Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #1156
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post

Another place to find these shorting pin jumpers are recycled/used computer stores. When I was in the biz I had hundreds of them stashed in various places, for easy access.
Was that back when you had to sully your hands working on PCs? You Mac guys are such delicate flowers.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 08-04-2011, 07:17 PM   #1157
Poolside OP
Syndicated

I'm glad you guys are loving them! Pound for pound, you really shouldn't see much mileage difference. It only works during acceleration, not at steady speed. You'll be turning the throttle a lot more however. You know you will cause it feels so much better.

I'm staging a batch of 60. The larger batch size is much easier to work with.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 08-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #1158
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Was that back when you had to sully your hands working on PCs? You Mac guys are such delicate flowers.

Well sometimes, but only when I HAD to…
We had 3 guys who worked exclusively on the PC's and while they could work on Macs they usually wanted to wear gloves so they could claim they never actually touched a Mac…

And I did the vast majority of the Mac upgrades. Lots of hard drives and accelerator boards with a second monitor and more ram.

I only wore gloves when I was working on a PC…

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Old 08-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #1159
Geoffster
Fool - Born This Way

Oddometer: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quedok View Post
Is anyone going to do a before and after fuel ecconomy comparison?
I've seen better than usual (49) and worse than usual (44) tanks on my GSA, so it's a wash.

Seems to have increased fuel milage on the 650, but I usually pick up MPG this time of year on that bike (due to "summer blend" fuel?), so it's hard to tell.

Best to go with Poolside's analysis and say there should be no difference -- except what comes from spending more time in the FUN ZONE.

Consider this before arguing with me:
You're an idiot if you argue with a fool!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffster/sets/
Old 08-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #1160
Geoffster
Fool - Born This Way

Oddometer: 1,368
Quote:
Good thing I never told you we have 8 Apple products in daily use in our household of 3. And numerous old iPods forgotten in drawers.

Should I get the dog an iPod Shuffle or Nano?

Consider this before arguing with me:
You're an idiot if you argue with a fool!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffster/sets/
Old 08-05-2011, 06:53 AM   #1161
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 7,037
I'd go with the shuffle. Its a larger chew toy.

My tank should be empty enough to lift the thing off the bike and hide the hotrod tool. As long as I'm there I'll pull the BBoC, and get things back to closer to normal, before the magic is added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffster View Post
Good thing I never told you we have 8 Apple products in daily use in our household of 3. And numerous old iPods forgotten in drawers.

Should I get the dog an iPod Shuffle or Nano?
Facebook
Smugmug
Old 08-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #1162
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post

My tank should be empty enough to lift the thing off the bike and hide the hotrod tool. As long as I'm there I'll pull the BBoC, and get things back to closer to normal, before the magic is added.
You don't need to remove the 1150 tank to install this model. It plugs into the Iintake Air Temperature sensor located on top of the airbox.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #1163
roadrage
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,022
Quote:
You don't need to remove the 1150 tank to install this model. It plugs into the Iintake Air Temperature sensor located on top of the airbox.

Hey aren'tchu supposed to be building these little gems for folks who are sitting on the edge of their seat waiting?
Old 08-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #1164
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrage View Post

Hey aren'tchu supposed to be building these little gems for folks who are sitting on the edge of their seat waiting?
Hey! That post is part of the comprehensive Installation Instructions, such as they are

Old 08-06-2011, 07:03 AM   #1165
Spoke
semi-feral teen

Oddometer: 781
Quote:
Hey! That post is part of the comprehensive Installation Instructions, such as they are

It entered my blood in 1970 on a Honda QA50
Old 08-06-2011, 07:31 AM   #1166
frogy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 799
Still waiting for my bill with baited breath.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #1167
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 7,037
I woke up at 4:30 just like it was a workday.

No alarm.

So I installed my IIce.

Idles better. Need to go for a test ride. Maybe tomorrow after my bicycle ride?

Got to get oil and change the engine oil again. When I was traveling in airplanes these oil change intervals lasted a lot longer.
Facebook
Smugmug
Old 08-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #1168
wrysingfeenix
Dust off those ashes

Oddometer: 627
Fwiw

I just went through the first tank of post-installation gas, and my mileage may be down from a typical 42 mpg to 40 mpg. I say may, because it has occasionally been down to 40 before IICE air. Admittedly, I've been on the throttle more than usual enjoying the performance increase, but I'm what I consider a "spirited" rider anyway.

Also
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
Idles better. Need to go for a test ride.
I have been under the impression that the IICE air only affects the fuel metering under acceleration, but I swear mine idles more smoothly after the installation as well. Poolside...are we experiencing a "halo effect" or ???
---'09 Vespa GT200 Granturismo

wrysingfeenix screwed with this post 08-06-2011 at 08:17 PM
Old 08-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #1169
hilld
riding isn't an addiction

Oddometer: 268
Poolside,

what are the chances of getting the item by the end of the month. I am leaving on a weeklong dual sporting trip the beginning of Sep, would be great if "booster" could make the ride as well.

Initials are DH.

Thanks.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:11 PM   #1170
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrysingfeenix View Post
snip

I have been under the impression that the IICE air only affects the fuel metering under acceleration, but I swear mine idles more smoothly after the installation as well. Poolside...are we experiencing a "halo effect" or ???
Uh in a word (or 2 or 3) you've got that backwards, sorta kinda. And trying to explain all of this in easy to understand terms all the while maintaining accuracy is tricky. I mean the marketing dept doesn't usually worry about being exactingly precise, just getting it close enough is good enough…

IICE-Aire tells the ECU to enrichen the air fuel ratio during steady state throttle (fixed position) conditions when the engine is 'catching up' to a previously changed throttle setting.

IICE-Aire really 'mostly' effects running conditions when in open loop operation.

IICE-Aire does not directly influence what most think of as the accelerator pump feature.

That is what IICE-Cool does. It 'mostly' changes the amount of available fuel ONLY when the throttle is actually being moved (opened or closed as in 'tipped in' or 'tipped out'). AKA accelerator pump function.

The word "mostly" is used because there are other algorithms used at different times (modes) that also use the air temp and oil temp etc., but they have a much smaller impact upon any change to the amount of available fuel. But there are cumulative effects that do overlap each other during the various running conditions. And it is this overlap of the net changes to the amount of fuel present at any given moment that most notice as improvements elsewhere in the various operational modes of the engine.

JJ
ps I hope I got all of this right…

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Closed Thread