So, while I feel your angst JJ and PS (and respect the PM), perhaps there's a little too much commingling between the technical and vending threads.

All the best.

2011 BMW R1200GS, 2004 KTM 950, 1996 ATK 605 ESDS
Old 02-07-2014, 07:30 PM   #3800
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,742
I'm going to close this thread, for now.

I have asked that this become/revert back to a technical thread.
It would seem like very few are 'getting' that.

It is my fault for this 'mess' and my responsibility to 'clean it up'.

At this point I don't know what will happen next.
I need to ponder the possibilities and mull over the consequences.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Closed Thread