Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #496
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron from BC View Post
Any insight on the install or a pic of the device (Not interested in seeing the guts of it)

Is it just plug n play in air temp line?

Thanks....
Yes it's plug-n-play but it is adjustable to allow you to dial it in for your conditions (summer heat, winter cold etc.)

As for pictures Poolside will have to answer that one.

And let me restate the deal on this device.
This is a one time batch order situation.

Which means there is a 2 week window to order a device. After that there will be no more availability of this device.

Think of it as a one shot opportunity.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Old 03-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #497
deeve
DumbA$$

Oddometer: 1,121
There is a lot of technical talk that honestly went over my head and lost my interest. I know you put a lot of work into it and seem to know what the heck you are talking about I got lost. I did read the posts that were noted as having he technical info. I guess my big question is what will this do that my Booster Plug/Accelerator module doesn't already do/not do?
Old 03-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #498
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeve View Post
There is a lot of technical talk that honestly went over my head and lost my interest. I know you put a lot of work into it and seem to know what the heck you are talking about I got lost. I did read the posts that were noted as having he technical info. I guess my big question is what will this do that my Booster Plug/Accelerator module doesn't already do/not do?
IICE Air is adjustable to allow you to compensate for winter and summer conditions. The other air temp modules don't have that ability.

In our research we found that the 'one size fits all' approach didn't work well, especially in the summer heat, nor during winter cold.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Old 03-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #499
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausfahrt View Post
Me too.

Are we not BMW riders? We are genetically predisposed to spend money on our rides.
So farkelization is a genetic disease?

Well that explains a whole bunch, now don't it?

JJ

WingMakers.com
Old 03-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #500
GS Addict
Pepperfool

Oddometer: 3,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
Yes it's plug-n-play but it is adjustable to allow you to dial it in for your conditions (summer heat, winter cold etc.)

As for pictures Poolside will have to answer that one.

And let me restate the deal on this device.
This is a one time batch order situation.

Which means there is a 2 week window to order a device. After that there will be no more availability of this device.

Think of it as a one shot opportunity.

JJ
C'mon guys....I have done lots of product development in my career and up front info is the key to sales success.
Do you have a .pdf instruction manual? One the would explain initial setup and installation? Something that we all can read while we wait?
I have a strong technical background and understand what has been discussed so far but I still have questions...what about the guys that are not technically savvy? Condensing 34 pages of discussion doesn't cut it.
I am also curious why there is only a 1 time run of a device that realistically speaking would be have a reasonably long production life.
How about warranty?
If it is truly "plug and play" why do you have this disclaimer in your ad? - "As you know, this is a vehicle electrical part. And like all vehicle electrical parts, they are not returnable." - what could the installer possibly do install it incorrectly?

Frankly after all the hype and discussion on this thread I am confused on the direction that this is suddenly taking.
Signed
I want to believe.

GS Addict screwed with this post 03-12-2011 at 07:01 PM
Old 03-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #501
rc mad
Physycotic gecko

Oddometer: 1,457
hey poolside, just had a good read through of the thread. Have you done any testing with the 650 singles? Will the other devices be available for the singles?

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1017669
It's Santa time folks
Old 03-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #502
fir_chan
Little Red Dot

Oddometer: 90
Will these be made available for overseas Inmates??

Our climate here runs between 20-40 deg celcius all year round.... either its hot and humid or wet with Monsoon like rains....

I thought maybe your adjustable unit may be an option for us here in South East Asia.

Regards,

Jon

**2008** BMW R1200GS Adventure
**2013** Honda CRF250L
Old 03-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #503
deeve
DumbA$$

Oddometer: 1,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Addict View Post
C'mon guys....I have done lots of product development in my career and up front info is the key to sales success.
Do you have a .pdf instruction manual? One the would explain initial setup and installation? Something that we all can read while we wait?
I have a strong technical background and understand what has been discussed so far but I still have questions...what about the guys that are not technically savvy? Condensing 34 pages of discussion doesn't cut it.
I am also curious why there is only a 1 time run of a device that realistically speaking would be have a reasonably long production life.
How about warranty as well?
Frankly after all the hype and discussion on this thread I am confused on the direction that this is suddenly taking.
Signed
I want to believe.
I think a good detailed writeup with pics etc would be great! I too want to believe (and do.)
Old 03-12-2011, 05:06 PM   #504
ausfahrt
mach schnell

Oddometer: 1,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Addict View Post
How about warranty as well?
Signed
I want to believe.
I share your concerns but.....

Considering the potential wrath that these guys will receive on this forum if the product does not deliver as advertised, I think that the 75 bucks I'm shelling out to be worth the investment.

You can always count on the Americans to do the right thing, after they have tried everything else.
-Winston Churchill
Old 03-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #505
Johnny Dakar
Fuckin' Smartass

Oddometer: 13,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausfahrt View Post
I share your concerns but.....

Considering the potential wrath that these guys will receive on this forum if the product does not deliver as advertised, I think that the 75 bucks I'm shelling out to be worth the investment.
That's a pretty weak rationalization.

I'd like pics, a concise description, installation instructions, etc. before I cough up the cash. It looks to me like you've got a bunch of people paying you to further your research.
"Just sharing this quiet time is intimate, our tent, our bikes and our faces illuminated by yellow light from the fire. This is why we travel. To experience those rare moments of perfection of solitude of life."
-Simon Thomas
Old 03-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #506
GS Addict
Pepperfool

This is a well presented product http://www.boosterplug.com/
He has taken the time to present his product and defend it.
I am not saying it works (or doesn't) but I would be reasonably sure I knew what I was getting.
The cart is behind the horse, not in front of it.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #507
Jim Glauz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
What is the reason for a one time run of this product?
Old 03-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #508
Johnny Dakar
Fuckin' Smartass

Oddometer: 13,922
I mean, you've done the heavy lifting, right? I've been following this thread since the beginning. I'm NOT going back and reading it all again.

Pics. Concise description of function. Installation instructions.

Seems fair, right?
"Just sharing this quiet time is intimate, our tent, our bikes and our faces illuminated by yellow light from the fire. This is why we travel. To experience those rare moments of perfection of solitude of life."
-Simon Thomas
Old 03-12-2011, 07:37 PM   #509
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

We are working on answering these questions as we speak.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Old 03-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #510
GS Addict
Pepperfool

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
We are working on answering these questions as we speak.

JJ
Closed Thread