Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #1441
CCTiger
n00b

Oddometer: 9
IIce?

I have tried email and PM, without response, what is the status of previously ordered IIce modules, estimated ship date, which I presume would be before starting to make the "cool" unit?

Thanks.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:17 PM   #1442
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,700

I did a group reply to a list of PMs, sorry I missed you. Here's a post from yesterday.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post16853381

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 09-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #1443
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
Hold on here. JJ in your last PM to my you promised the if I bought IICE AIR then IICE COOLand then finally IICE MT MY PKTS, that I would have a 200HP GS, that gets 100MPG and be able to nuke my lunch. Have I been had.

Ok so you've GOT to be expecting the stock answer by now…

Wait

For

It!

YES!

JJ
Old 09-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #1444
TommyHolly
Teaparty member

Oddometer: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
Our design goals are to correct fuel mapping 'errors' not focus on fuel milage. If fuel milage is your primary concern then by not accelerating hard (careful and smooth and slow changes to the throttle) will have a larger effect on mileage than any other single factor.

If you want to create more power the ONLY way to do so is by using MORE fuel. You can't get something for nothing.

JJ
The reason why I mentioned emissions was that I was hoping to exchange emissions for either increased mileage or horsepower. I understand you can't get something for nothing, ("and you can't get freedom for free... You won't get wise with the sleep still in your eyes, no matter what the dream might, be!!") http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZUOG2EHh-o
Sorry, I love that Rush song.
Ummmm so anyway, yeah... I'll just wait for the new 2013 R1200GS and see what it has to offer.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Old 09-15-2011, 10:04 PM   #1445
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 14,836
When Engineering talks, I pay attention. Marketing, not so much.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:33 AM   #1446
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Assembly Shop is

At least for the next couple of days, to get this batch out.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation

Poolside screwed with this post 09-17-2011 at 08:01 AM
Old 09-17-2011, 08:51 AM   #1447
rattis
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 885
Thumb Twincam

Hi will there be any difference on a twincam as it doesn't surge and generally behaves well.
Maybe the postcombustion popping would be nice to loose!
Do you export? I know it's in there somewhere but I can't go through all the threads to find out
Old 09-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #1448
sonic578
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
After getting used to the DOHC Boxer, I finally installed the unit. For some reason I expected the idle jerkiness to be smoothed out. I say "for some reason" because Jim has consistently said this unit only comes into play when accelerating, so there's no reason it should resolve idle issues. That said, it definitely smooths out the ride! Others have described the effect so I won't repeat. Let's just leave it at this is now one of those must-haves. I feel like a couple of pics always help a post, so here goes...

installed, but not visible

remove cover to show jumper can

looking for blue nail polish... not there.

final jumper setting legend
Old 09-18-2011, 04:26 AM   #1449
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattis View Post

Hi, will there be any difference on a twincam as it doesn't surge and generally behaves well.

Maybe the postcombustion popping would be nice to lose!
Yes! The IICE Air will give the twincam new life and vitality!

Seriously though, the twincam may have few driveability issues, but after you install the IICE Air you will definitely notice that something was missing before. The throttle will be crisper, have more authority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattis View Post

Do you export? I know it's in there somewhere but I can't go through all the threads to find out
Regarding exports: The IICE Air isn't RoHS (lead free) compliant, and cannot be exported commercially. However you can have a friend or associate in the US make the purchase, then send the IICE Air to you. Note: If you do that, do not tell me about it beforehand. Let us know afterward, after you fit it to your bike and can't wait to tell us how it runs!

Old 09-18-2011, 04:38 AM   #1450
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic578 View Post

After getting used to the DOHC Boxer, I finally installed the unit. For some reason I expected the idle jerkiness to be smoothed out. I say "for some reason" because Jim has consistently said this unit only comes into play when accelerating, so there's no reason it should resolve idle issues. That said, it definitely smooths out the ride! Others have described the effect so I won't repeat. Let's just leave it at this is now one of those must-haves.
I'm glad you like your new toy, Dave! Thanks for the installation pics!

Yea we're with you on that. Idle on the boxers can use some help. Somewhere down the road, we're looking at doing an 'idle smoother'. Maybe call it IICE Glass or something.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:47 AM   #1451
jduke
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
What PayPal payment dates are you working on now?
Old 09-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #1452
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Hey there JD. All of the remaining orders are in some stage of completion. That's got to include you. I put in almost 28 hours this weekend, and I'll be back at it later this afternoon.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #1453
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Assembly report.

There are 106 pieces in process. Initially it was two batches. 54 and 52.

While doing the first batch (54) I also doubled up on some of the preparation steps. Meaning the prep steps for both batches (54 and 52) were done simultaneously.

The prepping for both batches took longer than if I just did the prep for one. But overall, doing it that way shortened the time for the full 106.

The longest process is the epoxy cure. The assembly requires 2 epoxy steps, and each epoxy cure takes 36 hours. For the first epoxy step the parts need to be fixtured. I have fixtures for 30 pieces.

Here is the schedule for the 2 epoxy steps, final test, packing and shipping. You can see there is overlap. As the first 30 come out of the fixtures, the second 30 take their place, and so on.

1st 30: Cure 1: 9am Mon to 9pm Tues. Cure 2: 9pm Tues to 9am Thurs. Final test. Pack and ship Thursday.
2nd 30: Cure 1: 9pm Tues to 9am Thurs. Cure 2: 9am Thurs to 9pm Fri. Final test. Pack and ship Saturday.
3rd 30: Cure 1: 9am Thurs to 9pm Fri. Cure 2: 9pm Fri to 9am Sun. Final test. Pack and ship Monday.
Last 16: Cure 1: 9pm Fri to 9am Sun. Cure 2: 9am Sun to 9pm Mon. Final test. Pack and ship Tuesday.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #1454
Farnsrocket
Manos arribas!!!

Oddometer: 3,983
LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!!!!!!!
I don't know what place I am on the list and don't really care now, I am just glad to hear mine will ship by Tuesday!!!!
Thanks for the update!

I can't leave good enough alone.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #1455
Plane Dr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 826
86 RG500WW (gone)

Bikes are like women. What you think you want, and what you want, change after the first ride.
Closed Thread