Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #1171
wrysingfeenix
Dust off those ashes

Oddometer: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
Uh in a word (or 2 or 3) you've got that backwards, sorta kinda. And trying to explain all of this in easy to understand terms all the while maintaining accuracy is tricky. I mean the marketing dept doesn't usually worry about being exactingly precise, just getting it close enough is good enough…

IICE-Aire tells the ECU to enrichen the air fuel ratio during steady state throttle (fixed position) conditions when the engine is 'catching up' to a previously changed throttle setting.

IICE-Aire really 'mostly' effects running conditions when in open loop operation.

IICE-Aire does not directly influence what most think of as the accelerator pump feature.

That is what IICE-Cool does. It 'mostly' changes the amount of available fuel ONLY when the throttle is actually being moved (opened or closed as in 'tipped in' or 'tipped out'). AKA accelerator pump function.

The word "mostly" is used because there are other algorithms used at different times (modes) that also use the air temp and oil temp etc., but they have a much smaller impact upon any change to the amount of available fuel. But there are cumulative effects that do overlap each other during the various running conditions. And it is this overlap of the net changes to the amount of fuel present at any given moment that most notice as improvements elsewhere in the various operational modes of the engine.

JJ
ps I hope I got all of this right…
That is close enough and good enough for me, and I'm going to assume you got all of it right unless clearly proven otherwise! Thanks.
---'09 Vespa GT200 Granturismo
Old 08-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #1172
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,294
So it make it mo betta. :lol
Old 08-07-2011, 12:09 AM   #1173
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,865
Quote:

I mean the marketing dept doesn't usually worry about being exactingly precise, just getting it close enough is good enough…

IICE-Aire tells the ECU to enrichen the air fuel ratio during steady state throttle (fixed position) conditions when the engine is 'catching up' to a previously changed throttle setting.

ps I hope I got all of this right…
Almost. And an overall good score for the marketing dept!

A good generalization is that the IICE Air has no affect at steady velocity.

IICE-Aire tells the ECU to enrich the air fuel ratio during steady state throttle (fixed position) vehicle acceleration. In other words, conditions when the engine is 'catching up' to a previously changed advanced throttle setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrysingfeenix View Post

I have been under the impression that the IICE air only affects the fuel metering under acceleration, but I swear mine idles more smoothly after the installation as well. Poolside...are we experiencing a "halo effect" or ???
The smoothness at idle isn't related to additional fuel per se, but more consistent fueling.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 08-07-2011, 11:03 AM   #1174
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,206
I hate to ask, but is there a schedule for the IICE-cool ?
Old 08-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #1175
WaWa
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Hey Poolside, I orders my IIice air on july 22nd paid via pay pal... haven't seen it yet. I sent you a p.m. about a week ago and haven't heard back. Any chance you could shed some light on my order status? Please reply via PM.

Looking forward to receiving and installed this soon!
thanks again for your hard work.
jason
Old 08-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #1176
pigfixer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
I paid for mine in March and haven't heard anything yet, there workin on it, everybody is in line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaWa View Post
Hey Poolside, I orders my IIice air on july 22nd paid via pay pal... haven't seen it yet. I sent you a p.m. about a week ago and haven't heard back. Any chance you could shed some light on my order status? Please reply via PM.

Looking forward to receiving and installed this soon!
thanks again for your hard work.
jason
Old 08-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #1177
rc mad
Physycotic gecko

Oddometer: 1,459
Hey WaWa, there's a bit of a queue going on for the ice air and to put it bluntly your not near the front just yet

Some people ordered way earlier in the year and are still waiting, not because poolside is a slacker or anything

It's a new product that he's been working on and has been tested. Each ice is hand assembled by poolside so it's taking some time, first 15 units went out last week and he's working on another batch of 60.

Patience lad, it'll turn up eventually

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1017669
It's Santa time folks
Old 08-08-2011, 03:02 PM   #1178
WaWa
Adventurer

Ahhhhh I see.... my dumb. I misunderstood. I thought the first batch went out and the second was ready for delivery... apparently my excitement got the better of me yet again! Perhaps I should keep better tabs on the thread... sigh

Thanks for the heads up boys!
WaWa
Old 08-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #1179
Plane Dr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaWa View Post
Ahhhhh I see.... my dumb. I misunderstood. I thought the first batch went out and the second was ready for delivery... apparently my excitement got the better of me yet again! Perhaps I should keep better tabs on the thread... sigh

Thanks for the heads up boys!
WaWa
I think poolside said I was like 115th in line, that was the end of june. So a batch or 2 more to go....
86 RG500WW (gone)

Bikes are like women. What you think you want, and what you want, change after the first ride.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #1180
WaWa
Adventurer

:eek 115?
Old 08-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #1181
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 7,131
My Riding impressions from my first test ride, (I'm lazy and trusting and being a full throttle Starbuck's Adventurer I used my morning commute in Monday morning Southern California rush hour), for my test.

Actually I'm going to amend the above statement to: "In my attempt being greener, (aka not more KLR-like), I used my morning commute as an initial test ride."

Configuration:
O2 sensor is connected to BBoC, (BBoC = Black Box of Confusion, aka Wunderlich Performance Controller), Pretty LED lights that blink and stuff, adjustable for which lights are on, when adjusting.
BBoC is disconnected from RHS TB, (did not disconnect BBoC at O2 sensor)

IICE-Air is installed, set at 0.
Touratech end can, CAT in place, (discrete bling mostly hidden behind the LHS Jesse.)

Idle:
Steady at 1150 - 1200 rpm (eyeball measurement, thumbnail not activated) Idle was a bit low prior to installation. (Idle was a little low prior to installation, not quite perfectly halfway between 1,000 and 1,500).

TB’s were not re-sync’d or messed with in any way. Like I said I'm somewhat lazy...
OK, I wanted to approach this as a typical LCD. I was able to avoid reading the instructions through the clever employment of short term memory misplacement.

Impressions:

Prior to IICE-Air installation, there has always been, (since 57,000 miles) a slight stumble at idle at initial warm up no matter how many times the bike is started and stopped this always happens, less pronounced after the engine is warm. Cool morning temperatures cause a near bog/stall condition.
This condition was diminished with the addition of the IIce to a negligible level.

Steady running at freeway speeds, (maintained close monitor on speed limit, all in the name of science.) ever so slight lean surge condition, very slight. All but imperceptible.

When decelerating off light-steady throttle there used to be a slight stumble when getting back on the throttle. With the IICE-Air the reaction from the motor is as smooth as can be felt.

I’ll run a tank of fuel through at 0, then try the other jumper settings for a tank each. Then I'll pull the BBoC, check the TPS setting and balance everything and wax the tank just to be sure I've covered all the bases.

Of course all this may just be a waste and the bike is really reacting to my having McGuyver'd a repair on the second melted tail lamp socket, and washed the Colorado and Utah muck off.Heck, I even picked at the tank decals I'm going to replace for maybe 30 seconds.

You just never know how much voodoo is involved in this science these days.

Seriously? This device of Jim and John's is the best addition to the GS since the Deadhead tank badge.

I'll fill and drain the tank this week.
My Life With The 990R
Smugmug
Old 08-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #1182
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
snipper doodles

IICE-Air is installed, set at 0.
more snipperdom
So just so I know what you mean…

What is IICE-Air set at 0?

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Old 08-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #1183
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigfixer View Post
I paid for mine in March and haven't heard anything yet, there workin on it, everybody is in line.
March 14th !

Not that I'm impatient or anything.
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going, still for sale.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #1184
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,744
Quote:
So just so I know what you mean…

What is IICE-Air set at 0?

JJ
This just in.

Communicated to me via secret courier…

0 = factory fresh setting (-20º)