Uhhhh... Where?

Oddometer: 186
Great update.
Clears up the mystery for me - thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Howdy campers!

Ok here's what's been going on.

I've been setting up shop to build the upcoming IICE products on a regular basis! And also, fitting in a run of IICE Airs when the current orders are filled.

Currently there are 106 pieces left to to complete the current orders. Those are going out in 2 batches. I'm finishing up a batch of 54 pieces this week. Then 52 pieces the following week.

After this week's batch is shipped, the Vendors thread 'buy it now' button will be switched back on for ordering.

08 TE250 - with 300cc Kit
10 Rubicon
Old 09-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #1427
Minnesota
Conform or be cast out

Oddometer: 3,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Howdy campers!

Ok here's what's been going on.

I've been setting up shop to build the upcoming IICE products on a regular basis! And also, fitting in a run of IICE Airs when the current orders are filled.

Currently there are 106 pieces left to to complete the current orders. Those are going out in 2 batches. I'm finishing up a batch of 54 pieces this week. Then 52 pieces the following week.

After this week's batch is shipped, the Vendors thread 'buy it now' button will be switched back on for ordering.

So there's a chance I'll get mine before the snow flies. I have a couple long day trips planned for fall color season. Maybe I'll have a little extra fun with a new farkle on the bike!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:29 PM   #1428
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 14,831
Ok so for those playing along at home.

There will be another run of IICE-Airz for those who want to get in on the 'good stuff'.
But the production of IICE-Airz will come to an end in order for the IICE-Coolz to be produced.
So like voting in chicago, order early and order often!

And it should be remembered that the upcoming IICE-Cool products require an IICE-Aire to work optimally.

And as was mentioned previously if the benefits of the combo of IICE-Aire & IICE-Cool = 100%
then the IICE-Aire is ≈ 33%
and the IICE-Cool is ≈ 67%

We are going to take all of the lessons from production and design etc and focus them at producing the IICE-Coolz. Which means a much shorter lead time and so a much faster and streamlined turn around time.

The IICE-Cool will have some additional advanced features which will be explained in more detail once the design is close to being finalized. But thus far it is going to live up to its name and be WAY COOL beyond just the enhancements to the fuel injection system.

And as the marketing dept is always fond of saying YES!, we will gladly accept any and all accolades and associated kudos. Just because we're takers not givers!!!

So stay tuned for the upcoming announcement of when the order desk will open back up.
And for more in depth details of the 2COOL4U IICE-Coolz!

JJ

johnjen screwed with this post 09-14-2011 at 07:44 PM
Old 09-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #1429
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,143
JJ--

So I don't have to subscribe to the Vendor thread to catch the release of the ICE-COOL because you'll make the announcement here, right?

As long as I subscribe to this thread, I got as good a chance as anybody getting my order in early?
4XKPN - sold
Old 09-14-2011, 07:11 PM   #1430
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Yes!

JJ
Old 09-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #1431
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,924
Any ballpark figure as to how long after the IICE-COOL for the 1150 comes out (it is still first, right ?), will we 1200 owners have to wait ?
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going,
Old 09-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #1432
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

yes!

&

no!

johnjen screwed with this post 09-14-2011 at 11:32 PM
Old 09-15-2011, 07:25 AM   #1433
[!]WildBlue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Im late to the show, Im in line for an IICE Air, but havent seen any details on the Cool... any help?

Yes, I have seen the first post, but the details are thin. Or is that intended? ;-)
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.

[!]WildBlue screwed with this post 09-15-2011 at 07:56 AM
Old 09-15-2011, 09:00 AM   #1434
Boxerwrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Don't forget to make an IICE Cool for my old R1100RT too!

Any Idea of a ballpark Price?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #1435
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by [!]WildBlue View Post
Im late to the show, Im in line for an IICE Air, but havent seen any details on the Cool... any help?

Yes, I have seen the first post, but the details are thin. Or is that intended? ;-)
I don't think we have any details yet on exactly what the IICE Cool will look like, how to install it, what it'll cost, and how it does what it does. Mostly at this point we only know what it's designed to do. I think the most succinct explanation is HERE.
4XKPN - sold
Old 09-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #1436
[!]WildBlue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE View Post
I don't think we have any details yet on exactly what the IICE Cool will look like, how to install it, what it'll cost, and how it does what it does. Mostly at this point we only know what it's designed to do. I think the most succinct explanation is HERE.

PERFECT! Thank you!
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:08 PM   #1437
TommyHolly
Teaparty member

Oddometer: 215
I saw you are working on stuff for the R1200GS... Anything to increase fuel mileage? Especially without substituting power... I could care less about the emissions though.

How about increasing power without substituting mileage? (Mileage is the primary concern for me.)

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Old 09-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #1438
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHolly View Post
I saw you are working on stuff for the R1200GS... Anything to increase fuel mileage? Especially without substituting power... I could care less about the emissions though.

How about increasing power without substituting mileage? (Mileage is the primary concern for me.)
Our design goals are to correct fuel mapping 'errors' not focus on fuel milage. If fuel milage is your primary concern then by not accelerating hard (careful and smooth and slow changes to the throttle) will have a larger effect on mileage than any other single factor.

If you want to create more power the ONLY way to do so is by using MORE fuel. You can't get something for nothing.

JJ
Old 09-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #1439
Lonestar2112
B_nned Camp Parolee

Oddometer: 6,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
Our design goals are to correct fuel mapping 'errors' not focus on fuel milage. If fuel milage is your primary concern then by not accelerating hard (careful and smooth and slow changes to the throttle) will have a larger effect on mileage than any other single factor.

If you want to create more power the ONLY way to do so is by using MORE fuel. You can't get something for nothing.

JJ

Hold on here. JJ in your last PM to my you promised the if I bought IICE AIR then IICE COOLand then finally IICE MT MY PKTS, that I would have a 200HP GS, that gets 100MPG and be able to nuke my lunch. Have I been had.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:11 PM   #1440
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHolly View Post

I understand that, TH. A lot of people have their attention on mileage. JJ said this the other day. I don't think I can say it any better.

Quote:

By itself nothing. But some tend to enjoy their right wrist a bit more, and this will change the mpg.
That quote, and what he said a couple of posts ago pretty much cover it. These devices work when you accelerate. You know, when you advance the throttle from a steady speed cruise, or pull away from an intersection.

During those times, the IICE Air products cause the ECU to inject a little more fuel for the same throttle setting. The rest of the time, like JJ says, they do nothing.

Note: Those statements about how the IICE products work put it almost too simply, while still being true. The simple and overwhelming truth is, the rider really does make his own MPG.

Quote:

Our design goals are to correct fuel mapping 'errors' not focus on fuel mileage. If fuel mileage is your primary concern then by not accelerating hard (careful and smooth and slow changes to the throttle) will have a larger effect on mileage than any other single factor.

Those are fundamental truths, Tommy. To say otherwise would be to say, "The more ice cream you eat, the more weight you'll lose."

On a bone stock 1150, I can get 50mpg, or 28mpg. There are a lot of ways to get low mileage. For example, the difference between riding at 60, verses riding at 85, is about 12mpg. If you wick it up to 100+ you can watch the gas gauge.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Closed Thread